• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Silver Tincture and Corgul

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since Corgul is a Repond,

Added the “Silver Tincture” to the Fellowship Shop, which will provide slayer bonus to Soulbound creatures. Using the effect makes a player vulnerable to reponds.

If I use the Tincture on my bow will Corguls melee/spells/area hit me harder?

What if I put it on my Repond Bow, does it do more damage?

Is Corgul still a Repond for this event?

I take my Archer/Bard to discord Corgul and run buffs for the group. He just stands next to Corgul shooting mana leech arrows to keep his mana up for the buffs. The group heals him as needed.

I pay attention to my tamer healing pets and players.

The Silver Tincture works great on Charybdis ans Scalis.

Thanks

Last edited:

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I also am curious about this. If you have a repond slayer weapon already, AND add the silver tincture, will you get more damage done that if it was just a repond slayer weapon?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It won't let you add it if it's already a slayer. The Devs are too afraid we'll rule the world or something.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From my experience, it's not worth it for most.

For Corgul, he has a slayer weakness and for a Melee/Archer/Thrower. the tincture is still subject to the Damage Modifier cap at 300%. So between EoO/Perfection and Repond on weapon/tali reaching that cap is easy without the tincture.
Same can be said for a caster, got a repond slayer book? Job done, no need for tincture.

For the likes of Scalis or Charbydis there is a benefit for some people as they don't have slayer vulnerabilities, but given you will be lucky to pull more than one of either of those bosses in that hour it's just not worth the time spent filling 2x Mythical soulbinders for one shot at a boss.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's just not worth the time spent filling 2x Mythical soulbinders for one shot at a boss.
Start Scalis when he is 30% HP and do WoDs. Fill 4 to 10 bottles.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Start Scalis when he is 30% HP and do WoDs. Fill 4 to 10 bottles.
Not my experience, you clearly have a trick up your sleeve. Even between 2-3 people at a single Scalis we fill about 1 and a half bottles between us upon his death. Would love to know the secret. Perhaps a bigger group gives more soul? I don't know, not something I can test.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have 6 to 10 players there. One of my toons fights and heals until it is at 30ish percent then he walks off the dock and I bring the WoD user. The one that fights longer gets 1 to 4 bottles, usually 1. The other always gets 4 to 10.

We shouted out # of bottles at first because I asked the others in chat. We found 1 to 4 is normal for top contributors. Then we stopped yelling out.

Also my archer bard just shoots for mana regen to discord and run songs at corgul. He gets more bottles than my other toon who fights the whole time.

The toons that get more do not get pack drops. So they are not top contributors.

Since you are in a small group you are in the top contributors list. I told the devs twice that the bottle drop seems backwards . But you give up a drop chance to get more bottles. So maybe intended to help the weaker templates.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We have 6 to 10 players there. One of my toons fights and heals until it is at 30ish percent then he walks off the dock and I bring the WoD user. The one that fights longer gets 1 to 4 bottles, usually 1. The other always gets 4 to 10.

We shouted out # of bottles at first because I asked the others in chat. We found 1 to 4 is normal for top contributors. Then we stopped yelling out.

Also my archer bard just shoots for mana regen to discord and run songs at corgul. He gets more bottles than my other toon who fights the whole time.

The toons that get more do not get pack drops. So they are not top contributors.

Since you are in a small group you are in the top contributors list. I told the devs twice that the bottle drop seems backwards . But you give up a drop chance to get more bottles. So maybe intended to help the weaker templates.
Wow! The system is clearly flawed. Most often I am there with my bard/healer friend. Safe to say I am easy doing 99.9% of the overall damage and only ever get 1x mythical bottle.

If you are getting 4-10 bottles filled from one fight, I feel ripped off!!!

Interested to hear others results to be honest.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is something really weird with the mythical soulbinders, it seems it's by account or maybe character, always the sames who gets 6 bottles, and the same with 1 bottle. No matter what damage or heal you did (talking in small group of 2-5)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With our group sizes 1 to 4 bottles per player that contributes the whole time is normal. We have gotten 1 Soul Forge but none of the deco recipes. Recipe drop rate is not going well for us.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did a Corgul. My main guy got 4 1/2 my bard got 3. Was a group of 11. doing another.

This time Main guy 1 bottle. Bard 5. Random 1 to 4... 11 players again.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Corgul Killers going again! Island is very full of that damn sand.

upload_2019-10-18_20-9-55.png