• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weird change on char spell casting

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few weeks ago, I turned my bog standard archer into a whammy. Now, whenever she casts divine fury, she sounds as if she's a male char....

Don't think it's have any actual effects, beyond irritating me, but has this happened to anyone else?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought that was just me but maybe it's more of us... my Tamer was doing it when logging in she sounds male... thought it was weird.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Few weeks ago, I turned my bog standard archer into a whammy. Now, whenever she casts divine fury, she sounds as if she's a male char....

Don't think it's have any actual effects, beyond irritating me, but has this happened to anyone else?
I experience the same, female char in wraith form makes male sounds.

To be honest, I was never a fan of the banshee graphic for wraith form on females. I wish they both just showed a wraith as the name implies. :(

Been that way as long as I remember to be honest. Never bothered me as much as I dont use wraith form so much.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I am SO glad it's not just me!

And, Akiho, I've never been a fan of it either; never understood why it has to be gendered. Either have one for both or let us choose. I use wraith a lot, on necroweaver & whammy, and it's irritating.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't hold my breath.

After all, there's certain human NPCs/Mobs (looking at you, elite ninja) that have had their gender sounds reversed for FIFTEEN YEARS.

For that matter, I'd love to see Buc's Den get its REAL music back, instead of having it replaced by the music that was originally intended for just the Floating Emporium.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I chalk it up to the Tillerman still referring to all characters as male... since the dawn of UO boating.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I chalk it up to the Tillerman still referring to all characters as male... since the dawn of UO boating.

That irritates me too. Along with the various incorrect tags on fished up loot from shipwrecks. And the utterly ridiculous glassblowing & spiced tags when I engrave them on boxes. It's on the damned item, why can I not put it on the box. Gah!