• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

castle design contest top 20

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
#15 got mine votes, if there is more than one shot of a castle it is because I like it! I have to upload the rest in another post as you can only upload 20 images per 9-5-190001.jpg 9-5-190002.jpg 9-5-190003.jpg 9-5-190004.jpg 9-5-190005.jpg 9-5-190006.jpg 9-5-190007.jpg 9-5-190008.jpg 9-5-190009.jpg 9-5-190010.jpg 9-5-190011.jpg 9-5-190012.jpg 9-5-190013.jpg 9-5-190014.jpg 9-5-190015.jpg 9-5-190016.jpg 9-5-190017.jpg 9-5-190018.jpg 9-5-190019.jpg 9-5-190020.jpg

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you Cinderella and Drakelord for posting these.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sighs.....still no drawbrige and port cullas....would be soooo easy to code

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#4 may just be the one for me, at last. I hope it wins.

It meets most of my criteria:
- use of stonewall tiles, looks like a castle with sense of design, not just a big box
- multiple front entrances, big spaces,big roof, easy to find stairs, easy to get around.
- and more importantly, more than 2 tiles of grass on the South/Edge edges for decos. Call me paranoid, but any potential thieves can grab your stuff within 2 tiles standing outside.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
#7 does have multiple entrances and exits... you just can't see them unless you look.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how many storage sheds can you fit onto the top floor of Castle Stronghold??

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Betting a whole heck of a lot... the top floor is nearly completely open and close to the entire plot size.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
After I saw you ask that, it made me wonder too, so I played around with paint program.
this is what I came up with for that design, to get the most fitted on there...
since they are 4X3, I left room to be able to get into the containers, if needed...
I'm actually surprise there is room for that many... just imagine how many garden beds you can put up there
East.jpg

After looking at it, i'd take the ones with South facing and turn them east and put next to the other rows.
That way they are all facing the same direction.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard there was a plan to make the sheds storage areas much smaller. No need for the large shed. Same storage. Like a box? Idk, and Idk how true this is. Just saying. You could have bazillions maybe. In a 7by7...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I heard there was a plan to make the sheds storage areas much smaller. No need for the large shed. Same storage. Like a box? Idk, and Idk how true this is. Just saying. You could have bazillions maybe. In a 7by7...
someone asked at a meet and greet a few months ago, if they could have a smaller version, like a dog house.
Mesanna liked the idea.
And then it was put into the newsletter about having smaller versions.
I forget the exact wording.

I just did this, cause they asked and I was curious.
honestly by doing it, made me realize how many garden beds you can put there hehe

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They all have room for garden beds. Villages might be tricky but I bet you can fit many in.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks so much - wow lets see 40 storage = how much in gold?? rotfl..

Castle Stronghold is close to my ideal of a large box so i can make what ever I want

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
thanks so much - wow lets see 40 storage = how much in gold?? rotfl..

Castle Stronghold is close to my ideal of a large box so i can make what ever I want
That's why I built it the way I did. It's as big as I could get still looks nice and like a castle... and has a TON of display space... and enough room on the roof you could do whatever you desired...