• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Archer Template still viable today?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am thinking of trying Siege again and wondering if this template is viable these days?

120 Archery
90 Anatomy
120 Fencing
100 Tactics
90 Healing
80 Poisoning
100 Resist

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
depends on what you're trying to do and how good your connection is. The more details you offer the better advice you will get.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My connection is good, I guess mixture of PvM and PvP. Probably more defending myself but if I come across someone and want to try some PvP, I would stand a chance. Right now I do not have enough soul stones to make major changes but I have 3 I can use.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the template you listed has 20 points left to spend - you should spend those on poisoning.
I would then probably drop healing and anatomy to 80 each and take resist to 120.

This will be a decent PvP template (disarm, bleed with a warfork, lethal poison, armor ignore with a kryss and switch to a composite bow to chase with moving shot when they run).
For PvM you can't expect too much with it I would guess, especially not solo PvM. Archery with the composite bow (armor ignore) will probably be your best bet to kill monsters or get looting rights in a group setting.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How does one make a decent sampire without worrying about losing the items? It is very item dependent but is also more PvM then PvP so it probably wouldn't do so well against one or two PvP geared people. I know they are run on Siege but what would suits look like that would be affordable to lose yet efficient enough to work?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't want to start a new thread so I will continue with this one. Maybe y'all can help me out with a couple of templates to get me going.

• Archer - I have 91 Archery, 100 fencing, tac, and anat, 90 healing, and 50 poisoning. I have on soulstones 75 hiding and 54 stealth which I will most likely dump since they are so low and not too bad to work up later if I desire them back. After dumping those, I will have 3 empty soulstones to use as well.
  • After looking at I kind of liked the idea of of the spellweaver archer or abc archer from @Max Blackoak on his Siege Discord channel. However bushido may be a total pain to train from 0. The wraith archer seemed decent but I would not be mounted which might be tough. That's why I am not looking too much into the mystic archer because RC takes 5 slots.

• Sampire - I would have to invest in more soulstones but seems cool. I am worried about suit more than anything. What are some examples of suits that samps are using on Siege that I would not have to overly worry about losing should I run into PKs.
I am open to suggestions and advice. Help me live the Siege Life!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire - I would have to invest in more soulstones but seems cool. I am worried about suit more than anything. What are some examples of suits that samps are using on Siege that I would not have to overly worry about losing should I run into PKs.
I am open to suggestions and advice. Help me live the Siege Life!
go back to the public Siege discord and take another look at the sampire thread, it includes the cheap suit that is ideally paired with the enchantress' cameo as your blessed item.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you don't have 120 imbuing trained I can sell suits like that for 500k (obviously without the cameo)