• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

info about shard transfer shield

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi all,
i never get one of these but i want to start to use one for another shard.
how it work?

i play on Atlantic and if i want to go to Europa
sure i need a shield for Europa,
i need another one for Atlantic to come back or no?

How it work?

thanks a lot :)

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hi all,
i never get one of these but i want to start to use one for another shard.
how it work?

i play on Atlantic and if i want to go to Europa
sure i need a shield for Europa,
i need another one for Atlantic to come back or no?

How it work?

thanks a lot :)
Yes. You need two shields.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't use pack animals to carry items using the shield transfer token.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
thx for the naswer ;)
but i can use bank box i suppose, correct?
there is a way you can use pack animals?

thanks

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you can use your bank box and your backpack, thats it.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maximum. Is 175 in bank and 125 items in own bag. Plus stuff which is worn.
All pets must be in stable and will be transfered empty to target.
If you want to return you need both shields. There is a 24h delay between transfers. A transfer to tc1 will count as transfer.
If you want to use guild security on your house, don't transfer with the house owner(char).
All unique item id's will be resetted. So if you have stored a dressing you have to repeat this process. E. G. With uo assist. Same to items stored in hand. I assume that ec has same problem with it.
Forgot something. Shield has to be locked/secured in a house where you have access to. Only then they produce a baby transfer token each month.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think you need to be a 14 year veteran to get a shield, lock the shield in your house, and each month to the date you locked it I think you will get a token. These cannot be used by anyone else other than the original owner they were issued to. If you are able to get them or if you have the shields, you need a minimum of two. One to go to the shard you are going to, and the one to go back to the shard you came from presumably, that last one should be in your bank box for safety and it will be there when you get to your destination, so that you can use it to get back.
Also if you decide to travel to say Baja and back to home, make sure you put some gold in the TRANSFER account while at home, if you want to buy stuff while in Baja. (Or else youll get there and you will have no gold at Baja).

If you are NOT a 14 year old paid account (168 months), all the above does not apply, and you will not be able to get one till that time exactly as far as I understand. This is for the Vet Shields.

If you are NOT a 14 year vet and If you still want to xfer: The only way is to pay UO for a xfer TOKEN. That one you can use to xfer anywhere in prodo shards, THEN you can get all your stuff on pack mules etc, etc.
Not sure bout the price, but you can check it on the EA store.(Maybe $20? not too sure, still not too much).
Paying to the UO/EA $20 to xfer where your friends/relatives maybe, is extremely well worth it still, if you consider the amount of time that will take you to re-create these characters, skill them and equip them. This is likely 1-2 hours worth of pay at most, will save you 50-100 hours easily building chars skilling and equipping them there etc, PLUS it helps UO survive a little bit more, it needs that $.

Not an expert in Xfer shields, but I just wanted to help you with this info. Good luck Mary.:)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure a poster can trade money on Atlantic to Europa.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
just transfer char but no money.... now i read i had to put in tansfer acount.....
Not all is lost. Take it easy..Make a post in this forum and the Europa forum, asking for money Xfer to Atl. There are good people that would do that no problem. You may want to hit the Europa forum and ask. No big issue, you just have to wait a little In the meanwhile you can start playing on the Europa shard. If you absolutely have no gold, try a little farming for gold, just to get the essentials. What I do at zero gold, is farm several things, but it all depends on your character specialty. Is it a tamer or fighter? plus people will through 1-10 M your way for insurance gold to start with. Don't feel bad.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Let me know if you have any gold there at all. Dont play without insurance in dangerous spots. I can log in and try to drum up some gold for you if you want, though I dont have any characters there. Just pmessage me.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i trasnfer in Pacific (not Europa) shard, and i miss the golds....sorry but this is my first transfer :sad2::bdh: