• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your favourites Macros

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I'm trying to build a list of macros that could be useful, then I'll add them to the list of "Import Macros" so they will be available by default for every character.

I want to do this mostly because people seems to have trouble making macros for what they want (or need) to do, or they just tend to make the overcomplicated :D

For now the suggestions I got are:

- Lumberjacking and make boards
- Mining and smelt (with fire beetle)
- Attack nearest enemy
- All kill nearest enemy
- Greater heal most damage friend/follower
- Greater cure poisoned friend/follower
- bandage nearest friend/follower
- last spell -> current target

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
bandage nearest follower

I keep forgetting how to do that one.
I use bandages in first aid belt

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a macro for mounting and dismounting my pets on my Tamer. This was life changing when I started using it.

My other macro that I use very frequently is last spell, current target and set to repeat 10x. This is helpful for my Tamer to greater heal my pet. It’s also helpful for a group hunt if I’m spamming spells on a boss.

All of my dexxers have a similar macro that costs Consecrate Weapon 10x with a pause in between.

enfo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Would this eventually be available to classic client, I have no objection to EC and all its bonuses, would like the same additions to classic client so it would be the same across the board and available to everyone

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bandage nearest follower

I keep forgetting how to do that one.
I use bandages in first aid belt
did they ever fix the bandage target macro for picking the bandages into the first aid belt? :D

I have a macro for mounting and dismounting my pets on my Tamer. This was life changing when I started using it.

My other macro that I use very frequently is last spell, current target and set to repeat 10x. This is helpful for my Tamer to greater heal my pet. It’s also helpful for a group hunt if I’m spamming spells on a boss.

All of my dexxers have a similar macro that costs Consecrate Weapon 10x with a pause in between.
the mount dismount macro is old stuff, with my UI you can just press Z to do both :p

the spam for consecrate weapon isn't a bit a waste of money since it's basically 100% success chance with a very low skill? :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would this eventually be available to classic client, I have no objection to EC and all its bonuses, would like the same additions to classic client so it would be the same across the board and available to everyone
It's quite possible it will never happen to CC, even the default UI is stuck at the stone age :D

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
did they ever fix the bandage target macro for picking the bandages into the first aid belt? :D

the mount dismount macro is old stuff, with my UI you can just press Z to do both :p

the spam for consecrate weapon isn't a bit a waste of money since it's basically 100% success chance with a very low skill? :D
I need to stop procrastinating and download your UI.

I have a delay on my CW cast so it casts it again when it wears off.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to stop procrastinating and download your UI.

I have a delay on my CW cast so it casts it again when it wears off.
ah ok, that makes sense :D
even tho the duration changes with karma so I don't know if it's really worth making such macro...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

I'm not sure.
I usually use CC, cause too long playing EC hurts my eyes.

when my hubby got us new computers last Nov, I forgot to copy my files.
And I couldn't remember how the old macro went.
And I just keep forgetting to look for it... I found the one I used here on stratics.

What I've been doing is just dropping the enhanced bandage into the F1 slot
And when I first log in, I open the bag and use a bandage.
but the last time I used it, I didn't do that & it automatically started using them.
First Aid Belt doesn't have to be open in EC, but it does in CC.

The macro I used was lot faster.
something about bandage nearest follower
and followed by cast spell, greater heal.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing 10-30 times
Fishing 10-30 times with ship moving
Fishing 10-30 times with bait

I have these working now but they seem to get broke a lot and actions seem to change making them unusable.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The lumberjacking and mining macros need to check for all accessible locations.

I have a macro now, but it seems to only try to dig at one spot. Often there are 5 or 6 spots within reach, but the existing macros won't check those.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lumberjacking and mining macros need to check for all accessible locations.

I have a macro now, but it seems to only try to dig at one spot. Often there are 5 or 6 spots within reach, but the existing macros won't check those.
Why don't just use target by resource combined with the new target ore and target fire beetle? :D

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why don't just use target by resource combined with the new target ore and target fire beetle? :D
That's what I do, target by resource. But it only digs one spot until empty. Manually I can target another 4 spots without moving, but target by resource doesn't even try to dig them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I do, target by resource. But it only digs one spot until empty. Manually I can target another 4 spots without moving, but target by resource doesn't even try to dig them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
yeah I'm not sure where it points, but unfortunately there is no "target ground" or anything :(

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So I use a simpler macro, a "dig last" 10x.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dfgd

It's quite possible it will never happen to CC, even the default UI is stuck at the stone age :D
Nono, its the Enchanted Client and everyone that want to play UO in easymode.

So, I'm trying to build a list of macros that could be useful, then I'll add them to the list of "Import Macros" so they will be available by default for every character.

I want to do this mostly because people seems to have trouble making macros for what they want (or need) to do, or they just tend to make the overcomplicated :D

- Attack nearest enemy
- All kill nearest enemy
wtf is this? hey I want a macro that kills all people on screen meanwhile it heals all friendly players, then after its done it loots all enemies, if necessary recall to bank and back with loot or use a bos, after its done it can find an inn and log out.

Cant believe devs accept this kind of bs, is there no end to how easy people want it. I say forget your macros and allow people to play the game instead.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dfgd

Nono, its the Enchanted Client and everyone that want to play UO in easymode.

wtf is this? hey I want a macro that kills all people on screen meanwhile it heals all friendly players, then after its done it loots all enemies, if necessary recall to bank and back with loot or use a bos, after its done it can find an inn and log out.

Cant believe devs accept this kind of bs, is there no end to how easy people want it. I say forget your macros and allow people to play the game instead.

lol the game is just overcomplicated and full with outdated click-drag mechanincs in need of improvement... the day you'll get a carpal tunnel you'll understand why you need this :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
lol the game is just overcomplicated and full with outdated click-drag mechanincs in need of improvement... the day you'll get a carpal tunnel you'll understand why you need this :D
Or when you have had to have your Ulnar nerve moved. Then is when you understand.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The classic client macro that I get the most use of is "Last object, Last Target".

It's the Swiss Army Knife of macros, useful for everything from mining to fishing to vetting to cutting up the corpse you just opened for leather, and dozens of other uses.

I'd like to have something similar in EC but I think the macro system in the EC is a lot more specific in commands, to the point where it might not be as useful.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The classic client macro that I get the most use of is "Last object, Last Target".

It's the Swiss Army Knife of macros, useful for everything from mining to fishing to vetting to cutting up the corpse you just opened for leather, and dozens of other uses.

I'd like to have something similar in EC but I think the macro system in the EC is a lot more specific in commands, to the point where it might not be as useful.
It works, kinda. it is very slow and you cannot hold it down and have it do things like mine or LJ as quickly, but those can be done with target by resource. the big thing that about this is the salty peters mining. it makes it a little more of a chore since it hasn't been added to teh target by resource macro.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
is there a macro or a way to put all the bods in the backpack into bulk order book? I sort a lot of bods between books, taking them out is easy but then putting them back is a dif story. Able to lock them and still use was a great idea, helped a lot, now just need a way to put them back in the book with one click. thank you for any advice

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is there a macro or a way to put all the bods in the backpack into bulk order book? I sort a lot of bods between books, taking them out is easy but then putting them back is a dif story. Able to lock them and still use was a great idea, helped a lot, now just need a way to put them back in the book with one click. thank you for any advice
you can use the organizers to do that, add bods to the organizer and set your bod book as default container

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Thargor you should be able to do that with an Organizer Agent. Don't set the "Drop Container" and then click the "Add by type" and target the bod. Use the Agent and target the BoD book and it will put all the bods into the book.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Forgive the noob, I dont think I can make it work. I added bods to organizer, renamed it , then when i click on on it asks me to target container, I do that and point to bod book but it tells me "this is not accessible container!". What i am doing wrong?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive the noob, I dont think I can make it work. I added bods to organizer, renamed it , then when i click on on it asks me to target container, I do that and point to bod book but it tells me "this is not accessible container!". What i am doing wrong?
I think I put a limitation to containers only with the last patch... I will remove it on the next patch so you can target other stuff too :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

- Lumberjacking and make boards
- Mining and smelt (with fire beetle)
- Attack nearest enemy
- All kill nearest enemy
Ones I use frequently in addition to above:
Attack current target,
Honor, then attack current target,
Bandage most damaged follower
GHeal most damaged follower (I had trouble getting this one work in the past. May have been fixed since then)
Escape (recall or SJ on a runebook).
Put on and take off Stone Boots

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Say Trick or Treat target nearest mobile/npc...

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
got the agent working to put bods into books, much easier now, saves a lot of clicking

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@railshot does the trick with stone boots still work? several months ago people were complaining that it worked somewhat-can put on and off but then no wep special were working. havent tried myself yet

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@railshot does the trick with stone boots still work? several months ago people were complaining that it worked somewhat-can put on and off but then no wep special were working. havent tried myself yet
I am not sure what is the connection with weapon specials ( I use it for the spider webs), but I just had to adjust the timing after the the dressing nerf, and then it worked.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a macro. But I love pushing "Make Max' in a crafting menu and just sitting there watching my crafter go to town with minimal clicking and I just have to wait til he or she runs out of suplies or breaks the tool. Sure beats the old days..... :D

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a suggestion/question. is there a way to make a one click macro to automatically prep and fire the cannons under the new system? i want to set up a macro to fire my cannons a set number of times with one push of a button so i can minimize the use of ammo

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Bump stock macro? o.0

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a suggestion/question. is there a way to make a one click macro to automatically prep and fire the cannons under the new system? i want to set up a macro to fire my cannons a set number of times with one push of a button so i can minimize the use of ammo
well the gump has only 2 buttons so it's quite simple, but it requires an action for that (better 2 1 for prep and 1 for fire...) :D

Bump stock macro? o.0
lol

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn straight . . .
From what I have seen since returning there must be a 300% Cannon SSI jewel out there that some folks are using. Some of the rates of fire I have seen at the beacons makes Garth look like a cannon noob. Heck I am pretty efficient on the cannons and see some that fire 3-4 shots to my 1. Something fishky there.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Tyrath if you move your ship forward and back and turn it around you can use 4 cannons instead of just one, and the movement if put in a macro doesnt take long time to execute. Just double your firing rate by going 3 or maybe 4 times back and forward is an easy start.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath if you move your ship forward and back and turn it around you can use 4 cannons instead of just one, and the movement if put in a macro doesnt take long time to execute. Just double your firing rate by going 3 or maybe 4 times back and forward is an easy start.
Yeah because I am total ship noob :) I am talking about them parked center of the beacon firing one cannon 3x - 4X faster that I can fire a single cannon. Not talking flipping and multi cannons....... And Cough I can use all 7 cannons on a Orc Ship using a couple of accounts, switching and macros....... if I want to put that much effort into it.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah because I am total ship noob :) I am talking about them parked center of the beacon firing one cannon 3x - 4X faster that I can fire a single cannon. Not talking flipping and multi cannons....... And Cough I can use all 7 cannons on a Orc Ship using a couple of accounts, switching and macros....... if I want to put that much effort into it.
I recall seeing something in the cannon loading dialog that you can have additional characters assist loading, i.e. if multipe people are charging the same cannon it goes faster. I never tried it though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recall seeing something in the cannon loading dialog that you can have additional characters assist loading, i.e. if multiple people are charging the same cannon it goes faster. I never tried it though.
Ya I recall them saying that at the beginning of the new cannons. I never tried it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've tried it and honestly, it helps a tad... not a ton don't know if having a 3rd person help with the cannon makes it faster haven't tried that.

Character Me starts cannon and tells pet to kill it or attacks dangerous mobs...

Character Myself starts helping cannon and tells pet to kill it or whatever has spawned nearby that might kill other characters, waiting to hit fire while healing all other characters...

Character I is an archer and just plucks away at the beacon... This one waits till pets have been on Beacons but will still take a good amount of damage, usually going EoO...

Then Myself fires and instantly starts loading the cannon watching out of mobs that might kill other characters and killing them,

Character Me then starts the assist while healing all other characters... again with being the active lookout... or sending pet to attack beacon...

Rotate then between Me and Myself till beacon is down.

This is the method I typically use.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recall seeing something in the cannon loading dialog that you can have additional characters assist loading, i.e. if multipe people are charging the same cannon it goes faster. I never tried it though.
It does speed it up a bit but not that much looks like it goes about 5%- 7% faster having multiple characters on one cannon. That is just by me timing it several times using 2-3-4-10 character on one cannon and comparing to the fire rate with just one character per cannon. It appears there is zero increase after the second character. Not really worth the hassle if multi clienting. A living crew in PvP it could give a small edge to have 2 people on each cannon. I usually run 3 clients 2 on opposite forward cannons and the bow cannon and two working the 4 back cannons and just use fast switching and macros to fire.

Whatever these folks or doing if they ran the same 4 characters firing the same cannons would still be firing their cannons 3 or 4 shots to my one per cannon. Don't really care in tram but in fel or on Siege whatever they are doing would dominate ship PvP. Thus far I have only seen 3 crews on beacons firing this fast.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well the gump has only 2 buttons so it's quite simple, but it requires an action for that (better 2 1 for prep and 1 for fire...) :D
if you can make one for each so i can drop them in a macro and put a delay between them, it'd be good enough for me.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
How about a macro for treasure hunting. I have one now that uses the shovel and stores the target, but I have to edit the macro and reset the target with each new map. I haven't found a simpler way to do this.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about a macro for treasure hunting. I have one now that uses the shovel and stores the target, but I have to edit the macro and reset the target with each new map. I haven't found a simpler way to do this.
There is, drop a pick in the macro then wait for target, then target by type. when you put the "target by type" in it gives you a reticle to target the map with then it will automatically target the map in your top pack. You can only have one in your top pack so you'll need to keep maps in a secondary bag and only one at a time in the main backpack.

upload_2019-9-16_18-20-38.png

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
There is, drop a pick in the macro then wait for target, then target by type. when you put the "target by type" in it gives you a reticle to target the map with then it will automatically target the map in your top pack. You can only have one in your top pack so you'll need to keep maps in a secondary bag and only one at a time in the main backpack.

View attachment 102027
Awesome and thank you. I tried the same macro without the wait for target, and it didn't work of course.