• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] 120 Fishing PS for sale which comes handy nowadays, for Charybdis and the new Mempo drops....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this guy is trying to sell this 120 for 90-100 mil since last year
That was not me as I only have had it for a few months and stopped trying to sell it because I was suggested to hold on to it by other players more knowledged then me, and wait, because of the upcoming new content and changes to Legendary Fisherman status with the ongoing Rising Tide Event.

And, infact, the soon to be released Publish not only has re-introduced the Mempo of Fortune drop from Charybdis which last dropped in 2009 with Treasures of Tokuno III (and Charybdis needs a 120 Fishing skill to be summoned....) but, has also introduced several new Rare Aquarium Fishes (Elkhorn Coral, Leafy Sea Dragon, Hippo Tang, Chironex Jelly, Chocolate Chip Seastar, Eagle Ray, Flamingo Tongue, Staghorn Coral, Mandarin Fish, Orange Elephant Ear Sponge, Cleaner Shrimp) which will require 115+ Fishing skill to be fished up (of course, the higher the Fishing skil the better the chances to fish up any of these new Rare Aquarium Fish....) and which, I assume, will fetch nice gold upon selling them to Aquarium owners...

All this, obviously, has increased the value for the 120 Fishing Powerscroll which was already high, being "THE" most difficult Powerscroll to get in the game....

Just for the record, currently on Atlantic 105s are on vendors for 2 millions a piece, 110s there is 2, one for 20 millions and another for 21 millions.

The very rare 120 Fishing Powerscrolls that at times happen to show up on Vendors on Atlantic used to be 80 to 100 millions but now, with the upcoming patch, have gone further up in price because of the good coming to being a Legendary Fisherman with the soon to be release Publish....

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH. Just becasue items are used in an upcoming publish, doesnt mean that the price should go up. This is just greed. If you keep an eye on VS you can get 120 fishing for about 50M on ATL.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH. Just becasue items are used in an upcoming publish, doesnt mean that the price should go up. This is just greed. If you keep an eye on VS you can get 120 fishing for about 50M on ATL.
I usually keep an eye on Atlantic for Fishing scrolls and, most of the time, I see them around 80ish, I have seen them also on vendor for 120 and this, long before the new Mempo drops where announced for Charybdis (which needs a 120 skill to be summoned....) as well as the new Rare Aquarium fishes which require a Fishing skill 115+ to be fished up were to be known.....

I do not see anything wrong with an item becoming more in demand because of changes that regard that given item in a Publish... and, especially if that given item is a rare drop, usually, because of the demand and offer mechanics, if an item that is a rare drop becomes of a higher demand (because of the Publish), it is a natural consequence that its price was to go up....

Or is the Demand and Offer mechanics no longer a valid one ?

Furthermore, 120 Fishing, thanking to the exceptional time and grinding it takes to get one (and which is not scriptable due to the Crabs and Lobsters clever mechanics...I cannot stop thanking the Developers for their Widsom and ingenuity in coming up with that clever mechanics to make this content NOT scriptable....), is one of the VERY few items which players not much into fighting can use to get gold to then purchase other items which they need to play UO which usually can be quite expensive....

Even EM Event items need fighting and most other high value items require fighting.

Fishing, thank God, has at least "something" of a high value which can be gotten without having to have to fight.... and that high value can be of the outmost importance to many players not much into fighting to fetch that gold which they might need to then purchase other items that are expensive in UO.

I do not script nor dupe, I only and strictly play Ultima Online "as intended". Resource gathering has been devalued by scripters, IDOCs also, many other things have been devalued by either scripters or dupers, Crafting has been devalued by Legendary items' drops and a player who plays the legit way and is not much into fighting has little to hardly any way to earn significant amounts of gold which might then be needed to purchase other expensive items in the game.

The 120 Legendary Fishing Powerscroll is one of those extremely few items in UO which can gather a high value without having to necessarily fight thanking to the brilliant and ingenuous Design mechanics to get it conceived by the Developers for which, I will never stop thanking them.....

So, rather then seeing it as an issue of greed, one might see it as an issue of necessity.... to have a way to earn a good amount of gold without fighting that is then needed to purchase other things in the game which are expensive....

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 fish usually sells for 70m. bought them as low as 55 in past month or two
It looks like that prices have changed... their usual price was more like 80 to 100m at least on Atlantic, but now, with the upcoming Publish and the new content for 120 Fishing, the prices look to me to have gone up on Atlantic....

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
It looks like that prices have changed... their usual price was more like 80 to 100m at least on Atlantic, but now, with the upcoming Publish and the new content for 120 Fishing, the prices look to me to have gone up on Atlantic....
you come off as over selling...

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wanted to wish popps gl and am giving him a pat on the back when it sells for 65+m....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When the publish hits, and there will be no more 120 Fishing PS available, watch and see what happens to pricing..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The only thing that may cause the 120 fishing PS to stay 60-80 M, is if the Charybdis encounter stays the crappy, unproductive, grindy affair that it had been in the past. So it will depend a lot on the new publish.