• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with the new large elegant aquarium...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is where I find myself somewhat baffled as to the point of the 'get hue' function. Ok, probably helpful for rares, but there's no flippin way to match that hue to the dyes & tubs we have available so we can actually *use* the thing. What is the point?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and I just made a wall version instead. I like those, but I wanted one large aquarium. Clearly, I'm not going to be able to have one!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, and I just made a wall version instead. I like those, but I wanted one large aquarium. Clearly, I'm not going to be able to have one!
They look like a TV. I'm gonna build a Living room for my toons the watch Football! We need snacks!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon than watch any kind of football!

When I was a kid, we had tropical fish. I've never been good at this sleeping thing, so I'd sneak out of bed with a book & sit in my bedroom door to watch the fish & read while the tank lights were on. Dunno how many times I got scooped up once I'd dozed off & deposited into bed, but I must've been there almost every other night. I still like aquariums, still enjoy watching the fish. Ok, the UO version isn't the same, but, pretty blues!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon than watch any kind of football!

When I was a kid, we had tropical fish. I've never been good at this sleeping thing, so I'd sneak out of bed with a book & sit in my bedroom door to watch the fish & read while the tank lights were on. Dunno how many times I got scooped up once I'd dozed off & deposited into bed, but I must've been there almost every other night. I still like aquariums, still enjoy watching the fish. Ok, the UO version isn't the same, but, pretty blues!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you place a garden bed on the floor directly above it? Or maybe plants?
You guys have to also know, unless it was fixed, no matter how well you follow maintain, yes maintain not improve. random sea creatures will die. I told K this, he got mad.
I use the small fish coffin and when it says dead I just ax it it and replace. It has no fish.
Good news is the new sea creatures are quite beautiful. I look at them on vendor search.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys have to also know, unless it was fixed, no matter how well you follow maintain, yes maintain not improve. random sea creatures will die. I told K this, he got mad.
I use the small fish coffin and when it says dead I just ax it it and replace. It has no fish.
Good news is the new sea creatures are quite beautiful. I look at them on vendor search.
I probably could, but then I have to rearrange that bit too. I'll just stick with the wall mounted version, leave it at that.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A garden bed will NOT cover the large aquarium if it sticks through the floor the middle bit still sticks up, neither will granite blocks unless you raise them to the maximum. You can cover it with something that stands high like the waterwheel. Even then it is a drag.

Better off to use the small one or the wall one unless you can find something huge to go over it.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cailleach - is the garden plot part the one sold in UO store or dirt patch you left when making castle and then placing vegetables upon it? Looks cool either way!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cailleach - is the garden plot part the one sold in UO store or dirt patch you left when making castle and then placing vegetables upon it? Looks cool either way!
It's the one I made when I built the house - it's an 18x18 customisable - and thank you :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its and issue with several of the newer items. Wooden ship paintings do the same thing.
The china cabinet and pie safe do this too if you set them on the counters. And some of the new paintings. So many things on the ever lengthening snag list that probably don't need to be there if just a little care were taken when they're designed...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Apparently those items, according to the Devs, were not meant to sit on top of the counters....which is weird as so many people thought they would look great like that, including me! :(

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently those items, according to the Devs, were not meant to sit on top of the counters....which is weird as so many people thought they would look great like that, including me! :(
Then they should've been made slightly taller so no one was tempted to use them to create a Welsh Dresser effect? As they are, they're like the UO dolls house version!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I said exactly that when they first came out, they should have been taller, or smaller so they could be used on top, or maybe for that price one of each! ;)
I'm pretty sure there was a picture of them on top though....or maybe that was just wishful thinking!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think the problem is the cupboards it's the counters are too big.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every counter/table since the King's Collection has been too tall and/or shirts in the tile wrong.

Clipping through the floor is a z-axis issue that should theoretically be "easy" to fix. Simply ensure that floor tiles at a greater Z have draw precedence when they should be viewable.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, you have a point there, I've noticed in recent years everything seemed to get more over-sized, some of those potted plants were monstrous! :eek: