• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

With an Archer Warrior

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Far as I know I still use mine all the time.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Less than historically because of the Lose A Swing that Bleak afflicted us with, but still viable.
Bleak, I do NOT forgive you.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ABC is still the most viable template for PvM Archers currently.
Although, Tamer/Archers do pretty well too, especially with the synergy that some pets add, such as Rune Corruption or Conductive Blast (if using a 100% Energy bow). Repeating Crossbows work best with this, due to Double Strike. A 100% Energy Damage Repeating Crossbow spamming DS and a Disco+CB Triton together can deliver a lot of damage. The HLD from the Tamer/Archer's attacks also help the pet land more hits as well.

Last edited:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does ABC stands for Archery, bushido, chiv?

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the right gear, you can build that on a tamer as well.

Hunters head dress, the quiver that gives +5 archery,

Tactics at 60, archery 90, bush 50, taming and lore 85(115 with jewels) 80 chiv.
Thats 450. Can have 90 anat and healing for
630, then 90 vet for 720.

Allows speqcials, lightning strike and confidence, chiv EOO, pet rez and full control.

Decent equipment possible for about 60 mil on atl or alot of farming.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... taming and lore 85(115 with jewels) ....
Is it realy worth to keep it below 90 and dosnt gain mastery bonus?

Your template looks like Archer main (But oly with 90 archery !!! )main and Tamer for tanking with pet.

ABC archer dose nice damage itself in 35 SSI 211+stamina gear with HML overcaped Composit Bow & there is very low chance to add 270 skill to do a Archer-tamer and keep 35 SSI and 211+stam.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is it realy worth to keep it below 90 and dosnt gain mastery bonus?

Your template looks like Archer main (But oly with 90 archery !!! )main and Tamer for tanking with pet.

ABC archer dose nice damage itself in 35 SSI 211+stamina gear with HML overcaped Composit Bow & there is very low chance to add 270 skill to do a Archer-tamer and keep 35 SSI and 211+stam.

Yeah, your pet in this case is another damage source.

Your not using the mastery to heal it

Allows speqcials, lightning strike and confidence, chiv EOO, pet rez and full control.

The build is just craming in as much as possible. A pet can hit for 75-90 on average
With huge spikes if built right. Same with abc archers. So it would be more gear intensive, but you coukd doubke your damage output.

So tell me if its worth it or not?

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So an ABC no longer has any impact on pvp? :wall:
Archer were nerfed in few steps:
- AI downed to 30 from 35
-Moving shoot is bit more lowered in damage and all damage is Physical.

But still exist Archer templates what are nice in PvP (mass and 1/1), but im not sure about ABC Archer- especialy Bush and Chiv in PvP.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The build is just craming in as much as possible. A pet can hit for 75-90 on average
With huge spikes if built right. Same with abc archers. So it would be more gear intensive, but you coukd doubke your damage output.

I belive dosnt wort it.
Archery can be used for landing permanetly HLD + HLA and this will help the nice pet to doo mor damage under the mastery.
BUT i belive Disco-Tamer is more profitable template to debuff the target.

Also there is some place - Roof, where still exist one bug what a VERY important to Tamers - if you damage the boss with pet ONLY then boss dosnt produce spawn and tamers can doo roof rather comfortable.
Soo Archer tamer on the roof is not a good idea.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
one bug what a VERY important to Tamers - if you damage the boss with pet ONLY then boss dosnt produce spawn and tamers can doo roof rather comfortable
This is fixed. Pet damage can also produce spawn now. But first target is the damage issuer. So the pet.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Lightning Strike sucks ass since they doubled it's Mana cost awhile back, from 5 to 10. Even at 120 Bush, it's only a 20% chance to get a LS Crit and ignore all resists. On average you'd spend 25 Mana per Crit with 55% LMC, when instead you could spend 12 Mana per guaranteed AI, 24 if chained.

Like i said, Archer/Tamer with a Disco+CB Triton and 100% Energy Repeating Crossbows does great with Double Strike spam. It all synergizes well together. The Triton is a tanky, self healing pet that can debuff the foe with Disco+CB, which improves both it's own damage output as well as the Archer's, and the Archer can apply HLD (or even HLA if it's on the bow) to improve his and the Triton's damage output. Between Disco+CB, most mobs are reduced to low enough Energy Resist to where Double Strike with the Repeater does more damage than AI with a Composite. Everyone else deals more damage to the same foe too, especially if they're using Energy damage.
The biggest pain about this build, is getting all the 100% Energy Repeating Crossbows for different Slayers, or getting the Cameo set for it. Not to mention being on foot most of the time, although you can use a Disco+CB Cu Sidhe, but they're not as effective as the Triton.

Last edited: