• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lesser hiryu question

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically i am just asking About the Special and magical abilities. Besides grasping claw and dismount what would you guys slap on him for PVP or PVM?

Thanks alot in advance

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Basically i am just asking About the Special and magical abilities. Besides grasping claw and dismount what would you guys slap on him for PVP or PVM?

Thanks alot in advance
It depends what you want to do with it. Here are a few combos and what they can be useful for.

PVM:
  • Chiv/AI - Good in just about all PvM content. Less useful at champion spawns (except for the boss), great single target damage.
  • Bushido/Goo - Great AoE clear, good for champion spawns (less so on the actual boss). Great when paired with a Spellweaver or Necromage that can aoe down what the pet pulls in
  • Chiv/FWW - Good AoE Clear and decent single target damage. Good for champion spawns, including the boss. AoE not as efficient as the goo builds, single target damage not as efficient as the AI build, but a very versatile pet.
  • Bushido/FWW - Lots of short ranged AoE. Great for clusters of mobs, not so great for single target. Not as efficient pulling in mobs as a Goo build.
I have one of each (at least) of all the above builds, and use them to varying success. My most commonly used are Chiv/Ai, Chiv/FWW, and Bushido/Goo, for the reasons outlined above.

For PvP, it really depends on the other aspects of your build and what you want the pet to accomplish. I'm not an avid PvPer so I won't really speak about builds, but I know people that add things like Bleed for the ticking damage (interrupt), or Mortal Strike. Most people laugh at pets in PvP these days, so you would want to use it more as a support pet and not the main source of damage (so debuffs and damage over time).

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For pvp, something that can support you.

Someone has said nin is good because it will stealth over, but i think a caster pet while you dismount, with poison breath and dismount.

Good for archer mage tamers

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For pvp, something that can support you.

Someone has said nin is good because it will stealth over, but i think a caster pet while you dismount, with poison breath and dismount.

Good for archer mage tamers
Sorry for answering late but i had a serious Problem in RL. Thank you for the info!