• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone who knows the Enhanced Client know if there is an "ITEM SEARCH" function ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know whether, within the Enhanced Client or with the wonderfull Pinco's UI there is a function that allows one to "search" with a key word, for a given item hidden somewhere in some container in some chest either at one's own Home or in the Bank ?

Thanks.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, there is a container search function in base EC but you do have to open all containers inside the container to have it search through them

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there is a container search function in base EC but you do have to open all containers inside the container to have it search through them
Thanks for the info, but if I need to open up all containers, that pretty much equals to doing a manual search for a given item......

I seemed to remember reading that (perhaps through Pinco's UIs ? Not sure), it was possible to sit in the middle of one's own home, enter a key word for whatever item one was looking for, and the function would tell what container, even if inside other containers, had such item....

I am remembering it as wrong ?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the info, but if I need to open up all containers, that pretty much equals to doing a manual search for a given item......

I seemed to remember reading that (perhaps through Pinco's UIs ? Not sure), it was possible to sit in the middle of one's own home, enter a key word for whatever item one was looking for, and the function would tell what container, even if inside other containers, had such item....

I am not sure about the ability of Pinco’s to do that maybe @Pinco would be the best one to answer

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

that cannot be done, the UI can't access containers that are not open or inside your backpack...

You can only use the container search on each container to search for what you are looking for.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
that cannot be done, the UI can't access containers that are not open or inside your backpack...

You can only use the container search on each container to search for what you are looking for.
Well with that in mind could there be a search agent that then would let you click on each container and search for an item? So you could then just keep clicking without having to reinput the search criteria?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well with that in mind could there be a search agent that then would let you click on each container and search for an item? So you could then just keep clicking without having to reinput the search criteria?
That would be "at least" a time saver.... enter a search keyword for an item, click a container and let the script search for it... just need to go around clicking every contained in the house.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have read the announcements on discord that's already planned for the rework of the system... :p
Unfortunately I had to delay that rework waiting for the EJ removal portal on TC :(