• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New ships and boat paint

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I really like the pumpkin orc ships and would like them to add to game where we could buy them or collect the parts to construct a new one.

Also would be nice if the uo store had boat paints for sale , without buying the captains bundle with the ship and wheel all together. And maybe new colors to pick from with the boat paints.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, there's still the paint that wears off from the Floating Emporium, at least for decorating boats for Halloween.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
That's true

But the special dyes look better , and how hard is it to give us a color pallete to choose from, like with the dye tubs ?

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Question , can you have two ships in water at same time? Like one for fishing and one for pirates?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question , can you have two ships in water at same time? Like one for fishing and one for pirates?
Yes, but you have to place them with different characters.

The limit is one High Seas ship per character, plus rowboat use. I think you can also do additional classic ships but they are useless for fishing quests and pirates.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Asked for boat paints to be added to the Clean Up Pts rewards longggg time ago. It fell on very large, very deaf ears.
I would buy boat paints only if they were permanent... I don't waste time on boat paint at the emporium because it wears off and is gone... totally pointless. But yeah I'd spend money on them if they even put them into the store... but they would have to be permanent not that crap that wears off so quickly.

As for the ship deco stuff I'd rather they made stuff like that I could put on my house... like vines... something I could place on railings, short walls and fences and such... it's really well done and looks fantastic...

For my ship I'd like to be able to change the mast and sails... and have darker paints... I hate having bright pastel colors on my ships.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Basara says you have to use a different character.
However, you can place another boat on another character from the same account.
The boat owner and your character will have all abilities for boat commands and can even dry dock the new ship and still have his own ship to use as he wants.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Asked for boat paints to be added to the Clean Up Pts rewards longggg time ago. It fell on very large, very deaf ears.
Probably because a long time ago there were maybe a dozen of us spending any amount of time on boats :) Once the current cycle is over I suspect there will only be a dozen of us spending any significant time on the boats again.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Probably because a long time ago there were maybe a dozen of us spending any amount of time on boats :) Once the current cycle is over I suspect there will only be a dozen of us spending any significant time on the boats again.
I sure hope so. You want to know a good way to avoid getting your stuff stolen? Hang out on boats all freaking day... That's how!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
But they were heard to say that "The Seas content is going to be a permanent feature"? No details provided in the meet and greet, just general hints. But something like this came out..

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Matters would be improved if they addressed the issues with the fishing quests. It's like a BOD, but we can't pick the rewards, and it's a ridiculously lengthy, grinding process to get the scrolls. Just change it so it works like the BOD system already & be done with it.

It would also help if food had a real role to play in the game. That would be a boon for cooks, fishers & hunters.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The little fish you get from fishing are good for a whole few seconds what's the point?

You can't even fight and hit something in that time. As for the pies... they are used... but mostly only a few. If food really helped in some way it would be nice but I don't see that happening in a place where they are concerned about Powercreep.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The little fish you get from fishing are good for a whole few seconds what's the point?
Weren't they changed about 5-6 years ago to last several minutes? Or is it just the fact that I have 120 Eval that I get the duration at least as long as the corresponding spell?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Weren't they changed about 5-6 years ago to last several minutes? Or is it just the fact that I have 120 Eval that I get the duration at least as long as the corresponding spell?
Every time I've eaten them which is what I normally do with them when I'm fishing... they last no longer than my next pull on the fishing line... And my Fisherman is a 120mage with 120 eval... 120 med... hes also my GM inscriptionist... so yeah no... far as I know they last about .2 seconds.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Every time I've eaten them which is what I normally do with them when I'm fishing... they last no longer than my next pull on the fishing line... And my Fisherman is a 120mage with 120 eval... 120 med... hes also my GM inscriptionist... so yeah no... far as I know they last about .2 seconds.
Right..And why do they keep them as a useless item as it is? All they have to do is go to the editor and edit the timing of it to last at least 15-30 minutes if not more..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't understand what drives people to double down on being wrong....

Less than 5 minutes ago, the brown small fish. Ate them, and this is the indicator for the fish's effect (started at 150 seconds, was to 145 seconds by the time I screen-grabbed) Thats a 2 and a half minute duration, not 0.2 seconds. They've been like that 5-7 years.
Screenshot 2019-10-27 00.30.40.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't understand what drives people to double down on being wrong....

Less than 5 minutes ago, the brown small fish. Ate them, and this is the indicator for the fish's effect (started at 150 seconds, was to 145 seconds by the time I screen-grabbed) Thats a 2 and a half minute duration, not 0.2 seconds. They've been like that 5-7 years.
View attachment 102995
Never lasted that long to me and really 2 and a half min... whoopee... Long enough to tie your shoes and what? Again about the time you cast and reel in a fish or not... NOT WORTH EATING. And a FAR cry from "several" min... is 2 in your opinion "several"? Not in mine...

15 min would be ok but 2.5??? Could it be any more lame? Not really.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
my fisher ate one the other day & it was for 120 seconds.
And it was for strength... which helped me take more weight to the bank, just when I needed it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
my fisher ate one the other day & it was for 120 seconds.
And it was for strength... which helped me take more weight to the bank, just when I needed it.
Purple petals work better and last longer.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Purple petals work better and last longer.
I think Extra Strength Potion is even better but not sure, I know it lasts a long time and gives you a bigger boost than anything else I tried.