• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Creating a suit for my sampire

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok I sold my old suit as I was trying to create a better one for myself. This will take a while since I'll probably farm the mats myself where I need to as I have limited funds atm (14 mil).

The artifacts that I am using, with stats, are:
  • Mace and Shield reading glasses (30% HLD, +10 Str, +5 dex 25/10/10/10/10)
  • britches of warding (12 stam, 10 HCI, 8% LMC, 20/20/20/20/20)
  • Cloak of power (+2 str,dex,int),
  • Corgul's sash (+1 stam, DCI 5%)
  • Boots of Escaping (+4 dex)
  • Quiver of Infinity (DCI 5%)
  • mana phasing orb (HCI 5%, DI 5%, LMC 6%).
As far as ring/brace I can be malleable and will choose those after the rest of the suit but they should have at least 20% SSI. I know with that I need at least 180 dex to hit 1.25 speed on double axes.

Total stats without ring/brace is 108 hp, 149 stam, 27 mana, 15 HCI, 10 DCI, 15% LMC, 10% DI. I know the mana is low but unless I'm forced into an elf I think I can still make this work.

This setup leaves me not so strapped for resists if I calculate correctly. The other 4 pieces of armor will need to cover 25/65/40/40/40 resists as a human without refinements (are they worth it?) and vamp form (-25% fire resistance).

4 studded leather pieces that are enhanced with barb leather gives 20/24/24/24/36 resists (5/6/6/6/9 per piece). This is before the exceptional bonus is applied. So that will leave me with 5/41/16/16/4 resists needing coverage or a total of 82 resists for my 60 exceptional bonus to cover. This leaves me with 22 resist left to be imbued. I'm not optimistic on this being ideal so is there a better way to do this such as going with platemail and valorite enhancement?

Now for the 4 pieces I'll imbue each with +8 spi, +8 mpi, +5 hpi, +8 LMC. With 2 pieces having the 5th imbuing slot being resist(ideally with 5% lmc to compensate if need be). So with the final 2 pieces should I reforge for HCI on the two remaining pieces? Or am I missing something? Total stats for the 4 pieces should be +32 stam, +32 Mana, +20 hp, +25% LMC.

This will bring my suit to around 128 hp, 181 stam, 47 mana, and 40% LMC.

Other things I could reforge for is DCI, Dex, LMC (maybe free up a piece or two for further reforging)

I am still trying to work through how reforging affects my plans here but I think so far this is a fairly decent direction. Any thoughts though on improvements I could do to make the suit better outside of expensive artifacts(basically anything over 20mill)?

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’ve found that the new loot system makes it much easier to craft a suit. The cost of some legendary gear with 8 stam increase isn’t all that bad. The stats are usually so high on these pieces that I’ll save a lot of imbuing weight on other pieces. It’ll make the entire suit easier to craft overall.

More importantly, it’ll save you several charges of a forged tool. These usually sell for 3.5m per charge.

Finding clean jewels with 10 ssi might set you back a good amount. Look for some legendary drops also.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head:

To swing at max you need either 180 stam with 20 ssi or 150 stam with 35 ssi. If I were you, I'd go with the latter unless you're trying to avoid putting ssi on your weapon. Then have more than 150 stam so when you get it, you're still swinging at cap. Planning to have the ssi on your weapon will allow you to save some money by not buying high end jewels.

Get your strength to 150 if possible. The amount of damage you do, and life you'll leech, is partially determined by strength. Depending on stamina increase, dex can be lower since you aren't using bandages.

Enhance some or all pieces with horned, not barbed for more fire resist.

Reforge for HCI/DCI as needed. That's what I did before I was able to upgrade. I haven't used refinements, but once I spend the time to figure them out I plan on lowering my DCI for more resists.

@codemonkey84

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I already have a few jewelry setups from hunting with my tamer so I'm not too worried about getting well over 180 stam with the 20% SSI.

The strength issue might be something I haven't thought much about. Considering that hitting the 1.25 cap with the double axe was such a high priority. If anything this would be the reason why I would switch to being an elf (what negatives outside reduced weight carry and no JOAT would that bring?) That way I could do 125 str/dex 10 int (ending with around 60ish mana).

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
Im late to the party, but have you considered potions? As an elf with 50 ep you can chug for 20 str and 20 dex. that would give 40 more mana. I usually shoot for 100 mana on my sampires.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know if it is possible to reforge this piece: 5hpi 8stamina 8mana hpr2/mr2 8lmc

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Anyone know if it is possible to reforge this piece: 5hpi 8stamina 8mana hpr2/mr2 8lmc
No. What you want "5hpi 8stamina 8mana mr2 8lmc" is 540 imbuing capacity.
You can imbue wooden with 5hpi 8stamina 8mana mr1 8lmc (490 weight total)
Then enhance with bloodwood for +2 HPR

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should work on getting the 10 ssi lord morphius epaulettes and the Balron Bone armor from the current event. They are great for a Sampire.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You should work on getting the 10 ssi lord morphius epaulettes and the Balron Bone armor from the current event. They are great for a Sampire.
what pieces do you suggest adding with those?

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'll give you the list of gear I run but as you know or will soon find out, everyone seems to have different ideas on Sampires. I run plate/metal armor for the stam loss reduction and 45 lmc. You could go bone/studded for 55 lmc. It's really personal preference. My suit without a weapon I get 140hp/100mana/202stam with 150 str/dex, 20 dci, 45hci, 30 ssi, 100 di, and some armor pieces are refined to bump my resist caps. Sometimes I swap out my legs for tinker legs for an extra 10 ssi so I can swing a two handed axe at max speed for a tiny bit more double strike damage. I don't have any ssi or di on my weapons because I have it all on my suit.

Helm: Plate helm bearing the crest of blackthorn
Neck: legendary item loot with 5 dex, 10 stam, int/mana increase, 10 lmc
Cloak: Jumu's Sacred Hide
Arms: legendary item loot with relevant stats
Belt: Crimson Cincture
Legs: Either tinker legs or legendary item loot with relevant stats. Depends on what you need.
Talisman: Enchantress Cameos
Robe: Lord Morphius' Epaulettes
Chest: Balron Bone Armor
Sash: Lt's Sash for int/mana regen/lrc
Hands: Gloves of Feudal Grip
Feet: Minax's Sandals
Ring/Bracelet: One is imbued and one is random non antique loot with DI/DCI/HCI/SSI and +15 or more skill (not weapon skill)

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Forgot to mention I carry a crafted pair of arcane boots to swap on so I can cast vampiric embrace on myself in case I die. And I carry a small stack of pig iron for the emergency Curse Weapon if I need it.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to reforge greaterly:

5hpi 8stam 8mana 8lmc or 5hpi 8stam 8mana 8lmc and either mr1 or hpr1?

Or it is just not possible, coz i was able to reforge this

1637072767082.png

But hpi stam and mana/lmc are 3 different names and i think max possible is 2 names, it is just not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Jack 5hpi 8stam 8mana 8lmc and either mr1 or hpr1? you can imbue. Don't need to waste reforging hammers.
Or you want it to last forever?

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you could only have two names unless something has changed.
Yes, thats what I thought and why I initially posted the message, coz i got HLD 30 blackthorn's helm, balrons chest, grips gloves and the legs I made, along with crimmy, an bal xen talisman despicable quiver (possibly) and I'm missing 2 jewels, the gorget and the sleeves. So basically i dont use tinker legs to get to 20ssi (at 180 stam make double axe hit max swing) and 100 di with its 10di and 10ssi (35di ring / 35 di brace 20di an bal xen and 10di from legs) coz there is no clean 35 di jewels without ssi, or at least i havent found any nor seen one in all my entire uo life. But if there were 35 di jewels without 10 ssi just the 35 damage alone i would use them, coz with ssi eps i would have the 20 ssi I need for my double axe. So I made those legs and went for 25di jewels being forced to accept to use grips and demon talisman. Then with 125 dex +5dex despicable +5 dex HLD helm +5 dex crimmy + 5 dex balron bone armor and 4 dex boots of escaping i would have 149 dex. + 8 stam gorget, 8stam balron, 8 stam sleeves and 8 stam gloves (no stam in helm nor legs) I would have the +32 stam i need to make the suit 181 stam or 182 with dci 5 sash coz i want to refine the suit with scour plate/dragon invulnerbility to be 20dci. So this way i am missing sleeves and gorget which is need with stamina 8 or at least 1 of them but then i would need to use +4stam jewels and i want to use that slot to put+15+15 anatomy (template: 120 swords 120 tactics 60 anat 120 parry 120 bushido 100 necro 80 chiv) and get it to 90 and i cant do that if they are 4 stam coz one should be 25di 15hci 15dci +8 str +15 anatomy and the other one should be 25di 15hci 8lmc (hoping i get both pieces, gorget and sleeves, with 8lmc each) coz then i would be 32 lmc without metal gear bonus and i would just need 8lmc in one jewel, so the second jewel would be 25di 15hci 8lmc 8str 15 anatomy. And as im using 5hpi balrons armor and 10hpi crimmy im still missing 10hpi so both pieces missing have to be at least 5hpi 8stam (hopefully some mana or int) mr2 8lmc in order to have 150str 150hpi 182stam 48-72 mana mr6 hpr6 (this can be more or less depending on how good the 2 missing artifacts would be, and i say "artifacts" coz the Developers, after 24 years of life of the game, and when everyone is downsizing and getting reading to leave, STILL TODAY, havent made it possible for the players to have full stats that are supposed to be possible 150 180 70, basically coz they set them as goals, and we all the players keep trying to find something to fix all this problems that wont let us have those technically impossible stats when they should do their ****ing job and make it possible.

Oh well. I'm sorry it's frustrating.

I wish I could only reforge 2 piece with 5hpi 8stam 8mana mr2 8lmc but they didn't realize this was what had to be done, or maybe they did and they are playing with us letting us chase smoke unicorns and unreal dreams. Maybe they dont want us to have clean armor coz then we wouldnt keep farming 6 hours everyday to find some miracle armor with 5hpi that costs more than a barrel of brent and sidely produce **** tons of loot for their customers to be able to have a cheap suit to play for a few mills.

Last edited: