• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Orange petal nerf?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been playing hide and seek with a Dimetrosaur and noticed that orange petals "wear off" seconds after being eaten. They seem to still be lasting appropriate 5 minutes when you are not being poisoned.
Anyone else notice this?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps a Dimetrosaur's poison is strong enough to overcome the orange petal?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps a Dimetrosaur's poison is strong enough to overcome the orange petal?
It can be, but this the first time I see it completely remove the buff. Previously you could stay poisoned despite the petal, but the buff would be there for the full 5 minutes.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
U lose the buff if its high enough level of poison, low level it cures. To high and it cant.
Just right and it removes the buff after the cure.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poison Breath is Lethal Poison. Our EM loves to use it.
upload_2019-11-4_23-31-45.png
Poison Breath (Mana Cost 50)
Trains the creature in the Poison Breath area effect, causing lethal poison to nearby targets.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's just strange that I never experienced/noticed this effect (removal of buff). I use both orange petals and I have been using Dimetrosaurs to train pets since Eodon came out. Maybe I came across an especially uber Dime. Too bad I did not think of loring it.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could be its poison skill was higher than you normally run into, or you were closer this time.

Both of those things affect poison strenth.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've known the petals to completely fail every time the poison is failed against. Been that way for a long time, and they made it easier for the petals to fail 8 years ago.