• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Jolly Roger TC Release 1

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I have never or will ever reforge a Hatchet, pitchfork or a Butcher knife. Now I know there is hope for the whip. Thanks.

Can not reforge the Pumpkin helmet. They could have made the whips from the Pirate reforgable instead of useless.

Too bad you can't reforge the most important Tinkering item. Jewelry.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what is meant " final batch of vvv themed items" ?
There are 4 reward item types (pillow, lantern, statue, painting) and 16 vice Vs virtue symbols, for a total of 64 possible different rewards.
But so far we have seen only 48 rewards. This year they're going to complete the collection, adding the 16 missing combinations (e.g. lantern of honesty, pillow of hythloth, etc)

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like I'll be transferring completed BOD books to the more active shards so I can complete my XMas reward collection.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make me some smalls to grab on GL then. TY

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, the Bod Queen is Shandara... any BOD that I get goes straight to her...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those are sweet! I want all of those statues! Looks like ill be leeching off GL.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are 4 reward item types (pillow, lantern, statue, painting) and 16 vice Vs virtue symbols, for a total of 64 possible different rewards.
But so far we have seen only 48 rewards. This year they're going to complete the collection, adding the 16 missing combinations (e.g. lantern of honesty, pillow of hythloth, etc)
RIGHT!.... and you'll be get absolutly mad collecting the missing parts because you are the very special darling of the beloved RNG! I'm rather sure that exactly not the wishing parts you want will drop because the older one of the 3 seasons before also will drop - and you need a much more than a dozen of BOD Givers ;)
Fine to read this from the newest News:
New this year! When giving the elf a completed BOD, the elf will now indicate a general level of progress towards the next tree level .
Very helpful ;)

but really - I would have found much more better to read you have a choose option for the missing parts ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Make your characters NOW on GLs... fill all your slots save one to transfer a book full of bods and you'll be ok maybe... but yes the RNG is a fickle beast and often leaves you wanting... Oh and be sure to make a few of them with Necro so you can easily get yourself negative Karma for the anti-virtue rewards if you want those.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I have never or will ever reforge a Hatchet, pitchfork or a Butcher knife. Now I know there is hope for the whip. Thanks.

Can not reforge the Pumpkin helmet. They could have made the whips from the Pirate reforgable instead of useless.

Too bad you can't reforge the most important Tinkering item. Jewelry.
Not sure what you have against Hatchets. They are GREAT AI weapons for swords and I replaced my Bladed Staves with them and with a 2.75 Swing Speed I don't have to put SSI on them so very high leeches.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Make your characters NOW on GLs... fill all your slots save one to transfer a book full of bods and you'll be ok maybe... but yes the RNG is a fickle beast and often leaves you wanting... Oh and be sure to make a few of them with Necro so you can easily get yourself negative Karma for the anti-virtue rewards if you want those.
new chars can kill a cat in Zento & get negative Karma.
And you can just train up 0.1 in tailoring and purchase almost anything at that skill, to fill the BODs

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Siege Perilous shard does a fine job w/ this event, probably so much so as to have GL beat by a long shot.

It is a shard wide effort on Siege, spearheaded and heavily contributed to by Magichands & the UWSP guild.
I highly doubt you have us beat... we have never missed a tree. But I applaud Siege and it's working together... that's how the event should be... a community effort.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Siege isn't a shard.... it's a cult!

don't drink the kool-aid no matter how thirsty you may be!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Im wanting all the new artisan rewards like all of you, but really they will just go into a storage box in my house with the rest ive collected so far.

So much deco in this game that looks better than these anyway

Plus , does anyone like any of the green or red lanterns ? I wish they would have chosen a different look for those. Totally useless to me for my deco needs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Im wanting all the new artisan rewards like all of you, but really they will just go into a storage box in my house with the rest ive collected so far.

Plus , does anyone like any of the green or red lanterns ? I wish they would have chosen a different look for those. Totally useless to me for my deco needs.
I keep a castle with all the virtue/vice stuff all about I've never put these out there yet... don't have a full set and it still drives me nuts that after all these years there still is NO Despise snowglobe... why in the world this ONE has been left out I don't know. I can't complete the set up no matter how I try because 1 snowglobe does not exist... I've asked for it repeatedly... but they have never given it to us... can't for the life of me figure out why.

As for the lanterns... they are not really what I like... but then most of the art for the artisan stuff isn't something I'd ever use anywhere to be honest... it's not as well done as most of the other art... it seems um.... how do I put it... plain... like something you'd see on a cheap deck of cards or something... something out of a sketch that was for a coloring book...

Much like some of the other art introduced when they first came out, it's "flat" lacks depth and texture. Like a sheet out of a coloring book...

If you look at much of the old art for like walls for instance... you can see the detail.. bricks are "rounded" the stone looks "round" it has depth... you look at the newer wall tiles especially the gray set... and it's all "flat"... the bricks and mortar are flat... there is no depth to it. just looks like a print on a flat canvas... like someone painted brick mortar lines on a flat surface. The floor tiles are the same... very flat very "plastic" looking... unnatural...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

there's not much I have been decoing with... the pillows look awesome on the beds.

upload_2019-10-24_19-7-22.png
I borrowed this look, but can't remember what shard I saw this on.

I will probably use more of them, whenever I find a look for my fel castle that I like...
Nothing against the ones already out now. nothing suits the look that I want.
just not sure right now, what exactly that is...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
upload_2019-10-25_14-14-10.png

where I am standing (Cinderella wears pink), I cannot pick it up when its empty cause the items are blocking it.

And anyone that has an empty pitcher can remove the water.
No matter where you are standing...
Joe the Crabman can remove the water where he is standing.

the water looks beautiful, but i wouldn't risk someone removing the water, just so you could lose it

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure what you have against Hatchets. They are GREAT AI weapons for swords and I replaced my Bladed Staves with them and with a 2.75 Swing Speed I don't have to put SSI on them so very high leeches.
I imbued stuff onto a Melisande's Hatchet just to make it a little more useful.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cinderella is right. Anyone can empty the new, will be paid for with real money trough, and take it away. Yuk.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The ones last year were drops. These are recipes and crafted by a Tinker. Nothing a Tinker makes can be reforged. Lets hope that changes.
You can reforge tinker weapons by using a runic hammer.

And yay, recipes for those whips. I will have to bother with Krampus this year.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gosh the little toy animals and the toy gate and stuff is so cute...gosh...I hope we get a set of Lincoln logs next year, or maybe some Legos....holy crap I could have sworn we had adults playing this game.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gosh the little toy animals and the toy gate and stuff is so cute...gosh...I hope we get a set of Lincoln logs next year, or maybe some Legos....holy crap I could have sworn we had adults playing this game.
I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what has this got to do with "Jolly Roger" ? can't see any pirates in this money grab update?

What is the purpose of getting all the soul binders filled? what is the point of all the trade cargo? is there going to be anything new items that are actually desirable? or do I have 250 soul binders and 125 mythic cargo and 800+ cargo stored for nothing?