• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Jolly Roger TC Release 1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/22/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the first Test Center release of Jolly Roger will be available today after 4pm ET! Jolly Roger is the final in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and we are excited to bring you a host of updates to favorites including, Artisan Festival Reward Updates Holiday Gifts Krampus Reward Updates New Ultima Store Item – Stable Set This is only a small part of what’s to come in Jolly Roger and we look forward to hearing your constructive feedback as we work through the public testing process. Please be sure to […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:danceb: Stable Set!:danceb:

• Artisan Festival Reward Updates
  • Holiday Gifts
  • Krampus Reward Updates
  • New Ultima Store Item – Stable Set

Nice they recycle Krampus but add new rewards!

Can't wait to see the stuff!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Patch is up but cant see everything yet.
2019 Holiday tokens are red and give one choice.
upload_2019-10-22_14-13-44.png

3 Holiday art types. Doves the same but different species. Tree in deed form. @Cinderella says it looks good.

Cant see the Stable set or new Artisan Rewards.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Instead of a Train they have a boat going around the tree. :thumbup:

A better Link:

Publish 107 – Jolly Roger – Ultima Online

Artisan Festival Update
  • The Festival begins in Britain.
  • The final batch of Vice and Virtue themed lanterns, sculptures, pillows, and portraits have been added to the reward pool.
  • New this year! When giving the elf a completed BOD, the elf will now indicate a general level of progress towards the next tree level
Krampus Update
  • New Rewards!
    • Recipe for each of the 3 types of whips: Bladed, Barbed, and Spiked
      • Crafted via Tinkering -> Miscellaneous
      • Requires 5 Metal & 10 Leather
      • Can be exceptional
      • Skill Required: 100.0
    • New Trinkets in Krampus’ Coin Purse
      • An Alacrity, SoT, or Powerscroll Book
      • Naughty Elf’s Gloves
      • Rude Ranger’s Tunic
      • Broken Wristwatch
      • Krampus Stars
The tree status may be depressing on LS.

WHIP RECIPES!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultima Store Item – Stable Set
Available for testing from a moongate in the Britain Commons

Decorate your stable with this lovely collection of stable themed items!

Each set contains the following,

• 1 x Cow Statue
    • Gives the owner 2 cuts of raw ribs once per day when locked down in a house
    • Can be dyed with a furniture dyetub
  • 1 x Horse Statue
    • Plays a horse sound effect when used
  • 1 x Chicken Statue
    • Gives the owner 2 eggs once per day when locked down in a house
  • 1 x Metal Tub
    • Functions similar to a water barrel
  • 1 x Feed Bag
    • Decorative feed bags that partially hue with the furniture dyetub
  • 1 x Cow Patty
    • Plays a sound effect when approaching
  • Fencing
    • Each Set Contains,
      • 1 x Corner Piece
      • 9 x East Facing Pieces
      • 9 x South Facing Pieces
      • 1 x NW Corner Piece
      • 1 x SE Corner Piece
      • 2 x S Gates
      • 2 x E Gates
      • 1 x Arch
    • House Only
    • Partially hue with the furniture dyetub
Ill be buying one! I asked Kyronix for lots of fencing if he made this! It has it.

A Cow Patty for @Tyrath and @Victim of Siege.

Last edited:

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Keep Design Contest, Hurry up, Plots all over already.

Help me understand this:

10/22/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the first Test Center release of Jolly Roger will be available today after 4pm ET!

What kind of time UO use? because the TC was already wiped at 3pm ET , and they said will be available today AFTER 4pm ET?? (is 43 min Past 3pm and it is already available):danceb:

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
1 x Cow Patty
  • Plays a sound effect when approaching
speaking as a fella that grew up on a farm im very interested to see what sounds a 'cow patty' makes!

i never heard them make any sound.... only when being stepped on "squish" followed shortly by "oh for the love of.... youve got to be kidding me!"

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
speaking as a fella that grew up on a farm im very interested to see what sounds a 'cow patty' makes!

i never heard them make any sound.... only when being stepped on "squish" followed shortly by "oh for the love of.... youve got to be kidding me!"
y'all were more refined than us. we usually said "Son Of A B***h"

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I continue you be very positively impressed with the quality of the work of the artist.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
upload_2019-10-22_17-37-34.png
I wondered if there would be new boxes.
I wasn't for sure if these are new, so I asked Kyronix & he said there are new hues.
so maybe these are them????

darker one is 2070 and the colorful is 1100

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
an entire years worth of DECO content.

ugh
I had the same thought - maybe, just maybe, they are saving the stuff that is actually useful for last. Nope.
The good news, I can do something more fun than grinding. Come to think of it, I skipped last year's Krampus because I did not see anything worth the effort, and I can do the same with this year's as well.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like that they're introducing the Whip recipes finally, just don't like that they're made with Tinkering, so no reforging them. So no reforging 100% Elemental whips and imbuing Slayers on them, or reforging 70% Hit Area whips. :(
Would love to have 100% Elemental Barbed Whips with matching Slayers and Hit Area for my Macer/Pally. I solo Blackthorn's Captains with him, and he has Parry with no Bush, so uses an actual 1H+Shield. Barbed Whips are the only 1H wep for Macers with WW.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like that they're introducing the Whip recipes finally, just don't like that they're made with Tinkering, so no reforging them. So no reforging 100% Elemental whips and imbuing Slayers on them, or reforging 70% Hit Area whips. :(
Would love to have 100% Elemental Barbed Whips with matching Slayers and Hit Area for my Macer/Pally. I solo Blackthorn's Captains with him, and he has Parry with no Bush, so uses an actual 1H+Shield. Barbed Whips are the only 1H wep for Macers with WW.
We need to explain this to Kyronix. Its like he does not know what weapons we use and what stats.
I'd rather have a Legendary Whip drop than only being able to imbue them. At least a 1 in 50 chance for a keeper.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are absolutely clueless when it comes to weapons and armor... and they just don't get it... they refuse to listen.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you toss cow patties at people (like snowballs)

I mean, not that anyone would, asking for a friend

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can you toss cow patties at people (like snowballs)

I mean, not that anyone would, asking for a friend
you can't double click it.
I accidently did that when I tried to pick it up the first time.

And the sound is kinda like pfft
And to me, it looks more like a cinnamon roll lol

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is there supposed to be more stuff on the fellowship shop?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You evidently didn't milk cows by hand as I did in my days. Cows stood with neck in a wood lock and ate hay and grain as we milked them. Behind them was a "deposit" trough. I guarantee you when they used it, it made a noise - a very unique "SPLAT", which sometimes came with splashed out poo on you!!!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can reforge the whips. You use a runic hammer to do so. I've done it on some of last years drops. They take tinker repair deeds to repair them so it should work. That's the most thing I'm looking forward to and the final pieces of the festival Virtue & Vice items. Still now sure what they have planned for Blackthorns tho. I would LOVE it if it was like the previous years drops and they dropped Minax minors like they did with the same rate as Cult, Origin, KoTL City and Doom ones. Basically all of the Blackthorn rewards are worthwhile, they just made it so damn hard to get enough to just get one item.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can reforge the whips. You use a runic hammer to do so. I've done it on some of last years drops. They take tinker repair deeds to repair them so it should work. That's the most thing I'm looking forward to and the final pieces of the festival Virtue & Vice items. Still now sure what they have planned for Blackthorns tho. I would LOVE it if it was like the previous years drops and they dropped Minax minors like they did with the same rate as Cult, Origin, KoTL City and Doom ones. Basically all of the Blackthorn rewards are worthwhile, they just made it so damn hard to get enough to just get one item.
The ones last year were drops. These are recipes and crafted by a Tinker. Nothing a Tinker makes can be reforged. Lets hope that changes.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Probaby "Splat"..maybe..

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So yet MORE shiny crap but NO progress on sorting out the script doc "team".

Bravo Dev's, BRAVO

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else have Mozilla Firefox 70.0 and is getting UO.com site blocked? I want to see the new stuff and it won't even let me open homepage, let alone this page for the new stuff on UO.com

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All fine here with FF70. What error message do you get? "site blocked" can not be all of it.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think those dove cages are pretty and the stable set is nice other than the fact you only get one arch, maybe one arch and a recipe to make more would have been better... Not a fan of the weird giant toadstool Christmas tree, I guess I am just old-fashioned and prefer something more traditional, it seems so much that we had in the last few years looks over-sized, at least they are able to be dyed.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones last year were drops. These are recipes and crafted by a Tinker. Nothing a Tinker makes can be reforged. Lets hope that changes.
Hatchets are made by tinkers and can be reforged. Not sure where you're getting your information, but tinker items were changed several years ago so they could be reforged by runic hammers.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hatchets are made by tinkers and can be reforged. Not sure where you're getting your information, but tinker items were changed several years ago so they could be reforged by runic hammers.
Do we talk about weapons or can crafted Garg armor also be reforged yet?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe you should play more.

Tinker weapons have ALWAYS being able to be reforged - you just use SMITH Runics to do so.

I just tested it again on a butcher knife, hatchet and pitchfork. All reforged perfectly normally using a shadow runic.

Screenshot 2019-10-23 13.54.18.png

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you should play more.

Tinker weapons have ALWAYS being able to be reforged - you just use SMITH Runics to do so.

I just tested it again on a butcher knife, hatchet and pitchfork. All reforged perfectly normally using a shadow runic.

View attachment 102943
The rules in UO often contradict each other. Tinker made weapons can be reforged, but I am unaware of any tinker made armor that can be. Also, I do not believe any can be enhanced for the material bonus. Kinda silly considering 1/3 of the slots on gargoyles are tinker made armor...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Kyronix was on TC yesterday & he said that they were going to have a discussion for what to do with Blackthorns after Jolly Roger is over. Sometime next year they will be cleaning up that area. That is all that he could say at this time.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what is meant " final batch of vvv themed items" ? makes me wonder if they will bring back next year? or year after year and not be worth doing with no new items?
I was guessing that the next phase would be in blackthorns dungeon with a new npc vender with items but no idea. it cant be all this work for a medallion then stop, could it lol? I am fine with what the devs have done so far except the use of 5 to 10 endless cheating accounts (ej accounts) getting 5 to10 times more than a paid account. what BS