• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween costumes..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Do you still lose one arm slot by using a costume? Or that has changed? Also the wiki states (old info) that if you get damage while wearing a costume, the costume can get damaged and poof. Is that still true? Ty for info.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you hold a costume it does take a weapon slot, but will not get destroyed if you take damage.

However, you can purchase the Mystical Polymorph Totem from the UO store for 600 sov, feed it a costume (only one) and then it won't take up a slot. It will exist as a toggleable item in your pack.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you hold a costume it does take a weapon slot, but will not get destroyed if you take damage.

However, you can purchase the Mystical Polymorph Totem from the UO store for 600 sov, feed it a costume (only one) and then it won't take up a slot. It will exist as a toggleable item in your pack.
Ty for info.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Allen goes Fire.

View attachment 102692
View attachment 102693

Fun to use the Gore Fiend Costume here.

Get out and Play! @celticus
I wish I could get out and play. Right now I'm cleaning up house for my wifey mostly trying to get rid of accumulated junk through the years, like wires, old electronics and junk hoarded in my man-cave. At least now I can walk in there without tripping on old junk. Wifey put all that stuff in there for me to clean up/remove etc. Still a crapload to do. I find stuff in there that is priceless, even collector's junk. Like stuff from 20 years ago. Old vintage monitors, power cables, usb cables, serial cables, ancient modems, old fax machines, and gobs of electronics of all kinds. Got to keep wifey happy..Goodwill loves me..That's how I spend my vacation time, only 2 more weeks hope to have most of that cleaned up..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wish I was awake... but for some reason I'm exceeding tired today... can't seem to stay awake for more than an hour or so...

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you use the Mystical Polymorph Totem from the UO store on to a costume -
remember, its only for 1 costume.
You can not say Oo today I want a different costume and change it :(

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bound a wisp costume using the MPT and use it on a toon named A Wisp for fun. I can use the MPT costume with other toons so it is a plus it is not account / toon bound. You can also purchase more which would make EA love you so much for helping fund their soccer addiction.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome pics. Good team. Wouldn't it be interesting if costumes had some practical advantages though? Like incr. spell damage, incr. poison immunity, etc?
Actually, they do, it's just not obvious and is considered "outside the box". For example, with creatures that transform into you, such as Changelings like Renegade Changelings, Irk, Guile, Spite, or even Travesty, they usually gain some extra base resists from your armor when they transform into you. If you're wearing a creature Costume however when they transform into you, not only are you able to deny them those extra resists, but you can also make them vulnerable to Slayers, whichever Slayer the creature you're transformed into is vulnerable to.
For example, if i'm in my Stygian Dragon costume form and Irk transforms into me, he suddenly becomes vulnerable to Dragon Slayer (+200% Damage) and Reptile Slayer (+100% Damage). Necro Wraith Form also makes Changelings vulnerable to Undead Slayer.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Actually, they do, it's just not obvious and is considered "outside the box". For example, with creatures that transform into you, such as Changelings like Renegade Changelings, Irk, Guile, Spite, or even Travesty, they usually gain some extra base resists from your armor when they transform into you. If you're wearing a creature Costume however when they transform into you, not only are you able to deny them those extra resists, but you can also make them vulnerable to Slayers, whichever Slayer the creature you're transformed into is vulnerable to.
For example, if i'm in my Stygian Dragon costume form and Irk transforms into me, he suddenly becomes vulnerable to Dragon Slayer (+200% Damage) and Reptile Slayer (+100% Damage). Necro Wraith Form also makes Changelings vulnerable to Undead Slayer.
That is awesome..Ohh oohhh.. I hear the nerf-mobile in the horizon again...Wondering what it will hit next..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed Travesty turning into my Fire ele. Did not know it would also actually be one. Thanks

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My archer would love to be either the sabretooth tiger or centaur but I'm always in wraith form for the unlimited mana leech. Would i lose the wraith form benefits if I toggled to the costume token?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bound a wisp costume using the MPT and use it on a toon named A Wisp for fun. I can use the MPT costume with other toons so it is a plus it is not account / toon bound. You can also purchase more which would make EA love you so much for helping fund their soccer addiction.
Excellent info! So it's not character bound nor even account bound:) Looks like I'll be visiting the UO store after i decide which costume to pick. BTW what CC macro would you use to toggle the costume totem or do you just click it in your pack?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So to be totally clear...if you put a costume in the totem and go around fighting stuff, there is no risk of losing the costume from damage?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So to be totally clear...if you put a costume in the totem and go around fighting stuff, there is no risk of losing the costume from damage?
The totem is is your backpack. It has no durability therefore does not take damage.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
And it should come blessed or if not, able to be insured.

I havent purchased one so i am assuming it's blessed.....

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone fighting stuff wearing a costume.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And it should come blessed or if not, able to be insured.

I havent purchased one so i am assuming it's blessed.....
It's Blessed.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone fighting stuff wearing a costume.
My Disco/Tamer on Atlantic is usually in Stygian Drake form. When i use a non-ridable 5 slot pet like my Triton, Frost Mite, or Crimson/Platinum Drakes, i'll go into Stygian Drake form.