• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paroxy going *Poof* just recreated it.. twice! Be aware!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I made a vid of it and will post soon.

Have posted on bug forum Paroxysmus Swamp Dragon just gone *poof*

It just happened to me on my normal shard and lost a swampie :sad2: so I copied a char from another shard to test, did exactly the same thing and *poof* same thing again.

Blackthorns dismount/stable is the culprit!

Key to note, I also tested it with a normal mount, they don't go *poof* only the Paroxy does.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
look in the stable 2 screens south of the blackthorn castle entrance - should be wandering around in there

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
look in the stable 2 screens south of the blackthorn castle entrance - should be wandering around in there
Just run around my normal shard and Test shouting 'all follow me' for several minutes a piece and nothing.

Surely if it were there, logging out/in would bring it to me, which it doesen't.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here's a vid of me re-creating the issue, I sure hope I'm wrong but I cant find either mount on my normal shard or Test.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what i can see the system is even stabling your dead pet as soon as u step to blackthorn castle.
And since its dead its poofing :/// that really sux

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To add to this issue, I just run the same test with a Grizzled Mare and sure enough, it went *poof* not to be seen again.

Seems anything attained through statuettes/crystals etc are affected.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets that start in Statue form:

So if the pet is dead it can not go in the stable as a ghost.
Blackthorns tries to stable the dead pet.
If the pet and toon dies the pet will go to a holding place, and the same thing will happen.
Loosing connection can attempt to auto stable pets when your dead also.

I do a desktop crash on many trips in the Abyss. If using a statue pet, both usually die before I can get back.

Can this be tested using Sixteenth Anniv Horses? Take those to TC.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
dead pets can go in stables I think its the fact he recall off screen, so his pet stay in serpent hold , another server line zone. When he enters backthorns it goes poof because different server zone I beleive, try to reproduce it in same zone, kill the paroxysmus in britain just before you cross the blackthorn castle bridge, then cross the bridge see if paroxymus poof.
Also, try to relog after that a few times either in britain or blackthorn dungeon, sometimes a few relogs are needed to make a pet come back, or go back at serpent hold pet location , and relog there or check if the pet is wandering there.
At last just a question , could your stable be full ? Say: stablecount it will tell you how many pets your stable can hold.
It could potentially be a stable slots issue if that's the case

Nonetheless, sucks , sorry about your loss :/ I recently lost a prepatch vollem, because I logged out inside a spawn area, when I came back I got kicked another zone, and the vollem went poof.

Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
dead pets can go in stables
Nope, stable master says 'Living pets only please'

kill the paroxysmus in britain just before you cross the blackthorn castle bridge, then cross the bridge see if paroxymus poof.
I ran the same test in Brit stable with my Grizzled Mare. Killed it, got on another mount and rode across the bridge, same result, it went *poof*. Sub-server appears to make no difference.

Also, try to relog after that a few times either in britain or blackthorn dungeon, sometimes a few relogs are needed to make a pet come back, or go back at serpent hold pet location , and relog there or check if the pet is wandering there.
I tried, many, many times and ran around most of Serpent Hold and Britain screaming 'all follow me' and nothing.

At last just a question , could your stable be full ? Say: stablecount it will tell you how many pets your stable can hold.
Definately not, I only have Paroxy mounts on warriors and a spare or two, their stable slots have not changed nor have I added pets in years.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can this be tested using Sixteenth Anniv Horses? Take those to TC.
I suspect it will produce the same result, unfortunately can only copy a character once a day so I'm locked out. Would be interested to see if it does affect all statuette types like vollems, albino squirrels, anni horses and of course the new triton!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I suspect it will produce the same result, unfortunately can only copy a character once a day so I'm locked out. Would be interested to see if it does affect all statuette types like vollems, albino squirrels, anni horses and of course the new triton!
Let me know if you are on test and I'll bring you a few tritons and horses to try... This is something that has ALWAYS scared me since I put a lot of money into pets like Tritons and I have a paroxy on my sampire.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I sent 10 Tritons and 10 Horses to TC1 so either PM me or hit me up in Discord and I'll get those to you for testing... I'm MalagAste#1313 in Discord.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Please test what happens if you DON'T have a second pet out... does it still poof?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you just have a single tamed dead pet or Statue dead pet and go into Blackthorns you get this message:

upload_2019-10-21_19-48-26.png

The pet can be found in the Stable near the entry Bridge.
upload_2019-10-21_19-53-11.png

Ghost pets do not go into the stable. Never have. They go here and can be retrieved by logging off and on also.

If you now keep the dead Statue pet and take out another pet (alive) and go into Blackthorns, It attempts to send both pets to the stable so you lose the Statue pet.

I only tested what was in the video. I Can verify the video is accurate and the statue pet is gone forever.

There are other ways to make pets autostable. Those methods may also cause a dead statue pet to poof.

Please test what happens if you DON'T have a second pet out... does it still poof?
No it does not. But you may think it is gone if you do not look in the stable stalls or log off and on.
I did not try 2 dead statue pets.

There are a lot of combinations that need further testing. Thanks @Akiho

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Tested this out some this morning with tritons.

Ethereal mounts would not make the triton poof, it had to be a second actual pet and a dead triton out.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks to OP and the rest testing this.

What worries me more now that we can reproduce the bug is that there is no comment or even acknowledgement from the developers.

This is a serious bug after all, where real money from the store or a fortune in gold in proxy dragons and other statue pets is lost.

They could just change the mechanics to the automaton heads, which do not get autostabled but go blessed into your bag when they die (need to be resurrected though and you still keep its follower slots). The code is already written, so why not simply get rid of auto-stabling.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

What worries me more now that we can reproduce the bug is that there is no comment or even acknowledgement from the developers.

This is a serious bug after all, where real money from the store or a fortune in gold in proxy dragons and other statue pets is lost.

They could just change the mechanics to the automaton heads, which do not get autostabled but go blessed into your bag when they die (need to be resurrected though and you still keep its follower slots). The code is already written, so why not simply get rid of auto-stabling.

"What worries me more now that we can reproduce the bug is that there is no comment or even acknowledgement from the developers".

Agree, but this post is new, though the problem has existed for years. Now that the method to reliably repoduce the bug is here thanks to the OP, they need to be informed of this to try to fix. There has to be something in the mechanics of the code. The problem really sucks, esp if you look at what it take to get one of the Paroxies, or any scrolled non-statuette pet. So they should hear this one more time..

"What did you say?"

:devil:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I sent 10 Tritons and 10 Horses to TC1 so either PM me or hit me up in Discord and I'll get those to you for testing... I'm MalagAste#1313 in Discord.
Sorry, been out otherwise I would have taken you up on that offer. I believe, with thanks to @Pawain and @Khaelor for the additional testing and confirmation that it's safe to say Tritons suffer the same and this actually is a problem, although given most will take them to 5 slots you are unlikely to fall into the trap.

I must say, even with it being a new post on the official Bug forum, like @celticus I am somewhat disturbed that there has not even been so much as a 'Looking into it' or 'acknowledged' from the Devs given the weight of evidence we now have to prove that this anomaly has been happening!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good luck getting acknowledgment from any of them... without specifically tagging them saying @Kyronix and @Bleak please look into this on the official forums because you know @Mesanna is got a stick where the sun don't shine about them posting anywhere but under her thumb, at BS, it won't happen. They aren't allowed to post anywhere else far as I am aware... So until the stick is removed or we get a new Producer we won't hear a word from them here... but over on the supposed official forum you might if like I said you specifically tag them and as for that this would likely fall on @Bleak more than anyone else.

But yes now that you have reliably reproduced the loss of a statuette pet this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
am somewhat disturbed that there has not even been so much as a 'Looking into it' or 'acknowledged' from the Devs given the weight of evidence we now have to prove
Yeah, again, this is a serious bug due to a coding oversight of the developers.

Think about it, you buy a 10 dollar statue pet from the store, and 1 minute later it goes poof due to the bug. If you bought a real item for 10 dollars, you have a money-back guarantee or at least a warranty if the item is faulty. In UO, they simply take your money and ignore any customer complaints.

The problem is that vendor search is broken since the last patch. I could imagine that this has higher priority, as more players are affected by it. My only hope is that they start working on that statue pet bug next.

I haven't touched my irreplaceable legacy vollems for the exact reason described by OP. Unless they fix this, they will remain in the stable for good.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You want dragons at meet and greets and Gov meetings? Say Dungeon Blackthorn at a corrupted portal and you and your mount go in the Dungeon.
I think that was the exact reason for autostable and not flying gargoyle in the castle.
Please Check if the same error happens when you go to the ship ararat. Aka exploring the deep.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They could also just do nothing, sit back and watch us still paying our subs like addicts :)

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is more to the paroxy disappearing - mine disappeared right in front of the eyes of myself and a guildie whilst fighting captains

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there is more to the paroxy disappearing - mine disappeared right in front of the eyes of myself and a guildie whilst fighting captains
Ya paroxy been bugged for years. I saved up the 60m about 6 years ago and it proofed 1 week later. I recall hearing that this is just not high on the priority list of things to fix. Can't remember if that was said here, official forum, or dev meet and greet.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I fear that all the time but perhaps fixing this would fix it randomly disappearing at other times don't know... though it could just make things worse we won't know till they fix it.

Which is one of the BIGGEST reasons why I'm against them making everything into statuettes to begin with... I don't like them in the Store and don't want to buy them and I don't like them as gifts and stuff like the Tritons and the new crabs .... why the hell they keep doing it I don't know because I keep waiting for someone to lose a T5 Triton with a ton of scrolls and hearing the backlash from that...

You know it's bound to happen.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On a happier note...

Don't know if it was just good karma or incredibly good luck but I set out tonight on that long arduous task of doing Paroxysmus for 2-6 months/years to get a replacement... 6 runs later!!! :D
I'm a happy camper!! And if it dies this time, it's not going out of my sight till it's rezzed!

Paro.jpg

:thumbsup:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I fear that all the time but perhaps fixing this would fix it randomly disappearing at other times don't know... though it could just make things worse we won't know till they fix it.

Which is one of the BIGGEST reasons why I'm against them making everything into statuettes to begin with... I don't like them in the Store and don't want to buy them and I don't like them as gifts and stuff like the Tritons and the new crabs .... why the hell they keep doing it I don't know because I keep waiting for someone to lose a T5 Triton with a ton of scrolls and hearing the backlash from that...

You know it's bound to happen.
They tried to fix this year's ago, basically someone could delete your proxy while pvping with a bug. I believe they fixed that loophole (I'm not brave enough to test it :p), but there's something obviously wrong in the statue code. I think it will take several people losing top end pets to get this on their radar again.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"And if it dies this time, it's not going out of my sight till it's rezzed!"

That would seem to be a reasonable course of action. I don't know why one would choose any other option. o.0

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On a happier note...

Don't know if it was just good karma or incredibly good luck but I set out tonight on that long arduous task of doing Paroxysmus for 2-6 months/years to get a replacement... 6 runs later!!! :D
I'm a happy camper!! And if it dies this time, it's not going out of my sight till it's rezzed!

View attachment 102919

:thumbsup:
Hopefully you know some nice Tamers on your shard.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"And if it dies this time, it's not going out of my sight till it's rezzed!"

That would seem to be a reasonable course of action. I don't know why one would choose any other option. o.0
That's how I stumbled on the bug in the first place, it was early hours, no one around and there is like a 10 minute timer on NPC's rezzing your pet. So I jumped on a backup mount to go back and finish the captain so I could log off for the night. I've done this many times in the past, just never from Blackthorns.

Unusual circumstances yes, but not a completely uncommon practice for many. ;)

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im actually on my 4th paroxy in 6 months. First two times I logged out in felucca on a boat in t2a, no idea what happened either time. Gone when I logged back in. Third time ; Fighting captains in blackthorns, one of them dismounts me, something poisoned my paroxy, my guildie cured it, and it vanished.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You want dragons at meet and greets and Gov meetings? Say Dungeon Blackthorn at a corrupted portal and you and your mount go in the Dungeon.
all they have to do is make the auto stable just in main castle where meeting are held or maybe out to courtyard. no one said they want dragons/pets in meetings or meet and greets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all they have to do is make the auto stable just in main castle where meeting are held or maybe out to courtyard. no one said they want dragons/pets in meetings or meet and greets.
Corrupted Portal. Say Dungeon Blackthorn. Players need to learn to use the stuff we have.

I hear players yell in chat. Can I get a gate to Deceit? Etc. There are few shards that do not have the 4 travel devices for public use very close to Luna gate.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Corrupted Portal. Say Dungeon Blackthorn. Players need to learn to use the stuff we have.

I hear players yell in chat. Can I get a gate to Deceit? Etc. There are few shards that do not have the 4 travel devices for public use very close to Luna gate.
*in General Chat* Can I get a gate to Luna gate please...