• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] colored guardian spawn

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys whats with the red or orange colored Guardian spawn after digging up a chest? Then you get a message you cant bla bla bla the Soul or something like that?:please:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Treasures of the Sea (Forsaken Foes Event)
Creatures have become Soulbound! Use a soulbinder to capture souls and redeem them for rewards from the Fellowship!

• Ethereal Soulbinders are craftable via glassblowing
    • 20 Sand
    • 5 Ethereal Sand
  • Ethereal Sand can be collected from Corgul the Soulbinder upon his death
  • Limited quantities of Ethereal Sand can be purchased from the Mining Cooperative in Minoc
  • Quantities are limited by account
  • The Mining Cooperative vendor will restock anytime Corgul is defeated
  • All Rising Tide creatures, including Corgul, Scalis, and Charybdis can have their souls bound into ethereal soulbinders.
  • Non-tameable creatures spawned as treasure guardians from treasure chests will also be “Soulbound”
  • Soulbound creatures will be identified via an orange hue and the “Soulbound” item property.
  • Ethereal Soulbinders must be in the top level of your backpack to function

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are soulbound now for the Foresaken Foes event. You have to have an Ethereal Soulbinder in the top level of your pack to collect the souls. It has been my experience that the souls from the chest guardians are not worth fooling with. I have done a dozen chests with this soulbinder on me and it is still at the next to lowest level of fill. That said, I still collect them..............why not?

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the Reply guys! It seems impossible to get ethereal sand i take. Especially if you are on the wrong shar where scallis or such ist not defeated that often?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The 5k you can buy is a lot. Getting normal sand is usually the problem.
If no resource loss you can make 1k bottles with the 5k and at 50% loss you will still be able to make 500 bottles which will let you buy all the rewards in large quantity.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've done about 10 stash/supply, 5-6 cache, 4 hoard and 1 trove, and gotten 1 soulbinder to legendary.

This is compared to a net tossing event I hosted on my shard last weekend, and got at least 1 full soulbinder filled from empty with each Scalis, and in one case 3 filled up at once (possibly from my being dead the previous scalis and missing out)

Innoxicated

Journeyman
attending Ma Nerva's net toss on atlantic last week, one scalis gave my archer *5* filled to mythical, with most giving 2-3 and a couple yielding only 1. However last night and earlier today I got around 8 filled between the two.

I know you don't need high seas to help kill a scalis, but for practicality sake assume that those who filled the soulbinders that way do have high seas... And if including tmap chest guardians was planned as an alternative for those without the expansion, it seems pretty safe to say it was only included as an afterthought.