• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking of returning to Siege. 2 questions

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,
I haven't played UO for over a decade, but nostalgia is making me tempted to give Siege an occasional run.

The 2 questions I have:

1- Is the player base big enough to support "Player Killer" activity? PK, as in roaming around and killing people doing various things. Or is the population too scarce and PVP take place as duels or arranged fights?

2- Since the game has been going for so long, I would suspect gold has no more value? I'm looking for a quick and efficient way to ramp up to a complete build as fast as possible. How can I fast track this?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are people, but the many landmasses have them spread out. Fights happen both spontaneously and can be arranged. To fast track the training you can use alacrity scrolls and scrolls of Transcendence. The alacrity allows you to gain more than .1 at a time at higher levels. and the transcendence adds the level of skill on it's face value to the skill. ie a .8 stealing scroll automatically adds 0.8 to stealing. Gold on siege holds a better value than prodo. other than that, come give it a try and see if you like it. try endless journey before you sub to get a feel of whether you want to try it for real.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PKing takes a lot more effort these days than back when you last played. That being said you can still find people to kill.
PvP exists but also nowhere near as much as you're used to from back then. Initially your main problem will be to figure out how to keep your equipment on the cheap side while still reaching the most important caps so you can afford losing your gear. Feel free to contact me for advice on templates and gear questions.

Also you might want to join the public Siege Perilous discord server to get in touch with other players: Public Siege Perilous Discord Server

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply guys, I think I might give uooutlands a chance then. I heard the population was decent.

And yep... where's Gara anyways?! ;-)

Hello all,
I haven't played UO for over a decade, but nostalgia is making me tempted to give Siege an occasional run.

The 2 questions I have:

1- Is the player base big enough to support "Player Killer" activity? PK, as in roaming around and killing people doing various things. Or is the population too scarce and PVP take place as duels or arranged fights?

2- Since the game has been going for so long, I would suspect gold has no more value? I'm looking for a quick and efficient way to ramp up to a complete build as fast as possible. How can I fast track this?

1. theres way more people playing siege then you would think. You have to find them is the trick. 2. join the public siege disco max has taken the time to put upa bunch of templets and easy ways to get going on siege.
Join the Ultima Online Siege Perilous Discord Server! 3. come play its the best server nothing like looting someones 16lrc sleeves