• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

has anyone tested the soulbinders yet?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
supposedly, they were going to put a clicky on TC1 to dispense them so people could test using them but I haven't seen a single post from anyone who has tried it

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are needed for an upcoming event. You craft them, kill soulbound creatures and the soulbinder collects the souls. And yes I have already tried them on TC.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nothings like a soulbound pumpkin NPC pirate with 999999 hps unkillable for a mage :bs:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nothings like a soulbound pumpkin NPC pirate with 999999 hps unkillable for a mage :bs:
If a Pumpkin NPC Pirate is unkillable for a Mage Template, then what Template is most effective to kill a NPC "Pumpkin" Pirate ?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put an orc ship in my pack and then copied my usual ship crew to TC1 yesterday. I used a Mystic-Tamer with skree pet and a mystic-Thrower on 2nd acct. I put a couple empty soulbinders on each char and then took out a pirate ship and a beacon and prob 8-10 sea spawn critters. The Halloween orc pirates are harder to kill and they heal up fast, but killable by using my pet as the meat shield. Each character had a legendary soulbinder after the 2nd encounter and better than usual cargo drops. I'm not planning on changing my crew complement once it goes live other than substituting a phoenix as the pet of choice.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I put an orc ship in my pack and then copied my usual ship crew to TC1 yesterday. I used a Mystic-Tamer with skree pet and a mystic-Thrower on 2nd acct. I put a couple empty soulbinders on each char and then took out a pirate ship and a beacon and prob 8-10 sea spawn critters. The Halloween orc pirates are harder to kill and they heal up fast, but killable by using my pet as the meat shield. Each character had a legendary soulbinder after the 2nd encounter and better than usual cargo drops. I'm not planning on changing my crew complement once it goes live other than substituting a phoenix as the pet of choice.
Mystic tamer..Interesting idea. How does it work? Once you cast RC, it takes 5 slots and you cannot use a pet, I thought. Also if you have a pet, you cannot cast RC. You can just get the perks of the Stone Form, healing stones, and the 2-3 AOE spells that are almost worthless. You can though rock-bombs, more damage with a ton of SDI. Any info on mystic tamer greatly appreciated. Thinking of building one but the details escape me. What is your template and how do you use mystic with taming? Appreciate the info.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mystic tamer..Interesting idea. How does it work? Once you cast RC, it takes 5 slots and you cannot use a pet, I thought. Also if you have a pet, you cannot cast RC. You can just get the perks of the Stone Form, healing stones, and the 2-3 AOE spells that are almost worthless. You can though rock-bombs, more damage with a ton of SDI. Any info on mystic tamer greatly appreciated. Thinking of building one but the details escape me. What is your template and how do you use mystic with taming? Appreciate the info.
Mystic Tamer in Stone Form with a Unicorn both tamer and pet 100% immune to Poison are great for certain spawns... where one might find themselves poisoned... I personally LOVE the combination when doing something like the Turtle spawn... No worries for dimes...

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Malag says, I use Mysticism purely for the stone form for the near 100% poison proof ability and also for the cleanse spell that heals and cures and removes curses with one spell. With an orc slayer spell book in hand and grapes of wrath, the mystic offensive spells work quite well vs. orcs. 120/120/120 tame/lore/vet, 115 mage, 120 mystic,120 focus, 5 points in Med 0 eval. Suit heavy on MR, Mana and Luck.

Last edited: