• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To bind my pet.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello i want to know if the real time of a pet in the stable has changed, it seems to me i have one more than a week and it still just tamed.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when I feed them I always put the day of the week on it (for the next day).
Today is Friday, so I add Sat to the pets name.
And I wait til next week on Saturday to take it out and feed it.
cause if you pull it out before the 7 days are up, then you have to feed it again.
that's why I always add an extra day, cause I will forget what time I fed it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
cause if you pull it out before the 7 days are up, then you have to feed it again.
Totally not true. You could feed them every hour and they will bond when they are supposed to.

I name mine like this. SatSevenTen.

They bond exactly 1 week later. In or out of stable. Magencia bazaar is like a stable. You can get a horse and stay mounted for the week.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Totally not true. You could feed them every hour and they will bond when they are supposed to.

They bond exactly 1 week later. In or out of stable. Magencia bazaar is like a stable. You can get a horse and stay mounted for the week.
maybe on your shard.
My shard is bugged then, because if you take it out before that week is up... then it takes another full week to bond.
And having them outside of the stable...
My trick or treater has a palomino horse and it took 3 weeks to get it to bond without being in the stables.
maybe because I fed it several times a day.

And I'm not the only one on my shard that has trouble getting the pets to bond when fed.
And every time I told them to name them for the next day, when they took them out again, they bonded.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shard is this that has no tamers?

Get a toon you don't use. Buy a horse, feed it, mount it and log off. It will bond.

Different prodo servers don't have different game mechanics.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
The act of pet bonding can seem mysterious until you have a concrete understanding of how it works, and there's a lot of "advice" circulating around. Mostly in game and not on stratics, lol. Most strat vets will jump all over any posted misinformation, but for the posters (and future readers) benefit, so don't take any offense.

The area of taming is very well documented, so you can take most of what you read on here posted by veteran tamers as fact. I myself am largely a taming nubb, but it doesnt take long to spot those who arent. @Pawain, @Khyro & @Khaelor, @Donavon too are very good sources of information and I'd take the word of each over my own.

Bulk name-dropping aside, I can say I've had mounts bond before that I was already riding, after feeding them on a whim. Bugs do exist, (in UO?! Blasphemy!) but I'd say if that was the case it would be on a pet-by-pet basis and not shard-wide though.

Ps: forgive the tag spam, esteemed gentlemen! :scholar: but maybe you taming experts can clarify the issue and share any tips or advice on bonding, since we've almost got a good pet bonding faq goin!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some things are based on a 24 hr timer starting at the time activated. Pets take 7 of those periods to bond.
Chicken Lizards use that timer for egg laying. You feed at least 24 hours later and they may lay an egg. Those are a pain. You have 10 coops full. You want to feed them each night so first night 7pm. Next night you may get on by 7:30 next night 8:30. Soon you have to skip a day to get back to a decent feeding time. I hate those 24hr timer things.

Plants use a much better method. Their 24 hr clock resets at server up. You can care for them at your leisure each day. Now we have Garden Beds.

I have not paid enough attention to Aquariums to know which they use.

I have renamed pets and not fed them before storing them. It happens.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What shard is this that has no tamers?

Get a toon you don't use. Buy a horse, feed it, mount it and log off. It will bond.

I don't appreciate you calling me a liar.
I can tame a pet on Friday, feed it at 7pm and stable it.
the following Friday when I take it out and feed it.
They don't always bond.
I know they will bond after a week.
I just choose to wait one extra day.
So that way I don't have to remember the exact time that I fed it.

There are multiple people that have used my advice and it has worked for them.
maybe you should try it instead of condemning my answer.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plants use a much better method. Their 24 hr clock resets at server up. You can care for them at your leisure each day. Now we have Garden Beds.

I have not paid enough attention to Aquariums to know which they use.
Slightly tangential but aquariums appear to be on the same timer as plants. The chicken lizard timers drive me batty. I miss chicken fight nights, though.

To the OP, I can confirm on Atlantic that the pet bonding timer is a clock-based 24-hour timer x 7 days, you can take the pet in and out of the stables at will and feed additional food throughout the bonding week, and it will still bond when fed 168 hours after the initial unbonded feeding.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My shard is bugged then, because if you take it out before that week is up... then it takes another full week to bond.
This statement is false. Like I said you can pull a pet out of a stable every day and feed it and the original 7 days timer is still valid. There is no way the pet bonding timer resets if you still own the pet.

I don't appreciate you calling me a liar.
I call your statement incorrect. And still do. I am a tamer, I don't want to wait another day because of a myth. By the next day the pet is fully trained and getting skilled.

@kitiara-atlantic I agree on the aquariums. Mine was cycled when I logged on and I am not on this early on week days.

Last edited:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey, Pawain all good? Thanks!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I keep reading how people have been complaining about the Tokuno spawn not working right.
It has been working correctly on Sonoma the whole time.
Its only on a few shards that it isn't working correctly.

And the reason I said that about my shard.
Is because it has happened to multiple people...
They tell me that they have been trying to bond a pet for over 3 weeks and it wouldn't bond.
After they followed my advice, it bonded right away.

And I know you can bond a pet by feeding it, whether its stabled or not.
but like I said, Goldilocks has a palomino horse and it took her 3 weeks to get it to bond.
She rode it around luna while she trick or treated.
when she got too heavy she would throw her candy in the trash.
And she always gave the apples to her horse.

but it could be that everyone that has had this problem on my shard,
that they could be bugged.
I suspect that, because ever since the pet revamp, some of my pets keep resetting back to a 2 slot.
so far its only the ones that don't have power scrolls on them...