• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats the word on doing humility hunt?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
lum lum lum!

so i decided id go give this virtue a shot and work it up.
must say im a little befuddled by how hard it is to work it up so far.
im wondering if im doing somthing wrong, maybe someone who has worked it up can come in and set me straight.

i decided to try it on a tamer first.
went into a trance, lum lum lum, my resists dropped down to 0 across the board, my pets resistances dropped by 70 across the board as well.
i read that i had to kill Evil Aligned critters, so i went into fel and was killing Demons, which usually are the best for gaining fame and stuff like that since they are so..... well evil.

i killed 10, checked my gaining.... nothing
killed another 15..... nothing.
killed 30+ and got my first jewel in humility.
got up to 80 demons killed and im still at only 2 jewels.

that seems VERY slow going.

anyone else try it out?
is it really this slow going?

i thought id go try on a warrior to see if it was any different.
i thought maybe the pet was interfering with the gains???

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
also wondering if because i have magic resist (120) which gives me 'resists' if that is maybe doing something to slow my gains?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think in this instance it is quantity not quality. If I remember rightly killing a lot of low level evil aligned creatures does the job.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Low level mobs are best. I strongly advise non-casters. Use a slayer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Much to my dismay Poo the gainning of the virtue seems to be based on QUANTITY rather than QUALITY... so hitting a zillion low level mobs quickly will gain you in this much faster than if you were killing 1 large thing... So go somewhere with a ton of low level easy spawn and just kill everything you see.... soon you will be a Knight.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Best way I have found is hitting the Dragon Turtle spawn. I get a ton of the level one critters to follow me, pop across the creek, lum lum lum and eq them.... lum lum lum.. wait until my resists come back and go get more. It took quite a while for me to hit knight though.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despise champ spawn level 1-2 makes it pretty easy. I just throw a couple EVs then EQ. I think it takes like 3/4 champs if you only do level 1 and 2 to become a knight.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Despise champ spawn level 1-2 makes it pretty easy. I just throw a couple EVs then EQ. I think it takes like 3/4 champs if you only do level 1 and 2 to become a knight.
Hmmmm... fel side must give a decent bump to the level of Humility gained then. It took a good 8-10 on Drag Turtle. Good to know...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you guys using mages or warriors or tamers?
anyone notice a difference between using the different classes?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've done it on an Archer and on a Mage/Tamer. No difference that I noted. Remember Quantity not Quality... has nothing to do with it being evil or a rabbit... just numbers of kills far as I could tell.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've done it on an Archer and on a Mage/Tamer. No difference that I noted. Remember Quantity not Quality... has nothing to do with it being evil or a rabbit... just numbers of kills far as I could tell.
strange, the write up on it says they have to be followers of evil?

Players receive Humility points for killing evil aligned creatures while on the hunt.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am using my mage/sw/tamer and have found it a lot easier just running it without a pet. That negative resist deal makes a GD a crappy tank lol. Much easier to run around eq'ing with high sdi and not have to worry about healing drag.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamer here. Done by standing in a corner of a Malas orc fort while the pet greater dragon did all the work.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well, once i switched over to quantity over quality the gains flew.
Knighted it today.

kinda strange that they put down you need to do this on evil critters yet you dont to gain.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, once i switched over to quantity over quality the gains flew.
Knighted it today.

kinda strange that they put down you need to do this on evil critters yet you dont to gain.

. . . i've been thinking about attempting this virtue... i'm glad i read your posting here. . . . thank you for sharing. =-)

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Might wanna equip a virtue shield to speed things up.
They were not out when OP posted this in 2016.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How I did humility (on a caster and a tamer)

In both cases, I used the brigand camp west of Umbra along the road, that is full of elven brigands that cast weaving spells. In both cases it took 2 sessions of about 2 hours each (or less) to do it.

1. Caster: cast Stone form (mystic); other useful alternate forms from other spell skills and things like reactive armor & magic reflect. Invoke virtue. Recall or gate to near area, walk in.
  2. Tamer: Get cu or other 3-5 slot self-healer. (optional, disco the pet at this point, if a bard handy or tamer has disco, for training healing, and keep them in disco. Quickly inviding and immediately breaking the invis by moving typically will adequately end the pet aggroing on the bard, when simple commands are far less effective - and you can't invis after invoking the virtue). Invoke virtue. Recall or gate in nearby. Note that while healing's displayed value doesn't drop while the pet is discoed, it will gain above 110 while discoed (provided a 115 or 120 scroll applied), and won't gain if not discoed. Stay back, run consume as needed if the damage outpaces the pet's healing.

In my case, I was lucky to have friends nearby to chat with (either in person, as their houses were down the road), or through general chat (as our shard rarely hasPvP chatter). The similar camp south of Luna will also work.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I did mine at Underworld with slimes.
you can cast earthquake or chain lightning, gains quickly there

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did mine at Underworld with slimes.
you can cast earthquake or chain lightning, gains quickly there
I just took my Mystic Mage there to see how it would go. I went on top of the blocks in the far corner of the Acid Slug room, cast an RC and spammed EQs on the slugs. (For some reason, the Slimes didn't give me any Humility gains but the slugs did.) The RC sped up the killing and kept killing while I meditated. I had all three paths completed in 1 hour and 35 minutes. Now to figure out just what my mage is going to do with it. :)