• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Created A music video to showcase some of the High Sea's content. Hope you enjoy!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cute... but you really take one of those big brit ships to fight plunder beacons???

You know with a good orc ship you can do the beacons and take 0 damage.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that, kind of gave me a little bit of an insight into the mechanics of the Canon system that I still need to sort of play with. Nothing to worry about it right now with me trying to do some of the Monger quests.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great Video, but if I had to loot like that I think I would quit. And as Malag states you don't need to kill your ship fighting beacons.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you simply not know about the Start Tracking command or just choose not to use it ? And you don't have to stop driving the ship to shoot a cannon. And this videos old, Kyronix made it so the Dreads don't even fire their cannons now, as they do in this video.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the video :)

Don't have to kill your ship though, even using a Brit ship. Just angle her so she's out of range of the cannons, I do this all the time when I'm hunting pirates & find a beacon.

@MalagAste I take a Brit ship - means I don't have to empty the damn hold every five minutes! It takes me longer to find pirate ships than it does to kill the crew & loot them, and having to empty my hold three times in a few hours is annoying.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the video :)

Don't have to kill your ship though, even using a Brit ship. Just angle her so she's out of range of the cannons, I do this all the time when I'm hunting pirates & find a beacon.

@MalagAste I take a Brit ship - means I don't have to empty the damn hold every five minutes! It takes me longer to find pirate ships than it does to kill the crew & loot them, and having to empty my hold three times in a few hours is annoying.
What all are you putting in there???

I don't use my hold... when I find a pirate ship or those smugglers (merchant ship) my crafter recalls aboard empties out all the cargo into her beetle and puts it in the mailbox at the craft hall... when I'm all done she puts it all away.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What all are you putting in there???

I don't use my hold... when I find a pirate ship or those smugglers (merchant ship) my crafter recalls aboard empties out all the cargo into her beetle and puts it in the mailbox at the craft hall... when I'm all done she puts it all away.
Everything that's in their hold goes into my hold - it's all crafting ingredients of one kind or another, from the food to the ingots. I chain pirates as well, I can easily do 8 or more in one session. I loot into my hold, then go hunt for another. And go through a lot of com deeds :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Guess I rather not spend money on deeds and just loot as I go.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's more that I find it tedious to log the whammy & fetch a crafter with a pack animal to lift stuff. I put in to shore to repair my cannons quite regularly, so when that needs done, I fetch my smith who smelts the ore & takes everything else away after she fixes the cannons.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess this is where having multiple accounts is super handy... I generally just log in the crafter gate her onboard and she goes to work... clears all the chests recalls back home and puts it all in the mailbox for later...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have multiple accounts, but I don't have multiple screens. Dual clienting can be done but is a pain in the arse. And once I'm on pirates, I like to stay there a while :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have multiple accounts, but I don't have multiple screens. Dual clienting can be done but is a pain in the arse. And once I'm on pirates, I like to stay there a while :)
Pirates and beacons are the one thing I can take 3 accounts to.

2 archers for beacons. Mage fires cannon and heals for beacons. Bard song increases cannon damage.

For pirates I sit the archers in the back and mage scuttles ship.

Then they all go on the ship to kill pirate. 2 pets and bard playing discord song for damage.

One of the archers may die at a beacon once in a while.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, it's the lack of screens. Don't need extras anyways. My whammy happily solos beacons & pirates no bother, deaths are a rare thing and usually only if I get distracted from hitting the bandie button.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, it's the lack of screens. Don't need extras anyways. My whammy happily solos beacons & pirates no bother, deaths are a rare thing and usually only if I get distracted from hitting the bandie button.
Alt tab I just use one screen. I start the archers on beacon and I dont have to go back to them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Alt + Tab swaps between your characters which is useful... and I run 3 accounts 2 tamers one archer... archer steers the boat tamers run the forward cannon... alternating shots... I pull up a 4th account to fix the boat and loot the chests/hold ... I'm just sitting there and the pirate is dead at that point so it's not like I'm doing much other than looting at that point. If needed I sail close to shore and let her fix the cannon.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Exactly once I set the archer at the beacon or pirate the tamers take over and do his healing... they cast on the pets and cast on the beacon alternating firing the cannon and healing the archer. They also target all the nasty stuff that spawns Krakens and water eles and kill them too... while healing him and firing the cannon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I carry a + 60 hammer on me for cannon repair. Hold it to repair and it costs just a few ingots.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I had more screens I'd probably dual more. But I find it a chore to switch when I'm doing something like setting up a vendor from one account to another, never mind when my archer is kebabbing something. Don't mind sticking to just the one :)

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really nice video! Thanks for your effort in putting it all together. Looks like you've done this type of thing before. :arr:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pirates and beacons are the one thing I can take 3 accounts to.

2 archers for beacons. Mage fires cannon and heals for beacons. Bard song increases cannon damage.

For pirates I sit the archers in the back and mage scuttles ship.

Then they all go on the ship to kill pirate. 2 pets and bard playing discord song for damage.

One of the archers may die at a beacon once in a while.
Bard song increases cannon damage ? Since when is a cannon a member of your party ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bard song increases cannon damage ? Since when is a cannon a member of your party ?
Only on beacon damage. And a cannon is like any weapon. The user gets credit for damage so why not.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only on beacon damage. And a cannon is like any weapon. The user gets credit for damage so why not.
I"m going to need to see a screen shot showing cannon DI or I call shenannigans .

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it is technically considered an SDI buff from the Bard b/c I *think* cannon damage against a beacon is calculated as spell damage. I don't know why, but I do get a bump in cannon damage against beacons for all members of the party using bard mastery and the cannon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m going to need to see a screen shot showing cannon DI or I call shenannigans .
Been going on the whole event. Corpse skin the beacons and you do more damage. Seems like the cannon damage is fire to beacons.

Works with archers also so its not just spells. Saves a lot of cannonballs.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been going on the whole event. Corpse skin the beacons and you do more damage. Seems like the cannon damage is fire to beacons.

Works with archers also so its not just spells. Saves a lot of cannonballs.
Hrm interesting.