• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forsaken Foes – World Wide Release

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/16/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that as of each shard’s normal maintenance beginning September 17, 2019 Forsaken Foes will be deployed world wide. A few highlights in Forsaken Foes include – 22nd Anniversary Rewards – Ultima Online turns 22 this year, a special gift for our dedicated players! Treasures of the Sea – collect souls using Ethereal Soulbinders and redeem them for brand new equipment recipes! Scalis, Charybdis, and Corgul – updated loot including brand new equipment recipes, the hungry coconut crab pet, and a re-introduction of Leurocian’s Mempo of Fortune! Aquarium Update with over 50 new creatures to […]

Continue reading...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious. How did a castle win a dev pick that is not in the top 20 at all? Is this a new way to pick? Pick out of all 150 entrys? I have to admit I am deeply saddened that mine, number 5, The Sandalwood Castle was not chosen. It was my best work, darn it :).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just curious. How did a castle win a dev pick that is not in the top 20 at all? Is this a new way to pick? Pick out of all 150 entrys? I have to admit I am deeply saddened that mine, number 5, The Sandalwood Castle was not chosen. It was my best work, darn it :).
Pets... join the crew of the disappointed... but I wasn't expecting much. I expect only more disappointment from this and disgust from all the bugs.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets... join the crew of the disappointed... but I wasn't expecting much. I expect only more disappointment from this and disgust from all the bugs.

I'm underwhelmed this year. Nothing there really interests me at all. No good rings, nor jawbones, nor dex boots, nada

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will get a token in your backpack when server is up. Each toon gets 1 token that gives 1 of the items.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because they are better friends with the Devs than you? ;) It's no secret after all that they do favors to "friends".

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I should have never made fun of the fish coffins. NOT the actual coffin, those are so pretty. The dying fish aspect. Oh no I put llama on the house sign! Ok idk about any of her friends, his friends, their friends. What she did was messed up. I only support messed up leaders with a small amount of money. So 10 went to 3 soon to 2. I think Atlantic is my spot. Flexible rules there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New belt takes the color of the cloth you make it from.

upload_2019-9-17_20-57-19.png

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone gotten a new green deco anni gift with their character's name on it? I have anglewings oh wait thats a mystery player :p, I meant Angel wings, ship relief, portraits and the sunflower. It took many tries to get those,

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sadly they didn't listen to the complaints about the belts being dipped in paint basically and all of the belt metal and all taking the color... which IMO looks ridiculous.
Did you expect anything different?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any point to logging in at this time other than to collect anniversary tokens if you didn't spend the entire summer hunting plunder beacons ir digging up treasure chests; you don't own any artifacts; you've never hunted Charybdis, Corgul or Scalis and don't think you will be hunting them anytime soon because you play solo at weird times; you have zero enthusiasm for pumpkin-related items; your last couple of aquarium attempts ended in nothing more than stinky fish skeletons tossed in the trash; you have very few mysterious fragments because treasure hunting is still boring and you're afraid that the fragments won't be of any more use than last year's obsidian; and you still haven't GMd begging because it's so utterly boring and you're afraid to risk your account doing unattended macroing to train it?

I'm on the verge of turning my accounts off for a few months because I just don't see anything in the publish notes that interests me in the slightest. I don't even want to pick up more anniversary tokens because those gifts don't even do much for me either because I just don't have tons of wall space for putting that stuff up. It's just more clutter that's going to go in bankboxes or chests.

I honestly can't find anything in this publish that looks like something I want or "need." I feel like I must somehow be missing something in the publish notes because all it looks like to me is that there's going to be a bunch of new recipes that don't really do anything useful and some new pumpkin stuff. Hurray??? I can't even get excited about new castle designs because I'll never the gold to sink into one of those plus where the heck would I put stuff while converting to one.

Sorry to be so negative. I'm just really bummed out about UO at this point. I want to be interested in it again. But anymore even when I have time to play, I find myself starting it up and then closing it down at the login screen because I can't think of anything to do in UO. And I used to spend so much time on it in the past. I'm within months of finally qualifying for shard shields on two accounts and yet I'm asking myself why even bother to keep the accounts on to make sure that happens. I just feel like I don't even belong in the game anymore, I'm so out of date on everything. And if you don't play at a regular time with a regular group of people, it just all seems so pointless.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there any point to logging in at this time other than to collect anniversary tokens if you didn't spend the entire summer hunting plunder beacons ir digging up treasure chests; you don't own any artifacts; you've never hunted Charybdis, Corgul or Scalis and don't think you will be hunting them anytime soon because you play solo at weird times; you have zero enthusiasm for pumpkin-related items; your last couple of aquarium attempts ended in nothing more than stinky fish skeletons tossed in the trash; you have very few mysterious fragments because treasure hunting is still boring and you're afraid that the fragments won't be of any more use than last year's obsidian; and you still haven't GMd begging because it's so utterly boring and you're afraid to risk your account doing unattended macroing to train it?

I'm on the verge of turning my accounts off for a few months because I just don't see anything in the publish notes that interests me in the slightest. I don't even want to pick up more anniversary tokens because those gifts don't even do much for me either because I just don't have tons of wall space for putting that stuff up. It's just more clutter that's going to go in bankboxes or chests.

I honestly can't find anything in this publish that looks like something I want or "need." I feel like I must somehow be missing something in the publish notes because all it looks like to me is that there's going to be a bunch of new recipes that don't really do anything useful and some new pumpkin stuff. Hurray??? I can't even get excited about new castle designs because I'll never the gold to sink into one of those plus where the heck would I put stuff while converting to one.

Sorry to be so negative. I'm just really bummed out about UO at this point. I want to be interested in it again. But anymore even when I have time to play, I find myself starting it up and then closing it down at the login screen because I can't think of anything to do in UO. And I used to spend so much time on it in the past. I'm within months of finally qualifying for shard shields on two accounts and yet I'm asking myself why even bother to keep the accounts on to make sure that happens. I just feel like I don't even belong in the game anymore, I'm so out of date on everything. And if you don't play at a regular time with a regular group of people, it just all seems so pointless.
Oh I agree but people will give you hell for saying so... And top that off with they added 2 new items to the Trick or Treating whoopdee doo da... this just means you will have 900 more of the crap from the last 8 years along with a .0005 chance of getting one of the two new items unless you spend all day every day for the entire month of October doing nothing but Trick or Treating... because the list of possible drops is SO big that getting the 2 new things will be damn near impossible and at GM Begging you have just as much chance in hades of gettnig them as someone with NO begging really because the RNG is broken as all get out.

Oh and lets then try to get the new pumpkins out of the bunch that has been around forever you'll need to gather 100's of pumpkins and kits not like you can just carve the new ones no you'll be the victim of the RNG for that too and chances of you getting one of the new designs will be about 0.00005% on a Wed during a full moon... unless you are one of the "lucky" ones.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I agree but people will give you hell for saying so... And top that off with they added 2 new items to the Trick or Treating whoopdee doo da... this just means you will have 900 more of the crap from the last 8 years along with a .0005 chance of getting one of the two new items unless you spend all day every day for the entire month of October doing nothing but Trick or Treating... because the list of possible drops is SO big that getting the 2 new things will be damn near impossible and at GM Begging you have just as much chance in hades of gettnig them as someone with NO begging really because the RNG is broken as all get out.

Oh and lets then try to get the new pumpkins out of the bunch that has been around forever you'll need to gather 100's of pumpkins and kits not like you can just carve the new ones no you'll be the victim of the RNG for that too and chances of you getting one of the new designs will be about 0.00005% on a Wed during a full moon... unless you are one of the "lucky" ones.
So I gather you won't be futzing around with pumpkins? ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any point to logging in at this time other than to collect anniversary tokens if you didn't spend the entire summer hunting plunder beacons ir digging up treasure chests; you don't own any artifacts; you've never hunted Charybdis, Corgul or Scalis and don't think you will be hunting them anytime soon
If you play between 6pm and midnight Central come to LS and I will give anyone Soulbinders for 60 sand and 8 coins for any 8 Cargo. We did 3 Scalis last night and I had others on my ship filling them. Future community hunts involve the other 2 Bosses. All ability levels are welcome at our Community Hunts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you play between 6pm and midnight Central come to LS and I will give anyone Soulbinders for 60 sand and 8 coins for any 8 Cargo. We did 3 Scalis last night and I had others on my ship filling them. Future community hunts involve the other 2 Bosses. All ability levels are welcome at our Community Hunts.
Sometime I might come join you still have my tamer over there. Like to work on trying to get recipes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometime I might come join you still have my tamer over there. Like to work on trying to get recipes.
Ya I wish all the stuff was on the vendor. I wanted to be a Pumpkin Headed Pumpkin Headed Pirate killer.

So just recipes for now.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm excited to see all of the trick or treat scripters running around non stop.....said no one ever. Yeah yeah I know, you do it all by hand and yet you'll still have a full set of this and that for sale by the following day.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was excited about that belt but it looks awful
I think it's quite nice undyed:

Screenshot (301).png

Here is the mace belt dyed--I'd call the dyed versions of the sword and mace belts unusable personally:

Screenshot (306).png

I think the dagger belt can get away with it because the dagger is pretty subtle on it:

Screenshot (292).png

But yeah... I really wish they'd made it so the weapon and scabbard parts didn't dye with the rest of the belt. I'll only be using plain for most purposes, with the possible exception of the dagger belt. The sword belt MIGHT be okay in a dull/neutral color, but I'd have to experiment with it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's quite nice undyed:

View attachment 102102

Here is the mace belt dyed--I'd call the dyed versions of the sword and mace belts unusable personally:

View attachment 102104

I think the dagger belt can get away with it because the dagger is pretty subtle on it:

View attachment 102105

But yeah... I really wish they'd made it so the weapon and scabbard parts didn't dye with the rest of the belt. I'll only be using plain for most purposes, with the possible exception of the dagger belt. The sword belt MIGHT be okay in a dull/neutral color, but I'd have to experiment with it.
I hate the dipped in paint look that's just lazy designing... and whoever signed off on that should be whacked upside the head. They should know better.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am one of the many that had to force myself to log in for awhile.
We've been doing beacons for most of this year. They become a soul sucking grind after a few weeks, and yet here we are. For this publish we need to do more of them. A lot more. And for what? More deco? I really can't justify spending 40 hours doing something very boring to get a recipe that would change my apron into a belt. I know they don't want to have a power creep, but give us something useful, a QOL item, something!

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am one of the many that had to force myself to log in for awhile.
We've been doing beacons for most of this year. They become a soul sucking grind after a few weeks, and yet here we are. For this publish we need to do more of them. A lot more. And for what? More deco? I really can't justify spending 40 hours doing something very boring to get a recipe that would change my apron into a belt. I know they don't want to have a power creep, but give us something useful, a QOL item, something!
The blackthorn dungeon NPC is asking for 45 Mythical cargo worth of points as entrance fee, or I need to spend multi millions of gold to buy the fellowship coins. If there is no other way to get, this will be a horrible idea.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That sux. I trade 8 coins for 8 cargo on LS.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 coin to get to the area leading to the captain's, 8 coins to get the medallion.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No you just only need the 1. I went back 2 days later could still go in.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you get a Ship Relief with your name on it or did I just misread that?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The carving from the pirate in Buc's den can come with your name on it, I got one. Not sure on anything else tho

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The carving from the pirate in Buc's den can come with your name on it, I got one. Not sure on anything else tho
Yeah I have one of the Wood Carvings with Jack's name on it, just wondered (or thought I read somewhere) that the Ship Reliefs could too. Guess I'll still open all my tokens with Jack just to be safe lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:danceb:WOOOHOOO:danceb:

We got the new crab from Charybdis

He in this pic somewhere:

upload_2019-10-9_20-4-50.png