• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforge [Greater]

Zepheus

Visitor
Hi folks,

So I have been gone for a while and now I'm picking up imbuing and reforging again. My questions is, I keep getting reforge [minor] items, so how does one actually craft reforge [greater] items?

Currently I craft in below order:
1. Blacksmith makes exceptional weapon using iron ingots
2. Using shadow runic (power re-forging, grand artifice, inspired artifice, any 1 choice desired)
3. Fortify selected weapons
4. Imbuing desired properties

Appreciate if anyone can advise if I did something incorrect that's why I ended up reforge minor weapons,thanks!

Innoxicated

Journeyman
With a few (very few) notable exceptions, minor is what you're actually wanting to reforge for. The goal is to end up with a property you either can't imbue or a property that exceeds its imbueable intensity. That way you have room (both imbue weight and # of properties) to hand-pick what else goes on the weapon.

If you really want to see what the results are like reforging greater, pick up a bronze or better runic and go powerful reforging. You'll soon discover the results are rarely pretty.

That's not to say they cant be, and it can be fun to play around with the higher level runics. I'm especially fond of doing this with runic fletcher's tools, but it can be a costly hobby. Definitely more for the novelty of throwing the dice than being productive.