• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOASSIST getting into a download LOOP and never starting ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of today (yesterday it worked ok...), when I launch UOAssist to start Ultima Online, UOAssist gets into downloading an update but then gets into a loop....

After the download I click the continue button and then it starts downloading again, I click the continue button and it starts downloading the patch again and over and over.

I cannot interrupt the UOAssist patching process to then use UOAssist with UO and, in order to play UO, I have to play the client without UOAssist....

Anyone else having this issue ?

Any suggestion of how I can interrupt the UOAssist patching process to to at least be able to use UOAssist with UO ?

Also, a side effect of that is that UOAutomap, without UOAssist, does not seem to track my character... so, I cannot use UOAutomap without having UOAssist running....

Thanks !

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
actually, you can use automap without uoassist - instructions on how to do so are in the thread where you download it

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually, you can use automap without uoassist - instructions on how to do so are in the thread where you download it
Thanks, I looked that up and eventually got it to work...

Anyone else having the same issues with UOAssist ?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you have a quick link to the post that explains it so I can get rid of UOA

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the problem, and don't have it.
Meaning, I don't always play UO on the same computer.

At home (I'm Belgian), there are no problems (at least not yet). I use a desktop computer there.

Every three weeks, I travel to Germany for a weekend. Last time I was there, end December, the problem occurred a few times. So, I played UO without the Assist.
This weekend, I was in Germany again. On Friday and Saturday, all was fine. Then this morning Sunday, the problem returned.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
funny, i now have this happening to my one computer.
its just looping the loading screen, does the download successfully then you hit continue, it reloads and does it again.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
anyone have Tug's email??

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Strange ... I get the update screen ... no download ... can get to UO and login just fine. Am I missing an update or something?

ie., everything is working normally for me.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was having this problem this morning also. I had to un-install and then re-install UO Assist to get rid of it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
funny, i now have this happening to my one computer.
its just looping the loading screen, does the download successfully then you hit continue, it reloads and does it again.
That's exactly what has been happening to me....

Stoopboy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As of today (yesterday it worked ok...), when I launch UOAssist to start Ultima Online, UOAssist gets into downloading an update but then gets into a loop....

After the download I click the continue button and then it starts downloading again, I click the continue button and it starts downloading the patch again and over and over.

I cannot interrupt the UOAssist patching process to then use UOAssist with UO and, in order to play UO, I have to play the client without UOAssist....

Anyone else having this issue ?

Any suggestion of how I can interrupt the UOAssist patching process to to at least be able to use UOAssist with UO ?

Also, a side effect of that is that UOAutomap, without UOAssist, does not seem to track my character... so, I cannot use UOAutomap without having UOAssist running....

Thanks !
Can you help me find 8 books for the Quest called A Visit to Castle Blackthorn - its the Heckles Notes thank you

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uninstall - and reinstall, it should fix it... was same problems while ago - and that was the fix. (settings will be kept)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uninstall - and reinstall, it should fix it... was same problems while ago - and that was the fix. (settings will be kept)
I tried it, unfortunately my Antivurus did not like it and now UOAssist won't patch at all and neither start... have to use UO without it...

Anyone knows how to make sure that UOAssist has gotten totally uninstalled ?

I checked in Control Panel and it does not show up but then, in the download folder UOAssist is there and I cannot delete it, it keeps asking me that I need administrator privileges to delete that file which is weird, considering that the Computer has no other user... how can one delete a file with Administrator privileges ?
Right clicking on the file does not offer an option to delete it as Administrator....

Thanks.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA never worked for me. When I tried it, it wouldnt work... then the guy connected was super rude to me, demanding I pay for a product that didnt work... so I just went without all these years.

So, the fact it works for anyone is amazing to me. :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UOA never worked for me. When I tried it, it wouldnt work... then the guy connected was super rude to me, demanding I pay for a product that didnt work... so I just went without all these years.

So, the fact it works for anyone is amazing to me. :)
UOA is not freeware and never has been. It is crippled in several functions until you pay a one-time registration fee of $15 or so. That may be why you were brushed off. However, I've not known Tug to get ... shall we say ... snippy. <shrug>

And let me tell you that it IS a one-time fee. I originally registered UOA when looping in it was allowed (1999 or so?). Since then I have taken 2 vacations totalling 8 years. Both returns, I simply entered the seed on the site and it got unlocked.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
UOA is not freeware and never has been. It is crippled in several functions until you pay a one-time registration fee of $15 or so. That may be why you were brushed off. However, I've not known Tug to get ... shall we say ... snippy. <shrug>

And let me tell you that it IS a one-time fee. I originally registered UOA when looping in it was allowed (1999 or so?). Since then I have taken 2 vacations totalling 8 years. Both returns, I simply entered the seed on the site and it got unlocked.
Same, I registered mine in like 1998, never had an issue recovering my unlock key.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone has a bad day. Trouble is, when UO staff allows someone to supply 3rd party software and no one stands behind that contract to insure honest business? People go to the script sites, that are free... and bannable. 15$ one time or not, he proved he refuses to stand behind a product so its not worth 15 cents to me. I was really nice. Totally confused someone would be so rude to me, as a new player... outside the murderers hanging around WBB, but its not like I suffered any for playing without it all these years. I honestly WISH it wasnt so!!!!! Its not like I stopped playing under a year after starting... like so many others. :cool:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried it, unfortunately my Antivurus did not like it and now UOAssist won't patch at all and neither start... have to use UO without it...

Anyone knows how to make sure that UOAssist has gotten totally uninstalled ?

I checked in Control Panel and it does not show up but then, in the download folder UOAssist is there and I cannot delete it, it keeps asking me that I need administrator privileges to delete that file which is weird, considering that the Computer has no other user... how can one delete a file with Administrator privileges ?
Right clicking on the file does not offer an option to delete it as Administrator....

Thanks.
You have to go into antivirus control panel and accept it. You sure you downloaded it from tugsoft. com?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems I had a mess with the registry, had to first fix that and then it worked through authorizing it from the antivirus...

Luckily, I now have gotten it back to working...

Thanks for the tips and help !

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA usually freaks out when there is a new patch for UO espically if its still on Test. Once it hits all shards UOa should level out as usual.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've experienced this. Typically when this happens I either start UO (without UOa) or just don't play and usually within a day or 2 (whenever I try to play again) it's resolved. I will typically restart my computer too but I'm not sure if this actually impacts anything.