• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looting junk..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When Scalis or Corgul go down, I get a LUMP of junk, there are probably some decent items buried in there also, several people looting same time. I use CC client. How do people pick the decent stuff from there? Is EC client better? Is there a "grab" function in EC? or use the GRID function so you can quicly screen the items? Any help appreciated. So far all the stuff I got from these are trash points..:sad2:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can auto loot by type (and hue) in the standard EC. (Target nearest object, vaccuum and restock agent activated).

In pincos, you can use the finders keep and the items with the keywords you enter will be shown first. In another client I saw on youtube, you see legendary items highlighted.

Also you can loot faster in both clients with a hotkey for "drop what you are currently holding" if you pick an item up.

In the EC, you dont have to drag the item even, you just right mouse click any item in the corpse and it goes into your bag, it is very fast.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The EC client, if you choose the grid container, will show you every item, no need to move anything around to get to the bottom stuff.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco’s looting ftw. Color coded items immediately identify top tier loot. Grid pack allows seeing everything w/o touching a thing.

Should b standard in UO but 3rd PP’s win every time in looting esp in PvP.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've told the DEVs over and over that the caps on things need not be a "secret" and should actually be ON the items ... any other game will do this... You don't need 100 charts telling you what the caps are and all that crap and you shouldn't... it should be readily available to EVERYONE... and no "hidden" properties either.

Also, the resist totals should be on them and so should the imbuing weight... but that's me and that is one of the main reasons I use the EC with Pinco's UI.

If I had to go back to using the CC I'd quit... I'm not going back to having no clue what is "decent" or not... I don't want to have to memorize every stinking property and its cap and value. No way. I see all sorts of amazing items people leave on the corpse and I'm thinking it's probably because they have the CC and no clue what they are even looking at.

I recently wrote this up for someone about the differences between the CC, EC Vanilla and Pinco's UI:

First let's take a look at Taming improvements in the EC vs CC...

EC:
upload_2019-9-29_15-50-41.png

Clearly I can see the difference between Trilla's Drake and Ariels Dragon... and the Lore tells me everything I want to know even calculating Khyro's calculations of pet rating system for me... No going to a separate website and putting all the numbers in taking 5 min to get what Pinco's gives me instantly... Why would I go back to CC for that when this is clearly 100X better and easier. And all on ONE page vs the 6+ you get in the CC.

Vanilla/Default UI UO:

upload_2019-9-29_15-51-22.png

Can’t really tell anything just like the CC… several pages of clicking and would have to go to the website to calculate the pet. Not good. Now I’m no computer wiz or anything like that I can’t put this in myself or build my own UI… I can barely figure out how to keep my computer running and stuff… I took intro to computer programming in high school some 30+ years ago… and I can safely say I don’t remember squat… and it’s 100% different now so … pretty much stuck with Vanilla UO or Pinco’s UI.

upload_2019-9-29_15-52-18.png

CC I see very little of the lore of the pet... I'd have to take all that information here Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com Put that all in and then calculate it... taking loads of time... and the diffence in size between a full Dragon and a Drake here is very slight... someone not paying attention could easily be fooled...

Then we'll talk about "loot" or items for a second... and while we are at it our paperdoll information...
We'll just look at Trilla and her Bokuto for a second in the EC with Pinco's UI:

upload_2019-9-29_15-53-30.png

I can clearly see right away that some of her armor is getting worn and is starting to be in need of repair... it's yellow... the Mempo is red indicating it's getting low and needs fixed real soon... but the Bokuto shows me all the caps... which also lets me see the Luck is over capped... I don't have to memorize what the caps are nor do I have to refer to some obscure website to see what they are it's all clearly spelled out for me and I can see by the color it's green that if I unraveled this with my imbuer I'd get the green essence... not Relic Frag worthy or it would be blue... and better than the low red... It tells me everything I need to know about this item in one spot. Same happens on loot when you look at it... all clear and easy to see even the intensity is calculated for me so I know if I can add anything to it or not.

Vanilla/Default UI:

upload_2019-9-29_15-53-53.png

Now I can sort of see what’s worn and might need repairing… but I can’t tell a damn thing about the bokuto… again have to go to a website to see what the calculations are and what the caps are… and IMO looking at stuff like this.. means nothing to me. Too much hassle to figure out if an item is “good” or worth keeping without all the caps clearly outlined. I don’t have time to wait around to find out if it’s good or not… or figure out if it’s relic worthy I have little time to loot and move on most times when killing things and the less time it takes to see what I’m looting the better. Sure I could pick it all up and sort it out later… but at an EM Event where there is a **** ton of loot I don’t have time to be doing that… everyone will move on… besides, I generally take Malag who already carries a full complement of bows along with 3 full quivers of arrows and a bandage belt with at least 200 bandages… various potions and all he can carry is about 2k in gold… so I never bother looting that… and very little room to pick up anything so whatever he does loot better be pretty freaking fab or there just isn’t room to carry it he’d be overweight.

Now let's look at that in the CC:

upload_2019-9-29_15-55-1.png

I have ZERO idea what the intensity is without going to a website to calculate that up... I have no idea what I'd get if I unraveled this item... and I have ZERO clue if anything is near cap, under the cap, over the cap... none at all... I'd have to have sheets printed or go to a website to find out what the caps are on things if I wanted to know... I wouldn't know if I could imbue anything else on it or not... all I know is it's slightly worn... and as for the rest of her armor I'd have to actually hover over each and every item taking off my robe to see what I have on there to check if they are ok or not for going out and doing an event or boss or something...

And that's just the most obvious of difference between the two ... but it's the biggest reason why I'd NEVER return to playing in the CC. Too much time spent on things that I can do instantly in the EC. If I had to loot stuff in the CC I'm pretty sure I'd miss some really awesome items... and a ton of relic fragment worthy stuff. I don't miss that in the EC... I know instantly what is or isn't worth it.

here we've killed a Sphynx easy to see what the loot is... plain and simple.

upload_2019-9-29_15-56-25.png

Vanilla UO:

upload_2019-9-29_15-56-51.png

While I can clearly see what is in the corpse I can’t really tell if anything is good or not again not without going to a website or having sheets of information on caps and such printed out and I’d have to calculate the intensity myself. Where here:

upload_2019-9-29_15-58-44.png

It’s all clearly marked… and Hovering over an item it’s easy to see this is garbage. That took me .2 seconds where if I looked in the CC or Default UI I really wouldn’t know. I can CLEARLY see it’s antique which on a weapon is just trash… I can clearly see that it’s NOT relic worthy… and I know it’s at the cap on SSI which would be a good thing but it doesn’t really have much else going for it. But I wouldn’t know what the caps are for things and quite honestly I don’t have the time or whatever to memorize all that ****… I work in a lab where I have to have tons of **** memorized normal values for things like BUN, Create, K, Na, and things I don’t really want to bog down my brain with information like the caps on FC/SSI, DI, DCI, LRC,LMC and 200 other things… Just no room for all that in my head and again I play UO to relax… and unwind not to work.

CC loot:

upload_2019-9-29_16-0-14.png

Here not so much... I'd have to move and hover over each item... Not to mention in the EC I can simply right click on the gold and "poof" it's in my pack... no clicking and dragging to my backpack...

I think the difference is clear. Why would I ever go back? Sure things look different in the EC but you get over that... the convenience is worth it IMO... I just could never go back.

Hope that information means something to you… Seriously I wouldn’t keep playing if I had to go back. Takes the “fun” out.

But lately I’ve noticed that looting still sucks in the EC at EM Events and the special AoE things I turned off or down are back in the game and locking me up. Can’t really play and the fact that I haven’t been able to effectively loot stuff for the last 5+ years really doesn’t help. I crash pretty much every 10 min in the game despite uninstalling and reinstalling both UO and Pinco’s… and creating new profiles for all my characters…

Don’t know what more I can say but I’m tired of not being able to enjoy the game I once loved because I can’t stay in it and it’s continually crashing, freezing, and locking up. While I realize EM events are action-heavy… I play BDO and I go to the boss fights there… with HEAVY intense graphics… way better than UO… with dozens of other people just like an EM Event… with pets, players, AoE stuff and all and I don’t lag and I don’t crash. Which tells me it’s NOT my computer. It’s the game.

I just want to play UO and enjoy it. I don’t want to crash, freeze, lock up, crash some more… reboot, restart and miss out time and time again on things.

Once upon a time, I could do those things. After the updated UI I couldn’t and it’s been like that ever since. Before the new Default UI I could loot faster than 95% of people… I was super fast had no issues at all… after that I can’t do it.. can’t open a public corpse without locking up and when you do the stuff in the corpse is in list view and anyone touching anything in there makes the stuff jump up and down the list so much you can’t hover a cursor over it and trying to scroll down the list it’ll bring you right back up to the start of the list where everything is bouncing up and down it’s enough to make anyone with motion sickness vomit.

The list view is clearly NOT working… this is with or without loot sort turned on… and like I said there is no point in playing in the default UI… I can’t tell what is what.

Now if the Vanilla UI gave me the rundowns like Pinco’s …. Had the pet calculations like Pinco’s or at least had all the information on one page without all the clicking it’d be 1000x times better… I’d prefer if it too had the “caps” on there… Why does everything have to be a guessing game?

Just saying… The differences are clear. Can’t go back.

Anyway, just something I was working on trying to explain.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One big legit reason folks use the CC is because all that info; colored properties, intensity caps, pets info, etc,... Basically all of the pros, you rightfully mention, are running scripts that slow down actions & can cause instability ie - crashes.

The CC def has it’s downfalls but is still the more stable platform, sadly. I would use Pinco’s more often if he had a streamlined client that left out a lot of bells & whistles that many players seem to love but that’s not gonna happen so I only load it up when farming for mats cause the loot agent is awesome (saves a boatload of time).

In PvP the EC is great for dexers but in my experience most PvP casting templates still use the CC, not simply for the use of illegal programs but those of us playing legit PvP notice timing can be off while fighting in the EC or Pinco’s due to the client. Many casters still use EC or Pinco’s tho due to the sticky health bars & targeting system as they view the advantages to outweigh the casting timing issues.

It’s all preference. That’s my 2 ¢ .
:)

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pinco's client really rocks but sometimes I think "less is more", also due to bugs and lag rightfully pointed out here. I also like the CC because of the many "assistant" programs it supports and the fact that you can nearly script anything with them (I am not a script looter, but you really can't macro skills in the EC).

In the end, as PVM focused player, I went for the standard EC as a middle ground between the (IMO) too simplistic CC and (IMO) over-developed Pinco's client. Another reason for going for the standard EC was that Pinco's is not downward compatible to it. If Pinco quits one day (hopefully never!), you have to trash all your settings, macros and character profiles.

That having said, I really do like Pinco's finder's keep for faster looting, and wish they implemented it in the EC and CC, even if at the costs of lag due to background scripts.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I've told the DEVs over and over that the caps on things need not be a "secret" and should actually be ON the items ... any other game will do this... You don't need 100 charts telling you what the caps are and all that crap and you shouldn't... it should be readily available to EVERYONE... and no "hidden" properties either.

Also, the resist totals should be on them and so should the imbuing weight... but that's me and that is one of the main reasons I use the EC with Pinco's UI.

If I had to go back to using the CC I'd quit... I'm not going back to having no clue what is "decent" or not... I don't want to have to memorize every stinking property and its cap and value. No way. I see all sorts of amazing items people leave on the corpse and I'm thinking it's probably because they have the CC and no clue what they are even looking at.

I recently wrote this up for someone about the differences between the CC, EC Vanilla and Pinco's UI:

First let's take a look at Taming improvements in the EC vs CC...

EC:
View attachment 102385

Clearly I can see the difference between Trilla's Drake and Ariels Dragon... and the Lore tells me everything I want to know even calculating Khyro's calculations of pet rating system for me... No going to a separate website and putting all the numbers in taking 5 min to get what Pinco's gives me instantly... Why would I go back to CC for that when this is clearly 100X better and easier. And all on ONE page vs the 6+ you get in the CC.

Vanilla/Default UI UO:

View attachment 102386

Can’t really tell anything just like the CC… several pages of clicking and would have to go to the website to calculate the pet. Not good. Now I’m no computer wiz or anything like that I can’t put this in myself or build my own UI… I can barely figure out how to keep my computer running and stuff… I took intro to computer programming in high school some 30+ years ago… and I can safely say I don’t remember squat… and it’s 100% different now so … pretty much stuck with Vanilla UO or Pinco’s UI.

View attachment 102387

CC I see very little of the lore of the pet... I'd have to take all that information here Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com Put that all in and then calculate it... taking loads of time... and the diffence in size between a full Dragon and a Drake here is very slight... someone not paying attention could easily be fooled...

Then we'll talk about "loot" or items for a second... and while we are at it our paperdoll information...
We'll just look at Trilla and her Bokuto for a second in the EC with Pinco's UI:

View attachment 102388

I can clearly see right away that some of her armor is getting worn and is starting to be in need of repair... it's yellow... the Mempo is red indicating it's getting low and needs fixed real soon... but the Bokuto shows me all the caps... which also lets me see the Luck is over capped... I don't have to memorize what the caps are nor do I have to refer to some obscure website to see what they are it's all clearly spelled out for me and I can see by the color it's green that if I unraveled this with my imbuer I'd get the green essence... not Relic Frag worthy or it would be blue... and better than the low red... It tells me everything I need to know about this item in one spot. Same happens on loot when you look at it... all clear and easy to see even the intensity is calculated for me so I know if I can add anything to it or not.

Vanilla/Default UI:

View attachment 102389

Now I can sort of see what’s worn and might need repairing… but I can’t tell a damn thing about the bokuto… again have to go to a website to see what the calculations are and what the caps are… and IMO looking at stuff like this.. means nothing to me. Too much hassle to figure out if an item is “good” or worth keeping without all the caps clearly outlined. I don’t have time to wait around to find out if it’s good or not… or figure out if it’s relic worthy I have little time to loot and move on most times when killing things and the less time it takes to see what I’m looting the better. Sure I could pick it all up and sort it out later… but at an EM Event where there is a **** ton of loot I don’t have time to be doing that… everyone will move on… besides, I generally take Malag who already carries a full complement of bows along with 3 full quivers of arrows and a bandage belt with at least 200 bandages… various potions and all he can carry is about 2k in gold… so I never bother looting that… and very little room to pick up anything so whatever he does loot better be pretty freaking fab or there just isn’t room to carry it he’d be overweight.

Now let's look at that in the CC:

View attachment 102390

I have ZERO idea what the intensity is without going to a website to calculate that up... I have no idea what I'd get if I unraveled this item... and I have ZERO clue if anything is near cap, under the cap, over the cap... none at all... I'd have to have sheets printed or go to a website to find out what the caps are on things if I wanted to know... I wouldn't know if I could imbue anything else on it or not... all I know is it's slightly worn... and as for the rest of her armor I'd have to actually hover over each and every item taking off my robe to see what I have on there to check if they are ok or not for going out and doing an event or boss or something...

And that's just the most obvious of difference between the two ... but it's the biggest reason why I'd NEVER return to playing in the CC. Too much time spent on things that I can do instantly in the EC. If I had to loot stuff in the CC I'm pretty sure I'd miss some really awesome items... and a ton of relic fragment worthy stuff. I don't miss that in the EC... I know instantly what is or isn't worth it.

here we've killed a Sphynx easy to see what the loot is... plain and simple.

View attachment 102391

Vanilla UO:

View attachment 102392

While I can clearly see what is in the corpse I can’t really tell if anything is good or not again not without going to a website or having sheets of information on caps and such printed out and I’d have to calculate the intensity myself. Where here:

View attachment 102393

It’s all clearly marked… and Hovering over an item it’s easy to see this is garbage. That took me .2 seconds where if I looked in the CC or Default UI I really wouldn’t know. I can CLEARLY see it’s antique which on a weapon is just trash… I can clearly see that it’s NOT relic worthy… and I know it’s at the cap on SSI which would be a good thing but it doesn’t really have much else going for it. But I wouldn’t know what the caps are for things and quite honestly I don’t have the time or whatever to memorize all that ****… I work in a lab where I have to have tons of **** memorized normal values for things like BUN, Create, K, Na, and things I don’t really want to bog down my brain with information like the caps on FC/SSI, DI, DCI, LRC,LMC and 200 other things… Just no room for all that in my head and again I play UO to relax… and unwind not to work.

CC loot:

View attachment 102394

Here not so much... I'd have to move and hover over each item... Not to mention in the EC I can simply right click on the gold and "poof" it's in my pack... no clicking and dragging to my backpack...

I think the difference is clear. Why would I ever go back? Sure things look different in the EC but you get over that... the convenience is worth it IMO... I just could never go back.

Hope that information means something to you… Seriously I wouldn’t keep playing if I had to go back. Takes the “fun” out.

But lately I’ve noticed that looting still sucks in the EC at EM Events and the special AoE things I turned off or down are back in the game and locking me up. Can’t really play and the fact that I haven’t been able to effectively loot stuff for the last 5+ years really doesn’t help. I crash pretty much every 10 min in the game despite uninstalling and reinstalling both UO and Pinco’s… and creating new profiles for all my characters…

Don’t know what more I can say but I’m tired of not being able to enjoy the game I once loved because I can’t stay in it and it’s continually crashing, freezing, and locking up. While I realize EM events are action-heavy… I play BDO and I go to the boss fights there… with HEAVY intense graphics… way better than UO… with dozens of other people just like an EM Event… with pets, players, AoE stuff and all and I don’t lag and I don’t crash. Which tells me it’s NOT my computer. It’s the game.

I just want to play UO and enjoy it. I don’t want to crash, freeze, lock up, crash some more… reboot, restart and miss out time and time again on things.

Once upon a time, I could do those things. After the updated UI I couldn’t and it’s been like that ever since. Before the new Default UI I could loot faster than 95% of people… I was super fast had no issues at all… after that I can’t do it.. can’t open a public corpse without locking up and when you do the stuff in the corpse is in list view and anyone touching anything in there makes the stuff jump up and down the list so much you can’t hover a cursor over it and trying to scroll down the list it’ll bring you right back up to the start of the list where everything is bouncing up and down it’s enough to make anyone with motion sickness vomit.

The list view is clearly NOT working… this is with or without loot sort turned on… and like I said there is no point in playing in the default UI… I can’t tell what is what.

Now if the Vanilla UI gave me the rundowns like Pinco’s …. Had the pet calculations like Pinco’s or at least had all the information on one page without all the clicking it’d be 1000x times better… I’d prefer if it too had the “caps” on there… Why does everything have to be a guessing game?

Just saying… The differences are clear. Can’t go back.

Anyway, just something I was working on trying to explain.
Thank you Malag! This is cool info. I will have to give EC and Pinko's a try. Pinko's website still available I guess..?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One big legit reason folks use the CC is because all that info; colored properties, intensity caps, pets info, etc,... Basically all of the pros, you rightfully mention, are running scripts that slow down actions & can cause instability ie - crashes.

The CC def has it’s downfalls but is still the more stable platform, sadly. I would use Pinco’s more often if he had a streamlined client that left out a lot of bells & whistles that many players seem to love but that’s not gonna happen so I only load it up when farming for mats cause the loot agent is awesome (saves a boatload of time).

In PvP the EC is great for dexers but in my experience most PvP casting templates still use the CC, not simply for the use of illegal programs but those of us playing legit PvP notice timing can be off while fighting in the EC or Pinco’s due to the client. Many casters still use EC or Pinco’s tho due to the sticky health bars & targeting system as they view the advantages to outweigh the casting timing issues.

It’s all preference. That’s my 2 ¢ .
:)
None of what you just said is true on a decent system. Not once has the EC ever crashed on me, ever.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was running the EC with Pinco's and I never had performance crashes, the only time I used to crash was at EM events, until I turned off the chat that was spamming Chiv spells and those huge ridiculous fiery circles, then it was fine. My PC was built by my husband a couple of years ago though. Anyone who wants to use one of the 'cheating' assist programs, I don't mean UOAssist but I never actually used that, does have to use the CC.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you Malag! This is cool info. I will have to give EC and Pinko's a try. Pinko's website still available I guess..?
Pinco's is still wonderful and he not only has his website but hosts a Discord so you can ask him and chat with him real time and it's awesome... He's really been working on a lot of things here are some useful links:

Pinco's UI

And the magical Discord link:

Join the Pinco's UI Discord Server!

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
One question , MalagAste are you Pinco ? If not maybe you should ask him for a commission.... :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco's client really rocks but sometimes I think "less is more", also due to bugs and lag rightfully pointed out here. I also like the CC because of the many "assistant" programs it supports and the fact that you can nearly script anything with them (I am not a script looter, but you really can't macro skills in the EC).

In the end, as PVM focused player, I went for the standard EC as a middle ground between the (IMO) too simplistic CC and (IMO) over-developed Pinco's client. Another reason for going for the standard EC was that Pinco's is not downward compatible to it. If Pinco quits one day (hopefully never!), you have to trash all your settings, macros and character profiles.

That having said, I really do like Pinco's finder's keep for faster looting, and wish they implemented it in the EC and CC, even if at the costs of lag due to background scripts.
lol you can disable basically every feature you don't need on my UI, and for bugs I fix everything as fast as I can (if it's a problem of my UI). When I made the default UI it wasn't supposed to be finished like that, but more of a starting point, and while it works, is still FAR away from all the improvements I did to my UI (same that were supposed to be part of the default UI)... since the default UI was released the devs did what? 5-6 changes? I've done more than 500 patches and I'm half way to complete the total rework of the code :D

Also I've been working on the UI since 2010 and as long as people keeps providing enough to pay the expenses, I'll keep maintaining the UI :p

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of what you just said is true on a decent system.
True enough & point taken but I think many players would not have our definition of a decent system. My system is for AAA rated VR & I’ve never had crashes either. However, I don’t think we are the norm. Maybe I’m wrong.

lol you can disable basically every feature you don't need on my UI...
I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again, what you have done is absolutely amazing. You have helped SO many players & literally singlehandedly changed the face of our game. We can not thank you enough as words pale in comparison to the joy of Ultima that many players experience solely due to you. I don’t use your UI much but recognize the time & effort put forth. Sincerely, Thank You.

As for disabling features, I was unaware this is an option. Probably due to not using it enough to learn the UI’s potential. That falls squarely on my shoulders. If this is a simple on/off menu setting I will look more closely & adjust. If the ability to simply turn off running scripts requires more tech savvy, I would ask where & how this is done. I would love ❤to use your UI more often if not exclusively but tbh have shied away from it’s intimidating brilliance.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Man another thing for me is I switch between CC, EC vanilla, and EC pinco's a lot, and a lot of the very well done icons for spells/abilities/etc override (understandably) the default ones. So when I do go back to vanilla EC my hotbars are all jacked up.

Not the developer of the UI's fault, more the fault of my own lack of loyalty, lol... I would get a big drop in framerate at really busy group events and found vanilla EC to perform more smoothly. Now with my recently updated machine I'll probably find myself using pinco's almost exclusively.

That said the color coding of properties by intensity is awesome, the animal lore gump is vastly superior, but even vanilla EC gives you a huge advantage over CC at looting a public corpse. Just search for 'legendary' and bam. Or 'stamina increase 10' ; 'taming' ... to best describe it in one word, "l33t."

I almost feel bad for the ppl grabbing and dumping items on the ground so they can see what's on the corpse, but then my avarice kicks in.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One question , MalagAste are you Pinco ? If not maybe you should ask him for a commission.... :)
Certainly not Pinco but I support Pinco! I need no commission for it if you really like something you should support it and let others know how amazing it is...

Also... I have been known to give people walk thru's of how to set up Pinco's UI once you have it installed and go over most of the stuff and how to use it over Discord... which if anything Discord should pay me a commission as I support them as well and I'm forever telling people to get and use Discord... so by your thinking they should pay me a commission as well, but not going to happen.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't run Pincos. Always wanted to but the instructions he gives aren't exactly the clearest on the steps to get everything working and I could never, well, get everything working.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hence why I started giving "classes" on using Pinco's and setting it up because a lot of folk have that issue... and I will always encourage people to use the EC... I do make the time to help people if they are serious about giving it a try... I'll walk you through it if you like just PM me or hit me up on Discord ... MalagAste#1313. It's much easier to do using Discord where I can talk you can ask questions and all... gets done much faster that way.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It took me two weeks to get used to the EC and Pinco's UI and I never wanted to go back to the CC after that, in fact every time I see a screen shot of those little square icons in a wonky 'line' it drives me crazy. I spent way too much of my UO play time in the CC lining those things up. Yes, I'm a bit OCD about things in lines....:( Of course having played a LOT of modern MMO's I got used to having hotbars and expecting a tidier UI!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't run Pincos. Always wanted to but the instructions he gives aren't exactly the clearest on the steps to get everything working and I could never, well, get everything working.
Can you perhaps specify what is unclear in this to make it easier on others? You need to download the installer, open it, copy the contents to you UO folder and run the patcher. This seems very basic to me.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It took me two weeks to get used to the EC and Pinco's UI and I never wanted to go back to the CC after that, in fact every time I see a screen shot of those little square icons in a wonky 'line' it drives me crazy. UI!
I switched from microsoft office 2000 to office 2016 a few years ago. Took me 16 years to switch, then a few months to adjust, and now I can't possibly imagine why I kept on using that version from the stone age for so long.

With that in mind, I gave he EC a try after having defended the CC for decades ... and have never looked back.

Last edited:

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Ok , so reading the posts i have a question , does the EC while running Pincos require more data download? See i live in the sticks where we pipe in sunshine and my best download speed is anywhere from 2mb-6mb on a great day and with wife and i both on at times things get a bit slow even running CC.Just being logical i would assume so . I have never ran any thing other than CC .

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I switched from microsoft office 2000 to office 2016 a few years ago. Took me 16 years to switch, then a few months to adjust, and now I can't possibly imagine why I kept on using that version from the stone age for so long.

After that experience, I thought I give the EC a trial after having defended the CC for decades ... and have never looked back.
LOL you really made me laugh! Thank you! :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok , so reading the posts i have a question , does the EC while running Pincos require more data download? See i live in the sticks where we pipe in sunshine and my best download speed is anywhere from 2mb-6mb on a great day and with wife and i both on at times things get a bit slow even running CC.Just being logical i would assume so . I have never ran any thing other than CC .
Apart from the initial download and patches here and there, the traffic should be exactly the same with Pincos or without. You don't think BS lets modders send or receive anything extra from the servers, do you? :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How up to date is your PC? Do you have one built in the last 5 years?

To me I couldn't tell you... what I do know is that the PC I had before this one could barely run the CC... it kept stutter stopping and all because I assume that the CC was incompatible with newer windows (at the time Windows 7) but at the time I was also having issues and my internet speed was somewhere close to yours at the time... and a newer PC but when I ran the EC my movement was smooth and faster... even with Pinco's UI... so I switched just to be able to play...

Fast forward a few and they redid the base for the EC... Since then I've had nothing but issues with the EC... from looting to just moving around now that's whether or not I'm using Pinco's and I have said something 100's of times to @Bleak and @Kyronix but I feel as though I'm just talking to a brick wall... I've been complaining ever since about the issues with looting a public boss corpse in the EC since it's been damn near impossible ever since but it falls on deaf ears... They seem to think it's just fine that it either locks up the client or stuff jumping about in the list is OK for some reason... but IMO looting and the ability to loot things is 90% of the game... If you can't do it what is the point too even playing the game since most of what you do is based around killing and looting... what is the point to killing something if not to get loot???

My current PC has an i7 with 16GB of ram and an NVidia RTX2060 with its own 6GB of Ram... I run on 1GB+ Broadband... so I can't say about downloads as I'm clocking 800+mps downloads and 60+ uploads... and I'm still having some issues. IMO there is something majorly wrong with the EC looting process... all I know is that prior to the age-old Base EC Update I used to be able to loot a corpse so fast it would make you believe I scripted... but ever since I can't really even try since opening one causes all sorts of problems... Pinco has been working on this so I'm ever so hopeful that it's much better but won't know for a few weeks as I test things.

I know any PC will have an issue if you don't adjust a bunch of things like turning off most if not all of the "particle effects"... as there is obviously something terribly wrong with that and it just freezes things up... There are quite a few adjustments one can make to the EC to make it run faster and better... and anyone will tell you that cornering and running around in UO is faster on the EC or at least seems that way... being a dexer is much smoother and faster in the EC but if you PvP there are some issues with timing that you have to get down if using the EC over the CC... for me it's as I said above about the conveniences of the EC over the CC and even more conveniences with running Pinco's and the EC. I just wouldn't want to play without them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No works just fine for me...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Have you tried asking Pinco on his Discord?

Join the Pinco's UI Discord Server!
WOW.. It works! I had put an older version on it, but was trying to start it wrong. You are supposed to run the sound ui file first, each time you want to run it. then this will load the EC. Did not know that. So the Pincos UI works and looks great!
Does the Pinco's UI auto update itself or you have to manually install the newest version? If so, how do you do this? do you remove the old picos folder and then install the new one?
Great thanks for info. I like this already. I like the color coded items. green, blue orange..must mean something. Thanks!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Pinco's UI always updated with the patcher for me, same as the game does. At least that's what I always assumed... :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
WOW.. It works! I had put an older version on it, but was trying to start it wrong. You are supposed to run the sound ui file first, each time you want to run it. then this will load the EC. Did not know that. So the Pincos UI works and looks great!
Does the Pinco's UI auto update itself or you have to manually install the newest version? If so, how do you do this? do you remove the old picos folder and then install the new one?
Great thanks for info. I like this already. I like the color coded items. green, blue orange..must mean something. Thanks!
If you run the Pinco's UI patcher it updates itself just fine and you never have to worry about it.

Its this guy here in your UO folder you can create a shortcut for it:

upload_2019-10-4_4-13-21.png

And if you run that it starts the EC Playsound with it... eliminating your need to start that separately... And always run the patcher as ADMIN... you should be fine.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Shortcut can be placed on your desktop looks like this:

upload_2019-10-4_4-16-30.png

Works just fine, launches Pinco's UI patcher and then launches the client which you can either chose to update or just play. I generally always chose update... that way I'm never surprised and always up to date.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you run the Pinco's UI patcher it updates itself just fine and you never have to worry about it.

Its this guy here in your UO folder you can create a shortcut for it:

View attachment 102466

And if you run that it starts the EC Playsound with it... eliminating your need to start that separately... And always run the patcher as ADMIN... you should be fine.
Sweet! This picos is awesome indeed. Never explored it in the past, never really used it. Will do that now on. Thanks greatly!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Shortcut can be placed on your desktop looks like this:

View attachment 102467

Works just fine, launches Pinco's UI patcher and then launches the client which you can either chose to update or just play. I generally always chose update... that way I'm never surprised and always up to date.
What do I need to do if the patcher does not work and gives me an error?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you put all of the downloaded files from Pinco into the EC folder?

And did you make a new shortcut of that shortcut in the folder or did you take that one out of the folder because that one needs to stay in the folder to work...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Did you put all of the downloaded files from Pinco into the EC folder?

And did you make a new shortcut of that shortcut in the folder or did you take that one out of the folder because that one needs to stay in the folder to work...
Thanks Malag. I figured the install out. I had an old version of the pincos installed long ago, and not used at all, so the updater did not work correctly, though the pincos ui worked ok, once I figured out that I needed to start the game with the music file. But decided to put a new version of everything, so I removed all the old pincos files and old updater, and downloaded and copied the new picos files in the game directory, then ran the updater-installer as admin, and all is fine now. At the prompt, when it copies the new files, I chose replace the old files with the new. Now works like a charm, and I have the full new pincos working.
Now the main problem is to get to know the new EC-pincos system that seems to be very nice. There is a minimal lag with 1x1 attacks on single opponent such as the sphynx etc. Will see what happens in spawns.
Still in the dark about a lot of things like sorting, vacuum, etc. but I think will time will learn the new system. Kind of a culture-shock regarding graphics, awkward looking mobs, weid looking sphynx that dies sitting upright lots of times, etc. But as you said, the pros are more than the cons to this EC with pincos.
I think that it looks like pincos improves some of the graphics? Not sure, but cool.
Most important for me to learn are the items that pertain to looting:
=sort
=vacuum
=recognize specific items in corpses and loot preferentially. Like artifact level, items with stats anatomy +15, Bushido +15, DCI +15, HCI +15, etc, things that make items more powerful. Pick those up and leave the junk behind.
=agents and what they do. I suspect they may need to be programmed for what you are looking for, in order of priority etc.
=ignore all the flappers in EM events would be great also. I gather somehow this can be done to make like possible there.
=macros? For the EC and EC-pinco's.
Some of these may also help with IDOC looting. So far I have done 3 idocs. With a grand reward of 50 meat steaks raw, (Raw ribs). Another Idoc was in fel and there were 3 pple there killing everyone so I declined to stay, lol.
With a little time I suspect I can work these out.
Thank you for demonstrating picos properties in this post!:)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks Malag. I figured the install out. I had an old version of the pincos installed long ago, and not used at all, so the updater did not work correctly, though the pincos ui worked ok, once I figured out that I needed to start the game with the music file. But decided to put a new version of everything, so I removed all the old pincos files and old updater, and downloaded and copied the new picos files in the game directory, then ran the updater-installer as admin, and all is fine now. At the prompt, when it copies the new files, I chose replace the old files with the new. Now works like a charm, and I have the full new pincos working.
Now the main problem is to get to know the new EC-pincos system that seems to be very nice. There is a minimal lag with 1x1 attacks on single opponent such as the sphynx etc. Will see what happens in spawns.
Still in the dark about a lot of things like sorting, vacuum, etc. but I think will time will learn the new system. Kind of a culture-shock regarding graphics, awkward looking mobs, weid looking sphynx that dies sitting upright lots of times, etc. But as you said, the pros are more than the cons to this EC with pincos.
I think that it looks like pincos improves some of the graphics? Not sure, but cool.
Most important for me to learn are the items that pertain to looting:
=sort
=vacuum
=recognize specific items in corpses and loot preferentially. Like artifact level, items with stats anatomy +15, Bushido +15, DCI +15, HCI +15, etc, things that make items more powerful. Pick those up and leave the junk behind.
=agents and what they do. I suspect they may need to be programmed for what you are looking for, in order of priority etc.
=ignore all the flappers in EM events would be great also. I gather somehow this can be done to make like possible there.
=macros? For the EC and EC-pinco's.
Some of these may also help with IDOC looting. So far I have done 3 idocs. With a grand reward of 50 meat steaks raw, (Raw ribs). Another Idoc was in fel and there were 3 pple there killing everyone so I declined to stay, lol.
With a little time I suspect I can work these out.
Thank you for demonstrating picos properties in this post!:)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
With EC-Pinco's, the chests and when you open gumps for corpses etc, backpacks, bags, everything is tiny. Is there a function to enlarging the gumps and contained items a little? Thanks..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With EC-Pinco's, the chests and when you open gumps for corpses etc, backpacks, bags, everything is tiny. Is there a function to enlarging the gumps and contained items a little? Thanks..
There is a scaling command/button. You can resize pretty much every UI element.