• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vote IDOC changes. @Kyronix, @Mesana

These are the changes I would like to see:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
History shows that, whatever this crew does, it will be ineffective, have no effect on or might even help the scripters, and will be totally overdone and overthought.

After sleeping on it, I'm not sure we want this team touching anything else...

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No they should just take it all away... when we have jack squat left in game we will all look to the scripter/cheater bots and thank them for taking everything away. None will learn until they do... Once the cheaters have ruined everything for the rest of us maybe then people will take note...

So lets find a way to stop all the cheaters before this happens.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The idea to remove the status from the house sign is seriously flawed if you think about the reason we don't have Blackthorns anymore is because of ONE person... one person who people saw on nearly every shard farming in the same room all day every day for ages not letting anyone else farm there. We all know who he is... and there he was on many shards all day every day...

Everyone knows the bots who come by checking house signs... they run past at all hours of the day and night checking each and every house on every shard... you think someone actually sits there and does that? NO... it's a bot. It's run on a rail program and reports all it's findings to the owner of the bots... this gets done on a massive scale on several shards... how? With a great number of accounts.

So if we remove the house sign notification all they have to do is adjust the program it runs the same way they don't really have to modify it much now it'll alert them to a fallen house instead. Do you have the ability to go running around every shard all day looking for a house that's fallen? Of course not... but this person does.

So what would that change? NOT a Dang thing... they will still be there johny on the spot to every IDOC snatching up things in a nanosecond because they will see it LONG before anyone else does.

Certainly, if they did a lotto they would have many accounts to add money to the pot... and they would have several chances... but if you remove all the EJ accounts they probably have a lot less than you think they do. And there are a lot of people who don't cheat who have a large number of accounts. I used to think I had a lot of accounts but I know a lot of people with far more than I do... and they have more money than I do to throw at lotteries and such...

If they made it an auction I know exactly who'd win everytime... the same ones who do most the IDOCs now... they have plenty of money from their shady activities to put towards winning any auction...

Which is why I said... just delete the stuff... do the knee jerk reaction of BS and just delete everything... end the whole debate and just put an end to IDOCs all together... that way no one gets anything and the only ones to blame are those cheating...eventually when everyone else gets fed up about the knee jerk reactions they might think twice before doing something that would cause the devs to just take it away.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The idea to remove the status from the house sign is seriously flawed if you think about the reason we don't have Blackthorns anymore is because of ONE person... one person who people saw on nearly every shard farming in the same room all day every day for ages not letting anyone else farm there. We all know who he is... and there he was on many shards all day every day...

Everyone knows the bots who come by checking house signs... they run past at all hours of the day and night checking each and every house on every shard... you think someone actually sits there and does that? NO... it's a bot. It's run on a rail program and reports all it's findings to the owner of the bots... this gets done on a massive scale on several shards... how? With a great number of accounts.

So if we remove the house sign notification all they have to do is adjust the program it runs the same way they don't really have to modify it much now it'll alert them to a fallen house instead. Do you have the ability to go running around every shard all day looking for a house that's fallen? Of course not... but this person does.

So what would that change? NOT a Dang thing... they will still be there johny on the spot to every IDOC snatching up things in a nanosecond because they will see it LONG before anyone else does.

Certainly, if they did a lotto they would have many accounts to add money to the pot... and they would have several chances... but if you remove all the EJ accounts they probably have a lot less than you think they do. And there are a lot of people who don't cheat who have a large number of accounts. I used to think I had a lot of accounts but I know a lot of people with far more than I do... and they have more money than I do to throw at lotteries and such...

If they made it an auction I know exactly who'd win everytime... the same ones who do most the IDOCs now... they have plenty of money from their shady activities to put towards winning any auction...

Which is why I said... just delete the stuff... do the knee jerk reaction of BS and just delete everything... end the whole debate and just put an end to IDOCs all together... that way no one gets anything and the only ones to blame are those cheating...eventually when everyone else gets fed up about the knee jerk reactions they might think twice before doing something that would cause the devs to just take it away.
Do a blind auction, not knowing what's inside. Sometimes you get crap. That's how the "black market" system on WoW works. It removes gold from the game, and sometimes you get decent stuff. Put an npc with idoc listing on it and scale starting bids to house size.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do a blind auction, not knowing what's inside. Sometimes you get crap. That's how the "black market" system on WoW works. It removes gold from the game, and sometimes you get decent stuff. Put an npc with idoc listing on it and scale starting bids to house size.
Auctions only serve the rich... lotteries are far more fair to all... though often serve those with more accounts...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You sir are missing out on good deals than. I check auction safes all the time, sometimes you can get amazing items way below value.
By the way Malag is not a Sir, She is is very nice lady, that we all here love and appreciate very much..

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again I know this is a game but let's compare some of the suggestions to real life. Also I'm not talking about auctioning, lottery or raffling single items I'm talking all the items and house go to a single winner.

Auction: You bidding against others and the highest bidder wins.

Lottery: You and others buying as many ticket with number combos as you want to hopefully match to the winning numbers drawn. In lotteries there isn't always a winner and move to the next drawing date.

Raffle: You and others buying as many tickets as you want and at the end 1 ticket gets drawn and there's a winner every time.

So in all 3 examples above it doesn't matter how many accounts one has. The raffle idea is fun because even someone that doesn't have a lot of gold can win where they wouldn't have a chance in an auction.

Like I said early in this thread IMO do a raffle or delete it all.

Have a nice day!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry, this might be the stupidest thing I have ever read. Please explain some of the intricacies of standing around and picking stuff up. I would be delighted to hear them.

I maintain that there probably aren't more than 10 people in the world who understand picking their nose better than I do. Change my mind!
the intricacies are not necessarily about standing around and picking up stuff, although stuff that was on the upper levels of the former house can be tricky to pick up sometimes - you have to know how to position yourself to be able to pick them up.
What he is most likely talking about is knowing how to figure out when a house falls and narrowing it down to small drop windows so you don't have to stand there and wait for 15 hours. Time and time again I see people who say stuff like "noone has time to sit at an idoc for 5-15 hours waiting for it to fall". This clearly shows that those people have no clue what they're talking about. They don't know that you can actually figure out the time it will fall and narrow it down to a 20 minute window (or 3 rather, at the 5, 10 or 15 hour mark). You don't have to script to do that either by the way, although I know that people are scripting this to get more accurate windows.
The next tricky thing can be the house placement. Not many people know the game mechanics involved that decide when you can place again after the house fell or not.

These are just two examples where the inexperienced player will be struggeling. I am sure there are more. It is a learning curve.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have watched the video's of the guys in Fel multiboxing with several wraith's and such 1 slam killing people as they multitarget them with AI Yes??? And how would this be ok??? Oh wait... that was supposedly YOU doing that... Of course you want fel idocs to stay...
multiboxers are only hard to fight when you're by yourself. Have a team mate there with the right template and they drop like flies because they struggle keeping their bots alive when they take damage. These days you could even page on them and hope for a GM to show up since the devs clearly said that multiboxing is now considered illegal (it used to be tolerated until not too long ago).

john doe

Visitor
bro there bots auto heal autp kill and do ever thing a real player does. u can 4v4 him and if u dont cheat u will die, the cheater all was wins

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
bro there bots auto heal autp kill and do ever thing a real player does. u can 4v4 him and if u dont cheat u will die, the cheater all was wins
Exactly... They autobot the healing as well... imagine 4 on 4 healing where they auto do it no room for human error they detect one is getting hit and all heal on it... very hard to take down especially when they are auto targetting on your and all hitting you at once... even if you 4 v 4 them they all hit one target wham and you are done I don't care if you are all healing it takes a human a bit to go... Oh that's the one they are targetting and put a heal on by the time a human does that the person is toast... when you all target an autobot chances are they will heal up before you all hit... and you'll be hard pressed to kill them. Meanwhile you and your friends are picked off like flies.

As for paging a GM lucky if you get a response in a week let alone in time to have one actually see something happening.

Oh and I should add I've paged a GM dozens of times on certain multiboxers at EM Events and *gasps and feigns shock*... They are still doing it.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly... They autobot the healing as well... imagine 4 on 4 healing where they auto do it no room for human error they detect one is getting hit and all heal on it... very hard to take down especially when they are auto targetting on your and all hitting you at once... even if you 4 v 4 them they all hit one target wham and you are done I don't care if you are all healing it takes a human a bit to go... Oh that's the one they are targetting and put a heal on by the time a human does that the person is toast... when you all target an autobot chances are they will heal up before you all hit... and you'll be hard pressed to kill them. Meanwhile you and your friends are picked off like flies.

As for paging a GM lucky if you get a response in a week let alone in time to have one actually see something happening.

Oh and I should add I've paged a GM dozens of times on certain multiboxers at EM Events and *gasps and feigns shock*... They are still doing it.
Again maam u are not a pvper, id love to see that army against me and two other decent mages, we’d dirtnap the whole crew in under 2 mins. Easily defeated if you have any clue what u are doing. So yes cancel all idocs, only allow fel ones, and everyone can gang up on those bots and defeat the idocperson and his king crew. Send him out into the real world for a change :).

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man all those misspelled words, u hiding ur true identity now spreading fake news idocperson?? Lol.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if Mariah will lock this thread too, but only after adding her typical final personal comment on the matter ? You know, because well, that builds community.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if Mariah will lock this thread too, but only after adding her typical final personal comment on the matter ? You know, because well, that builds community.
Im glad they closed it so u could stop pushing ur agenda. Never said you were the idocperson, he’d starve if it switches to ur way. I just know the person who created all those videos naming every idocer out there besides him, would benefit greatly with his coding buddies if they took the house sign name off, and that we cant tolerate! Cancel all idocs cept fel ones. Problem solved!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im glad they closed it so u could stop pushing ur agenda. Never said you were the idocperson, he’d starve if it switches to ur way. I just know the person who created all those videos naming every idocer out there besides him, would benefit greatly with his coding buddies if they took the house sign name off, and that we cant tolerate! Cancel all idocs cept fel ones. Problem solved!
I don't have an agenda dude, I couldn't give 2 craps about Idocs, I"m just opinionated.

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the intricacies are not necessarily about standing around and picking up stuff, although stuff that was on the upper levels of the former house can be tricky to pick up sometimes - you have to know how to position yourself to be able to pick them up.
What he is most likely talking about is knowing how to figure out when a house falls and narrowing it down to small drop windows so you don't have to stand there and wait for 15 hours. Time and time again I see people who say stuff like "noone has time to sit at an idoc for 5-15 hours waiting for it to fall". This clearly shows that those people have no clue what they're talking about. They don't know that you can actually figure out the time it will fall and narrow it down to a 20 minute window (or 3 rather, at the 5, 10 or 15 hour mark). You don't have to script to do that either by the way, although I know that people are scripting this to get more accurate windows.
The next tricky thing can be the house placement. Not many people know the game mechanics involved that decide when you can place again after the house fell or not.

These are just two examples where the inexperienced player will be struggeling. I am sure there are more. It is a learning curve.
Exactly. Lots of intricacies about house placement, resizing, fall time, stages, etc.

I suppose house placement and resizing has become less critical in 2019 than it was in the past, since there are so many open spots and it's less a competition to place a house, but there are so many things with house placing that not everyone knows or understands fully. But yes there are also tricks to looting certain items from a top floor, etc.

I maintain what I said on the first page of this thread. The whole house "timer" thing benefits scripters more than anyone. It would help the casual gamer if they made the "fall time" easier to track. Go back to 7h, leave 5/10/15 i don't care - but add this change. When house is within 1 hour of fall time, turn the house sign RED as warning. Maybe even turn GREEN when within 15mins. Allows casual gamers a better way to track idocs without wasting hours and hours waiting for no reason.

I've not seen this in-person, but I promise you that any auto-bots in pvo wouldn't stand a chance against established pvp'ers. Maybe in a middle of nowhere fel idoc, if it's only you or a couple of people and those auto bots show up stealthing and catch you off guard they're hard to deal with. But when we're talking about big fel pvp fights over idocs - auto bots don't stand a chance, very easy to counter.

Not that I disagree - but posting on stratics complaining about threads being locked is rather ironic

I don't have an agenda dude, I couldn't give 2 craps about Idocs, I"m just opinionated.
This is a recurring problem. A lot of the more opinionated people on the topic are some who don't do idocs often enough or don't fully grasp the overall system.

Doesn't mean you can't have ideas and opinions - but when flaws are pointed out about your opinions and ideas you shouldn't get so defensive about them. Case in point - removing decay stage from house sign is one of the absolute worst ideas for previous reasons mentioned.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I post my thoughts over there, I risk getting banned,that I do give a crap about.
Plus, Stratics is one of the best (actually probably the best) forums around, functionality wise. Official forums look and act like an alpha of a high school programming project cobbled together a week before it's due by some teenager in a basement. It's missing basic functionality (such as being able to tell what page you are on) and there seems to be zero support/bug fixing.
So, yeah, even though those are official forums, it's difficult to drive a Yugo, when there is a Cadillac available.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey everyone,

This thread has been cleaned up a bit to remove accusations. Talking about cheating and how to stop it is fine, but please don't accuse others of being the cheaters doing it going forward. Warnings will be sent for future accusations.

Thanks.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mariah can shove it where the sun don't shine. Does thread violate community rules? No. Does Mariah agree with topic? No. Time to lock the thread. I can't stand the moderators there.

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Do away with idocs.
Make house condition only visible to owner only.
Upon falling nothing left but empty plot without warning.
Souls stones revert to one of their characters bank boxes.

All other stuff is sent to the bottom of the High seas and can be fished up in SOS loot, Snagged with ancient White nets as loot, or dredge hooks,
and a 120 fisherman has a random chance to fish something good up just normal fishing in deep water.
Time to get rid of shoes and sandals...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if the devs wont do their job and stop the cheating, i would rather see idoc loot just disappear. this wont happen because many are making enough money to have their 5, 10 or more accounts paid for from idoc loot. at any good idoc there will be many groups of 5 chars, auto hitting nearest barrel, while using their event hide cheat. the lag can also be very bad due to these activities. only thing i can see helping beside devs doing their jobs is, get rid of follow command. make people actually control their chars if using more than one account. im sure the scripts/programs will out preform anything the devs try. sometimes i feel the devs have given up.
the main thing i care about any game i play is it to be fair, no cheating, nothing else really matters.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Shard bound everything to make it fair retro shard bound all rare if it came from napa it end up on a osi ran museum on napa. Lottery tickets for the house plot with a buyin equal to size and location

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, thread necro from 3 years ago! I like @Arcanis idea of adding IDOC loot to treasure chests and fishing, although that would probably be difficult considering the game would then have to keep track of every single IDOC item forever. It would quickly become a lot of junk too, since 99% of IDOC items are just worthless deco and resources.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No one will ever be happy with the IDOC process, no matter what changes are made. I think it would be a waste of time and resources for the developers to spend any more time trying to address this topic.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
about everything going in storage when house falls, it can sound good but it would be endless storage for some people. can just fill up houses, castle or what ever and have them go into storage. just open account when you need to. they can just open other accounts and do same thing. if it can be exploited it will be. the devs probably know this. now soulstones only would be good idea.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so when are we going to get off idoc crying and start crying about the EM drop items from other shards being x sharded to Atlantic to be sold for more gold than their home shard ?
I see house after house with 15-20 EM drops on auction safes all over selling from 200 mil to 3 plat. This is a blight on the economy & all EM drops need to be Shard bound.
There also need to be a set limit on Fable Nets You can do per day. To many items are being fished up. The Leviathan and Scalis' Population is dropping and they need to be protected!!

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Captn Norrington
Better than 100% crap shoes.
I read on here somewhere where someone mentioned adding a goat on a boat statue that eats the shoes..lol...i like that

Could also spawn idoc loot in the brit sewers but need a tool to find it.

Create a Mop & Bucket tool to use down there " You begin to clean the muck........but you find nothing."
to make it interesting there is a chance to get deadly poisoned on finding nothing.

also you could have all the loot found down there to be spawned with tags like "rescued from the sewers"
any loot found there is no longer equipable or of use besides deco and is a new kind of turn in point thing to a vendor.
Have the items retain their original throwaway point values but upgrade more stuff to buy in the cleanup vendor.

Gives a new meaning to clean up points.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see house after house with 15-20 EM drops on auction safes all over selling from 200 mil to 3 plat. This is a blight on the economy & all EM drops need to be Shard bound.
The reason you see all of them on atl is because that's the main trade hub and most about 95% came from events and not idocs. The avg player might have one em item or two but not the numbers on the safe. Most of the new em items I call them New gen because there is no set number on how many there are so we could have 20 people getting it or 60 people getting it. The market on them all depends on Look and name. but then there are some old ones that are both bad looks and names not getting what they should. The rares market right now has to many sellers and not as many buyers. if you make them shard bound then the events will only have a handful of people at them.

They did the barrels to cut down on the scripters and give reg players a chance at items. they had scripts that auto looted the house secs before it would fall. now they have a script for the barrels as well but since we don't know what barrel has the good items unless there is one that says it they need to bring more accounts to the idoc to get a chance at getting anything good. You can see the scripters when you see 5 toons running and hitting the same barrels.

I was just at one idoc there was nothing in there and there script went off. I opened the barrel for them and watched them run to the spot they all go then auto hide.

And this topic was necroed from a few years ago. Mesanna said the next changed to idocs would be delete them all after this changed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as a former dedicated idocer that worked with a team, here's my 2c...

IDOCs were fun and now they are not fun.

ty
Watching all the items get sucked by 5 gargoyles in 2 seconds was fun?

Now everyone has a chance to get items.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Watching all the items get sucked by 5 gargoyles in 2 seconds was fun?

Now everyone has a chance to get items.
EC Vacuum - fast, legal, available to everyone.

If someone had trouble looting and they invested some time into research they would have come to the same conclusion as I did. Looting items in EC was fast enough to make u question whether cheating is worth it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EC Vacuum - fast, legal, available to everyone.

If someone had trouble looting and they invested some time into research they would have come to the same conclusion as I did. Looting items in EC was fast enough to make u question whether cheating is worth it.
So you were vacuuming up stuff and now that IDOCs are fair for everyone you do not like the changes. Because others are getting what you used to get.

*makes note of the other vacuumers who liked your post*

@Danpal Make an appeal , your were exactly correct.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks,

There is absolutely no need to insult each other and post accusations over previous generation's IDOC rules. Please refrain from insults, accusations and muck-raking.

Given that this thread was resurrected after three years and has immediately ended up in them moderator queue several times in four days, I think we're going to let this one fall to the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.