• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pet training advice

Nash

Sage
so im training at pet it is currently at level three i maxed it out to go to level four but i still have 200 points left over and dont want to put them into something i cannot max out can i just level it and use these points later or if i dont use them now do i lose them

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so im training at pet it is currently at level three i maxed it out to go to level four but i still have 200 points left over and dont want to put them into something i cannot max out can i just level it and use these points later or if i dont use them now do i lose them
You can not save points for the next round. Find the next stat you plan to max and give it a head start.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Nash I strongly recommend visiting the tamer forum here on stratics. It has a wealth of information that I think you will find helpful. Also Home | uo-cah.com is a tremendous source of information as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you think you've given enough information for somebody to help you. There is a 99% chance that this pet is ruined anyway. Release the pet somewhere safe so it can live it's pathetic life in peace. Go to The Taming forum , read some posts about the pet that you want to train, tame a new one then add the points with knowledge.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Pawain said :) We have covered training just about every pet on the tamer forum in just about every crazy build you can think of. And there are links to other taming resources as a bonus. I have to agree with Pawain if you have 200 points left that you don't know what to do with at the end of a training round the pet is probably in trouble. But to answer the basic question YOU HAVE to use those points in order to advance to the next training round. Unless you want to hit the red button dump the points and call the training finished...... which is a bad move unless you have one of the very few pets that can be maxed out and fully 120 scrolled and still have points left over at the end of training. Top of the line at or near fresh tame stats Tigers come to mind, I have one that had 110 points left over after everything was maxed and 120 scrolled and was very happy to finally be able to red button dump those points away. But you have no choice but to use those points or dump them and finish training as that point. Also at round 3 there are still plenty of places to spend those points on every pet and there would be no benefit in saving them until the next round anyway.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i went to the stable one day on a shard i linger around on when not on my home shard and i saw a couple pets that had been released just past the town line where the stable sits, i went out to have a look, you never know what people release.
i was surprised to see all 3 of them where fully leveled up to 5 slot, fully trained in skills to max AND scrolled out!
now granted, they where not 120'd but a nice mix of 115 and 110.
i had a good look and could see they where probably first attempt pets, some stuff was not ideal and such.
but hey, good enough for me!
tamed them up, bonded and have been working to make me gold ever since!