• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone happen to have a backup of UOKR?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for your offer, the issue is that this CD is most likely 2.53.0.2 to my knowledge there were no other CD releases of the client.

OSI/EA don't have any old patches left (they claim they have deleted all) after the closing of their old patch server. The only possible way is to find already installed versions or backups. The best way is by finding the RTP/PAT files but this it is really unlikely, this files were stored in the patch directory and deleted after each patch.

I have collected patches and clients for a long time now and just started to look into the Kindown Reborn client.

Kingdom Reborn had the following known patches:
  • 1.0.0.16 (LAST BETA)
  • 2.45.3.13 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.45.4.2 (FULL INSTALL SAVED) (OSI-DOWNLOAD)
  • 2.45.4.4 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.45.5.6 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.45.6.3 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.46.0.3 (FULL INSTALL SAVED) (OSI-DOWNLOAD)
  • 2.46.1.6 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.46.1.9 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.47.0.8 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.47.1.10 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.47.1.6 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.48.0.3 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.48.0.7 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.50.0.3 (DIRECTORY SAVED)
  • 2.51.0.3 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.52.0.4 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.53.0.2 (FULL INSTALL SAVED) (OSI-DOWNLOAD/OSI-CD)
  • 2.54.0.7 (UOKR.EXE SAVED)
  • 2.57.0.17 (DIRECTORY SAVED) (MOD: Modified sins file version in patchlog stop at 2.45.7.3 and dont match uokr.exe version. Still, there are files that have been updated in 2.53.0.2 for the last time accordingly to a logfile from 2.58.0.6)
  • 2.58.0.6 (DIRECTORY SAVED)
  • 2.60.0.0 (EOL - UOKR DEATH SWITCH)
Can you upload a copy of the fully saved directory, e.g. 2.58.0.6? Curious to see if there any assets worth using with the EC/Mods, especially HUD/Interface elements.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@petemage *sigh* You are not wrong....My husband and I were playing the EC but even though they said the EC would get more attention and the CC would only be supported they did a total 180 on that and kicked the EC to the kerb, Pinco did a lot for the EC, but now they seem to be ignoring him too. We stopped playing now anyway, too many bad decisions and too many accounts owned by cheaters and scripters. It's the community I miss though, Europa had a lot of nice people, community can be hard to find in other games. :(

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@petemage *sigh* You are not wrong....My husband and I were playing the EC but even though they said the EC would get more attention and the CC would only be supported they did a total 180 on that and kicked the EC to the kerb
Aye, I have no clue what made them turn after they once already commited to the EC, but it happened. DaoC uses the same technology stack and has many more active developers within Broadsword, so it would only seem natural to benefit from that knowhow and streamline both development processes.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I suspect happened is that during the development of Stygian Abyss, which initially was to be for the KR client only (and begin converting UO to being non-tile based) they realized they didn't have the resources and decided to scrap it (KR actually worked with the closed SA development shard for some time, so I think this happened quite late).

However they knew they couldn't just go back to 2D, so hence why we have the abomination that is the EC now. With lower resolution graphics, and less features then what we had almost a decade ago.
So how does it work where they don't have resources to convert the art for the KR which is in beta/production stage, but they have resources for a completely new client, EC?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss the KR .... Guess they figured cc users didn't like it and made the EC so they would switch but that's not going to happen... I use the EC and without @Pinco I dunno what I'd do cause I can't stand the CC and I used to use it way ago.....

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Buga

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I'm sorry to necro this topic but... does anyone have a download link for KR? I'm looking for the latest version available just before it was discountinued, as Magnus said it should be 2.59.0.2 or even after that.

If anyone is interested the latest I found online is 2.58.0.6 available at archive . org. I'm working into an emulator hoping to bring it back to life.

Cheers

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello, I'm sorry to necro this topic but... does anyone have a download link for KR? I'm looking for the latest version available just before it was discountinued, as Magnus said it should be 2.59.0.2 or even after that.

If anyone is interested the latest I found online is 2.58.0.6 available at archive . org. I'm working into an emulator hoping to bring it back to life.

Cheers
Good luck! Hope you get it running I'd love to give kr a try again!

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Cheers
I was never able to find a new version unfortunately. However, from the patch notes there appears to be minimal changes to the client over the last few patches. I believe they were mostly to deal with content updates leading up to the release of Stygian Abyss.

But, please do keep us in the loop - I still miss UOKR a lot. In a perfect world we'd be able to just import/activate the art in UOSA and keep going. One can dream, right?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just waiting on Shards Online. Brinkmann seems to get it, at least.
This thing?

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thing?

Shards Online (now Legends of Aria) is a MMORPG sandbox/toolkit that was created by a couple former Ultima Online developers - I believe Draconi and Supreem were involved at some point?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We tried Shards Online, it seems to be very buggy/broken in places, we played for about a month and then gave up, there were too few people still playing and the Dev team appeared to have moved on to a new project.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We tried Ultima Shards Online, it seems to be very buggy/broken in places, people we played for about a month and then gave up, there were too few people still playing and the Dev team appeared to have moved on to a new project.
I've fixed your post to make it more accurate :hahaha: