• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potion of Glorious Fortune

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone used this new item from the UO Store? Is it only good for so many uses and/or time and then you have to purchase more?

Thanks!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
it was used for the Treasures of Khaldun last year.
it gave you a bonus towards points from killing creatures.
basically boosted your drop rate, for turn ins

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was used for the Treasures of Khaldun last year.
it gave you a bonus towards points from killing creatures.
basically boosted your drop rate, for turn ins
Thanks! I didn't use those last year. How long do they last?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 hour. Which, to be honest, is too short for the price.

But people will still buy them.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when I posted here, I wasn't aware that they are to be used for this content too
nice

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1 hour. Which, to be honest, is too short for the price.

But people will still buy them.
Was fine last year when you could pop it at the start of the champ spawn when there was plenty of stuff to be killing and you got loads of goodies... but this year it's stupid short because it'll proabably take you and hour just to find a pirate or something to kill .... take most of that time killing it too.... especially if you aren't a tamer with good pets and don't have 3 or 4 people doing it... Maybe it might be ok if you waited to hit the bottle till you went on a corgul run or something but to do that while killing scalis or charybdis it would be a waste... should last 5 hours that might make it worth while but for an hour? Not worth it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can kill 3-4 scalis in an hour if you and some friends use ship cannon on them, and toss nets quickly (typically, when I host white net hunts for my tiny shard, the leviathans die in about 1-2 minutes).

Scalis without cannon can take an hour or more each.