• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shrine Battle Captain strategy?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've rarely done the Blackthorn Captains and when I have it's been with someone that can solo them and I was along for the ride. Now it seems that these captains will form the much anticipated Halloween mini-event (albeit a month or two late) so I need to know how to fight them. Do you all use a tamer and switch out pets depending on what Captain appears? No sampire here, but I do have an archer, thrower and mystic-mage-SW char. And what are the different types of Captains and their weaknesses/strengths?

Sorry if it appears like a "popps" post ... Thank you all!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great Question. We can all use the info soon.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*whistles*

We will have our usual write up but not until more of the patch is finalized, in case they change things. We are working on an in depth guide to each of the masters and each of the minion combinations.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*whistles*

We will have our usual write up but not until more of the patch is finalized, in case they change things. We are working on an in depth guide to each of the masters and each of the minion combinations.
Cool! Thank you!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they are the same captains as Blackthorn ones, There are two type of captains, ones with high hp and low resistances, and opposite with lower hp but high resistances. You want to have pets or debuffs to drop resists on the ones with high resists or use Armor ignore setup, and the ones with low resistances you just want to spamm low spells , spellplague combos etc.
In both cases , having hit lightning on the weapon seems to double the <base damage>of your weapon, when hit lightning proc, intended or bug no idea but it works good with my mysticism when I add 60% lightning on my weapon with enchant.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i use my Disco/Tamer there, i use a Fire Beetle with RC+AI, while running Consume Damage on him for most Captains. RC is just so powerful, especially in a group fight.
For soloing them, i use my Chiv/Macer (No Necro/Bush), and have a bunch of weps dedicated to killing them and their spawn. For the Captains, i carry two kinds of Mauls (DS for Low Resist Captains) and two kinds of War Axes (AI for High Resist Captains). I'll start off with a Hit Fatigue wep to drop them to 0% Stamina, then switch to my 70% Lightning wep. I keep Stagger going on them the entire time for -60% SSI debuff, that combined with the 0% Stamina neuters the melee Captains and makes them a joke.
Can't wait for Barbed Whips to become craftable, so i can make a bunch of 100% Element Slayer Whips for WWing down their spawn. My Macer has Parry and uses an awesome Shield, so about time i get a 1H WW wep.

Attachments

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If they are the same captains as Blackthorn ones, There are two type of captains, ones with high hp and low resistances, and opposite with lower hp but high resistances. You want to have pets or debuffs to drop resists on the ones with high resists or use Armor ignore setup, and the ones with low resistances you just want to spamm low spells , spellplague combos etc.
In both cases , having hit lightning on the weapon seems to double the <base damage>of your weapon, when hit lightning proc, intended or bug no idea but it works good with my mysticism when I add 60% lightning on my weapon with enchant.
Using hit harm is cheaper in imbuing intensity and works the very same way.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you!