• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

keep contest result 2019

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To whom it may concern. Nick C is Atlantic Realtor. So is the above poster. He is praising his own self on the 80 votes. !!! eeek! It is nice that he has so many accounts supporting the game we all love. I wish he might spend more time designing his winners.

Now greatest part ever! Yay Spot Stealer and LS!!! I would also like to say yay to number 4, it should have also won.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to put things into perspective AR has made so much money off UO that $800, once, wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Myself. I know nothing of these accusations, just simply pointing out $800 wouldn't be too outrageous to AR.

Last edited:

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..or 5.. Guccis keep was the only one I had been happy with.
Agreed. His demonstrated thought and planning both inside and out as opposed to the number of entries that have nothing but big empty rooms inside. Some of us like to do a little more decorating than just to throw things on the floor. If there are no interior walls, where are we supposed to use the beautiful new paintings from this latest upgrade? Putting rows of auction safes, pedestals and display cases to show off our in-game deco is not my idea of decorating - unless of course I'm setting up a museum. For myself I like large open area on the bottom floor for all my crafting stations then more distinct rooms or spaces on the upper levels for more creative deco plans. Really sorry Gucci's keep did not make it in the top three.

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cyrah didn't say you have 80 accounts - he said you were praising your own achievement in getting 80 votes. We are all becoming very aware that this contest is little more than a popularity contest with excellent designs being repeatedly passed over because people have connections.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Cyrah , so now you are saying that not only I am Atlantic Realtor? And that I used 80 accounts to vote? That means, you are saying that I pay $800 a month for UO?
There are more than a few people spending that much per month in UO, I just hope none of it is on my tax dollars..

Agreed. His demonstrated thought and planning both inside and out as opposed to the number of entries that have nothing but big empty rooms inside. Some of us like to do a little more decorating than just to throw things on the floor. If there are no interior walls, where are we supposed to use the beautiful new paintings from this latest upgrade? Putting rows of auction safes, pedestals and display cases to show off our in-game deco is not my idea of decorating - unless of course I'm setting up a museum. For myself I like large open area on the bottom floor for all my crafting stations then more distinct rooms or spaces on the upper levels for more creative deco plans. Really sorry Gucci's keep did not make it in the top three.
That is the whole reason of this contest and that is the reason we already have a whole bunch of other customized keeps from previous contests, you already have the ones full of walls, full of space for your decos, fireplace, pictures and everything that you want, not all of us do deco as well, some that is the main reason this Keep was designed, to focus on those that want to run a vendor house, sell rares or anything, We dont have anything Big nowadays in the game other than 18x18, main reason maybe got a lot of vote, probably is because is different than the others and yes, this contest like any governor elections. It is all about the people that you onow and than you ask them to go check and go vote. Until the Devs allow us to make our own design, will be like this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most I see are without walls and made in materials that you cant add walls to .
Not without it looking hideous... but people will add something to them... likely in some neon-like ugly disturbing colors... making a true eyesore...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Most I see are without walls and made in materials that you cant add walls to .
well in defense of my design... Joe the Crabmans Fishing Shack
I posted about mine, asking for feedback.
If people had actually looked and offered feedback, I would have made changes...
but i'm thinking that it wouldn't have accepted those changes...
because after I entered the contest, I did make changes to the design & those changes weren't in the design at the time of voting.

but nobody wants to give feedback, because they want their design to be chosen.
I am taking the advice from ones who was honest about the design and will try again at the next keep contest.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will there be more contests? To me its unclear if this was the last for this year or the last forever. I would like it to continue its great fun to build on large plots, But I think it was stated at some M&G that its ending now.
It would be interesting to hear how many of each design has been built this year and still stands. I know some that very soon used another design after not being happy with their first choice, but I guess there are no such figures..
I never gave any feedback to someones design as I dont feel im an expert and know best. I didnt build this time but I voted . The only thing the most of us seem to agree on is that we want to design our own homes! :sad3:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still say I'd be willing to pay a premium to be able to design my own "Keep/Castle" on TC and wait for a publish for it to be added to the list. If it meant I could have my design.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not keep related, but the post above that shows the current Castle choices, isn't correct. The tool on Prodo shows choices not available in the post here. I want to get a 2nd look at castle on the ruins but can't see it anywhere.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I really like that Ravens Keep, thoughtful room sizes and placement which lends to some cool defined deco options. I'm sure its just me but I Hate big square box room houses. #2 can be designed really well Vs. Place random stuff on endless squares, but again that's just MHO.