• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Aquarium maintaining.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2019-10-23_17-14-15.png

upload_2019-10-23_17-15-4.png

I thought the frog was new. Darn.

upload_2019-10-23_17-17-7.png

I can only get mine to last for 2 or 3 cycles and then the water goes unhealthy like the pic.

I take out the fish and start over. I add what is needed for maintaining. One time I brought it back from unhealthy. Then the next cycle it went from healthy to unhealthy.

I used to raise plants in 50 bowls at a time. I have hatched eggs to get all the battle chicken colors. Those worked as expected. The aquariums seems random.

Anyone have better luck?

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have been way too busy with other stuff to put up an aquarium.
I do know that if you axe the aquarium, that the water will go back to healthy.
I had that happen, but it didn't have any fish inside it.
maybe next time axe it with fish inside and replace.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we had the last castle contest I told Kyronix on TC this happens Pawain. He either did not believe me or did not care.
It does not matter how well you follow the fish coffin rules, they will die eventually.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been way too busy with other stuff to put up an aquarium.
I do know that if you axe the aquarium, that the water will go back to healthy.
I had that happen, but it didn't have any fish inside it.
maybe next time axe it with fish inside and replace.
I do every 2 or 3 cycles thats what I mean by start over. I take the fish out. Dont want to frighten them.
Started fresh today.

It should last if you put in the required amounts.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you should ask him to make it right. This is why we all stopped using the first fish coffins. I do what Cinderella does, ax an empty one. At least this time they are fun to have without fish.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you should ask him to make it right. This is why we all stopped using the first fish coffins. I do what Cinderella does, ax an empty one. At least this time they are fun to have without fish.
If I get more input that this is happening to others then I can bug report it.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed inconsistencies - I currently have three of the new aquariums, and although I love the graphics, I don't like that it doesn't do what it should do. If you follow the instructions, then you should end up where they indicate. If you don't, what's the point of the instructions?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This should have just been a collection item to display your fish. The whole needing to take care of it is just nonsense. Let me catch some rare fish and display them in my aquarium! As is I will not use one at all.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Lost interest in aquariums after i saw the pictures with the frame poking through the floor on an upstairs level.

Not worth anyone's time, just forget it and move on lol
the large one is the only one that pokes up through the floor

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This should have just been a collection item to display your fish. The whole needing to take care of it is just nonsense. Let me catch some rare fish and display them in my aquarium! As is I will not use one at all.
if you don't want to water & feed every two days, you can give it an aquarium flake which is good for 7 days

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lost interest in aquariums after i saw the pictures with the frame poking through the floor on an upstairs level.

Not worth anyone's time, just forget it and move on lol

It's only the large one does that. I rather like the small & the wall ones. Still a right faff cos they're not functioning properly though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you don't want to water & feed every two days, you can give it an aquarium flake which is good for 7 days
I don't want to do that either... I would rather catch them and store them for display but yeah not going to bother playing the fish game... I hardly remember to take my meds everyday I can't imagine me trying to remember to care for pixel fish daily... and I'm certainly not likely to remember to care for them weekly... I can't even remember to go pick my wheelbarrows weekly.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry but I have enough real life chores to keep up with, I don't need more in my entertainment. UO is enough of a grind just to acquire most items, I certainly don't want to have to worry about losing what I acquire because I forget to log in and do my UO chores.

Now they could let me put in a fluffy sponge from the King's Collection and it could keep my aquarium healthy for me and I might consider that... and it would give that sponge a use in the game... but that is probably WAY outside out Dev teams creative thought process.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sorry but I have enough real life chores to keep up with, I don't need more in my entertainment. UO is enough of a grind just to acquire most items, I certainly don't want to have to worry about losing what I acquire because I forget to log in and do my UO chores.

Now they could let me put in a fluffy sponge from the King's Collection and it could keep my aquarium healthy for me and I might consider that... and it would give that sponge a use in the game... but that is probably WAY outside out Dev teams creative thought process.
Or if we could put in there a Sponge Bob Square pants..

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you may do everything right, and some may die. don't go on vacation ever. along time ago, some unique fish died. I put all the rare fish in fish bowls and never did the aquarium thing again and wont unless the dev make it where the fish don't die. just be glad you don't have to feed/water all your pets lol. just my opinions

maybe there will be a market for the dead fish lol, im buying

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's some good information in the wiki: Aquariums – Ultima Online .
I read that and the old one on OUGuide.

My issue is this:

The results of Neglect
There are five states of condition for both water and food. Water state should be ‘strong’ or at least ‘healthy’, the states to avoid are ‘unhealthy’, ‘dying’ and ‘dead’.
Food should be ‘overfed’ or ‘full’, states to avoid are ‘hungry’, ‘starving’ and ‘dead’.

I am doing exactly what it says every 2 days. How am I neglecting them?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My issue is this:

The results of Neglect
There are five states of condition for both water and food. Water state should be ‘strong’ or at least ‘healthy’, the states to avoid are ‘unhealthy’, ‘dying’ and ‘dead’.
Food should be ‘overfed’ or ‘full’, states to avoid are ‘hungry’, ‘starving’ and ‘dead’.

This is my probablem too. I do what it says & still have problems.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My issue is this:

The results of Neglect

When I still had an aquarium going, I would feed it every 2 days too. But I almost always put in the amount between Feed and Improve for food and the amount between Maintain and Improve for water.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to get one so I can test and play around with it. I know the old system you got statues and stuff but now I guess MIB's as well ?

Might be another fun way to try and get some.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I still had an aquarium going, I would feed it every 2 days too. But I almost always put in the amount between Feed and Improve for food and the amount between Maintain and Improve for water.
Sounds good. I have 2 that just started side by side. I will maintain one and half improve the other.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tina Small It worked for the first cycle.

upload_2019-10-30_0-12-19.png

Left side I just did maintain and the fish are hungry.
Right side I put an extra. The water would have been unhealthy today if I didn't.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small It worked for the first cycle.

View attachment 103048

Left side I just did maintain and the fish are hungry.
Right side I put an extra. The water would have been unhealthy today if I didn't.
The status doesn't change as soon as you add stuff. You have to wait until the next cycle to see what happened. On your aquarium to the left, I would add one more water.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Is there still this problem? I want to put a big one but I'm waiting for them to fix this bug
The DEVs were told about it sticking up through the floor on Test Center.
They chose to put it in game anyways...
It looks like that it was intended to work like that.

My suggestion would be to place it on the top floor or outside area, that doesn't have a floor above it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like this now. I have not lost any fish at least. Gained a Brine Shrimp.

upload_2019-11-2_18-5-12.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time to use the "Improve" amounts! Once you get them to show Full for food and Healthy for water, then use the in-between amounts for food and water.
They both recovered. The key is adding the amount between maintain and improve when full and healthy. Then Improving as needed.

upload_2019-11-6_18-32-41.png

All the fish have stayed alive. Ill fill up a large one when I am prepared to monitor it daily to get a large reward.
They are not Fish Coffins.

Thanks for the tips.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The key is adding the amount between maintain and improve when full and healthy. Then Improving as needed.
That's exactly it. Every once in a while, you'll still get the message that an "unfortunate accident occurred" and you'll lose a fish. But you should see quite a few more new hatches and/or you rewards once you get things going well. Be sure to leave a couple of empty slots for the new hatches and rewards. I used to throw out most of the rewards for cleanup points, other than the MIBs and the little ships.