• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Pub 107 Keep Contest Important Dates

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/23/2019 Please take note of the following important dates for the Publish 106 Keep Contest Contest Start Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:53:35 PM GMT-04:00 DST Round One Voting Tuesday, November 5, 2019 1:00:15 PM GMT-05:00 Round Two Voting Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:00:15 PM GMT-05:00 Contest End Friday, November 15, 2019 1:00:15 PM GMT-05:00

Continue reading...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The emperor really doesn't have any clothes. As for getting in the top 3 top three, copy Robins Nest, Roost or Dragonstone. Copy the grand wizard. Oh that won't work , no dev pick. Activate all of your real estate accounts, build something in 30 minutes then use those plus partners to vote it in. Activate as many young accounts as you can. Those are ways that might help. I wondered if she would find a way to poison the vote this time. Instead she took away all hope from those with less votes. Awesome woman, awesome.

I still think in spite of her and whatever motivates her, players will still find joy in this contest. I will put my two votes to work.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The emperor really doesn't have any clothes. As for getting in the top 3 top three, copy Robins Nest, Roost or Dragonstone. Copy the grand wizard. Oh that won't work , no dev pick. Activate all of your real estate accounts, build something in 30 minutes then use those plus partners to vote it in. Activate as many young accounts as you can. Those are ways that might help. I wondered if she would find a way to poison the vote this time. Instead she took away all hope from those with less votes. Awesome woman, awesome.

I still think in spite of her and whatever motivates her, players will still find joy in this contest. I will put my two votes to work.
yeah instead of 'fixing' the rigged voting they just made it totally impossible for anyone without a fan base or super number of accounts/mates. I will not be entering again. There is no point without a dev pick to at least even out the voting.

If the players voted for top 30 and then the DEVS picked 3 from that it would be ok. At least the same ppl wiith their 70 votes wouldn't be assured of getting in every time. Would only require one round of voting and the devs would only need to look at 30 of em.

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I had already finished mine and entered it before I read this.
I built it for a friend and now I'm afraid that I will disappoint her.

I would appreciate feedback on my design...
Its above Skara Brae cotton field (next to the garden...) in Trammel
Joe the Crabman's Fishing Shack

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got $100 that says this will be the last contest... Any takers?
Naw she is tired of having to look at them and choosing. It will go on until they decide we have enough choices.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

only active accounts can vote and you have to renounce your young player status.

I am wondering if they chose not to vote this time, because its a short testing period for this publish...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is they are sick of being harassed for not picking what someone else wanted them to pick and tired of hearing people whine about their choices not being what people thought they should be so decided to just forget it... Oh and someone probably accused them of playing favorites.

At any rate they could have given us the top 5 in that case and called it good... but top 3 is sad.

But it's all about popularity and not about actual usefulness and design now. Just feels like it's not worth bothering anymore.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Cinderella, EJ cannot vote. I watched young ones show up a great deal. Maybe they renounced. I do not think so.
last keep contest, I heard someone say that a young player could vote.
so I brought a young player to vote.
And it wouldn't let her until I renounced my young player status.
And it was still showing her as a young player when she voted.
I don't think it changed her status at all on TC. cause she was still young after the contest was over.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of a contest that rewards a preferred group of winners with absolutely awful designs, it would be better to have customization as a Veteran reward of 15 years or more. That would encourage player retention and reward old players in coming back. It would also help to repopulate deserted shards as many players move just for the opportunity to play house with a bigger footprint.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Instead of a contest that rewards a preferred group of winners with absolutely awful designs, it would be better to have customization as a Veteran reward of 15 years or more. That would encourage player retention and reward old players in coming back. It would also help to repopulate deserted shards as many players move just for the opportunity to play house with a bigger footprint.
How do old players that have left get to be 15 year vets. Once again another idea to divide the populous. Players that have left in the last few years have become so bored that a stupid keep competition won’t bring them back

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do old players that have left get to be 15 year vets. Once again another idea to divide the populous. Players that have left in the last few years have become so bored that a stupid keep competition won’t bring them back
I, and many others, have come back. It's up to Mythic to make the right decisions to bring the rest. This proposal is one step forward. What is your suggestion that would make a better game experience? Or, was that just a bellyache?

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I passed by it. I will go back and check it out.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First suggestion is to level the playing field. I hate anything that gives vets unfair advantage or shard shields. I feel these should also be in the store. A lesser version maybe 1 token every 2 months. The problem with retention is rampant cheating and scripting etc in 2D client. That REALLY needs dealing with. Mass ban required. Then players will return. But any freebies imo needs to be worth it. Not dumb pumpkin helms and boats. New stuff not reworked crap Not bellyaching. Just seriously fed up and bored

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First suggestion is to level the playing field. I hate anything that gives vets unfair advantage or shard shields. I feel these should also be in the store. A lesser version maybe 1 token every 2 months. The problem with retention is rampant cheating and scripting etc in 2D client. That REALLY needs dealing with. Mass ban required. Then players will return. But any freebies imo needs to be worth it. Not dumb pumpkin helms and boats. New stuff not reworked crap Not bellyaching. Just seriously fed up and bored
Worth considering. We have to remember a lot of those players returning and subscribing lean toward playing house. They have mastered most of the skills, played the game out, and are now expanding possibilties in that one area that has always made UO unique, and that is player housing. Thus, a reason to make customization of keeps and castles a Veteran reward for years of financial support of Mythic.

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I actually voted for your design. You did a bang up job on it! The only thing it needed were some windows. But I liked the layout and it has plenty of useable space.

Last edited:

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been wanting to see a nice log cabin type design for a while and we have never got one. I voted for Cinderella's design because it was the best option for me to vote for (don't believe I should be voting for my own design). I also built a log cabin type design which I think encompasses the old log cabin style with modern touches. Particularly the floors. I wanted it to be simple, stylish, have lots of space and areas to decorate, space for garden beds and crafting, and no interior walls so it can be as customizable as possible. During every one of these contests I've hoped for some kind of log cabin design but people will just not vote for them. Maybe Broadsword will put one of their own in some day? Since we can't get through the wall of popularity votes being cast. : /
LGC.jpg LGC2.jpg

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I actually voted for your design. You did a bang up job on it! The only thing it needed were some windows. But I liked the layout and it has plenty of useable space.
thank you
Its actually named after my fisher, who I nicknamed after my husband.
He is the actual designer of the original 15x15 that I asked him to design for me.
He can look at a picture and design a house to look like it.

I had to change it some for this design and realized later that I left some details out.
I realized after the contest started that I forgot the windows on the east side of the fishing shack.
I didn't put any on the north or west side because some people have complained about too many windows (in past contests).

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck to 18 of you.
No luck needed for the real estate person who spend 30 minutes building 3 and 8. He will vote one of them in. All by himself.
There are some nice options in the 18, please go see.

#3 and #8 is not the same person.
#8 is tue person that gave you a free castle on LS.
And are you mad because that person is not using all his paid accs to vote for you?? All paid accs are valid vote and by looking at his design, it is in fact a really cool idea of an open vendor house and not the same old boring designs.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey you guys, there are fewer days to vote this time.It ends the 15th.
Robin and I did not enter this time.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
upload_2019-11-27_17-57-48.png

They didn't announce who won the contest... but I looked on Origin...
it doesn't mention the designer names, but they are the top 3 voted designs