• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mailbox glitch?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I wanted to get something sm but nice for myself with not a lot of avail $ right now. I know ppl have diff ideas as to what doing something nice for ones self is lol

But I saw this fall / scarecrow looking mailbox in the store and had to get it. Went to test it not thinking the flag wouldn't pop if I gave myself mail.

But when I went to open, there's nothing there when there should be a stack of 3 fish steaks.

Ideas ?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
good you tested with fish steaks lol. page gm to get out and maybe send bug report. sorry for issue

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good you tested with fish steaks lol. page gm to get out and maybe send bug report. sorry for issue
Gonna try with a normal mailbox later that I got the other day with pts for the fun of it. But ya. Wasnt gonna be like, let me throw my ethy in there lmao

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reg mailbox is fine. But will page gm later, not too worried about waiting over an hr to get back a few fish steaks when I'm trying to work on real food lmao

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have a question...can you view whats inside IF you aren't in the house?
I can view them where he is standing, but you can't take anything out from there
(I am referring to the barrel mailbox though, haven't tried this one yet)

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can view them where he is standing, but you can't take anything out from there
(I am referring to the barrel mailbox though, haven't tried this one yet)
I liked the squirrel one. But this is the one that really spoke to me as I love its design. So with limited disposable cash. I bought the sm sovereign pack for this one.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I liked the squirrel one. But this is the one that really spoke to me as I love its design. So with limited disposable cash. I bought the sm sovereign pack for this one.
I've been trying to talk my husband into letting me get this one.
I got the barrel one for my husbands fishing shack, out of my birthday funds.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to talk my husband into letting me get this one.
I got the barrel one for my husbands fishing shack, out of my birthday funds.
$5.37 I think it was after tax for 500 sovereigns and this was 400 with 100 left.

Not a big ask but if youd guys are like me. You really gotta be picky sometimes lmao

If they have a snowman one for xmas... I'm getting that **** !

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
$5.37 I think it was after tax for 500 sovereigns and this was 400 with 100 left.

Not a big ask but if youd guys are like me. You really gotta be picky sometimes lmao

If they have a snowman one for xmas... I'm getting that **** !
ya I know, but I also want the dolphin one too

And any mailbox that has a snowman or snowflake on it, I would love to get it for the Northpole

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya I know, but I also want the dolphin one too

And any mailbox that has a snowman or snowflake on it, I would love to get it for the Northpole
Ice Island home ?

I might have overlooked the dolphin one but the others just seemed, too plain.

But ya. If they end up having one for diff season, I'm gonna try and get em all and switch them out. Or, and this is a long shot lol

Would love one that switches its look based on real world seasonal changes.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ice Island home ?

I might have overlooked the dolphin one but the others just seemed, too plain.

But ya. If they end up having one for diff season, I'm gonna try and get em all and switch them out. Or, and this is a long shot lol

Would love one that switches its look based on real world seasonal changes.
yep Castle on Ice Island on Sonoma.
Its on the East side and now available to the public.
I am still in the process of putting the Elfs back there, but almost fully done decoing it

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep Castle on Ice Island on Sonoma.
Its on the East side and now available to the public.
I am still in the process of putting the Elfs back there, but almost fully done decoing it
Elf's?

I'm assuming vendors heh

Pics ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
upload_2019-11-3_15-26-25.png

upload_2019-11-3_15-26-44.png

upload_2019-11-3_15-27-41.png

so far these have made it back...
I usually use them to store my BODs but I cut down on the amount of BODs I have.
I am using some to store my giftboxes, until I get all my houses organized.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you can dye the hat for the full elf effect on the male.
I dyed some back when you could create them with the green tag.
I used the tokuno dyes, but since they fixed that bug, I haven't been able to dye them.
I'm not sure if I have tried a leather dye tub though

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I fail to understand is what is with Mesanna that she doesn't want us to dye the stinking hat????? What harm does it cause to dye it???

I think it's completely assinine that it can't be dyed... she has some stick wedged somewhere and it needs to come out... sometimes I feel like she does that crap to be a total up yours to the player base.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I fail to understand is what is with Mesanna that she doesn't want us to dye the stinking hat????? What harm does it cause to dye it???

I think it's completely assinine that it can't be dyed... she has some stick wedged somewhere and it needs to come out... sometimes I feel like she does that crap to be a total up yours to the player base.
Plain and simple it's most likely that, but with the response of bec it's what SHE wants and or likes.

Still dont know who she is or what shes all about. Only been back maybe a month but it seems no one really likes her unless they need her

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Plain and simple it's most likely that, but with the response of bec it's what SHE wants and or likes.

Still dont know who she is or what shes all about. Only been back maybe a month but it seems no one really likes her unless they need her
Sometimes that's what happens when you are on the top and the one who sets all the rules... I could say a lot more... but I'm tired and I don't want to really get into that... Probably would say something seriously not nice anyway... think I said enough about it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even more likely to happen when you then don't even stick to those rules time after time ;)
I wasn't going to go there... but... I don't know what's up with her but it seems to me that she pretty much is disgusted by the player base and treats us accordingly though she seems to have her "pets" in the Rares community that she seems to cater to... which is at the expense of everyone else in the game.

I read something today that made me think of things.... "If common sense is so common how come it's rarely ever used?" Anyway... I'm rather over it... Just waiting for some other game to start... Hoping LostArk comes to the US and I might play that... it looks promising. Several of my guildmates in Black Desert want me to play Final Fantasy 14 with them..... that's a NO in my book... that's my son's game... and I've watched him play... I don't like it. Sure it's got pretty graphics and all but I do NOT like the combat system at all in that game. Hate it. I like Black Desert I think more than UO right now... but it's kinda a pay to win sort of game and very grindy (though not NEARLY as grindy as UO is becoming) and if we think the RNG sucketh in this game it's 100x worse in BDO... I'm fairly sure it's completely engineered to make you spend money... The longer you play and the more you spend the less and less likely you are to get what you want in the way of luck with the random crap it gives... forcing you to either spend more money or more and more resources in-game to force you to use up all your in-game currency making you want to get more by spending money on things and selling them.... etc... but then they also constantly give you stuff every day just for logging in and playing so many hours. In fact, they give you rewards for how many hours you play... and not just garbage rewards either... Nice stuff. Things to make your gaming life easier and such.

Anyway... I'm tired of trying to help UO get better I find it to be a lost cause.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know what's up with her but it seems to me that she pretty much is disgusted by the player base and treats us accordingly
Case of "dont bite the hand that feeds you" imo. Even she might realize those power seller accounts will not carry her salary when they don't have anyone to turn a profit on. Otherwise she wouldn't even pretend to care.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't plan on it because I didn't come back for nothing.

But if I were, were to ever consider switching to something else that isn't UO. It would have to have ownable property like uo does. I mean I honestly love the aspect that, yeah the games ****ed up and it has been for a number of years, but it has things that other games don't.

Show me another game right now where you can own a house, have vendors to sell stuff that you find and or make as well as do the whole secure container stuff.

Granted second life, is an entirely different game by itself where there is no owned property.

But to borrow its name, Ultima Online is effectively a second life. Because of what it has.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It has been for me for many years a second life a retreat if you will from the mundane world in which we live... for me it was a way to go out and meet people while still being at home to raise my children alone without leaving my children alone.

It's always been for me a chance to be someone else...

Which is what annoys me a lot about the current direction of things... I feel we've lost a lot of community. Greed has taken over and the community is dying as a result. Seems anymore following the virtuous path is a thing of the past.

I can have property in Black Desert... 5 of them... but they are "instanced"... dozens of people can own the same piece of property... but what you do inside it is sort of your own. Kinda reminds me of the Sims sort of when it comes to decorating and such in that game.

I rather liked Skyrim... still play it from time to time and your right @Draden reminded me of Skyrim too... Not so sure I want to choose just one path though... I like adventuring and exploring... but I also like crafting and doing things on my own so to speak... being self-sufficient. Not sure I'd like a game where I had to wait and wait for someone else to get and do the things I need to do what I wanna do... and not so sure I like the idea of my character growing old and dying.. and starting over again and again... because I died. I die a LOT in games... it would suck to have to restart every time I die. I feel I'd never get anywhere at all.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it would suck to have to restart every time I die. I feel I'd never get anywhere at all.
As I understand it, the soul of a character can be placed into the new character upon creation. So if your master blacksmith died his soul could be inserted into a new character giving him accelerated skill gain in blacksmithing. So it's not really like dying but more like a rebirth which is pretty cool in my opinion.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hum... I dunno... to me it's still a death. But it sounds and looks interesting. I'm hoping LostArk is equally awesome... and eventually makes it to the states... It's now out in Russia... so we'll see.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely forgot about this, had a random thought. Went to check it. Looks like the mailbox is working as normal and I never reported it LOL

So I'm guessing somebody else did and they fixed the issue server-wide.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fixing the mailboxes was one of the items listed in the client patch this week.