• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Great idea for Gold Sink with the new Treasure hunting?

bourne

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
In the past we had rune libraries fro T-maps. Not any longer.
T-map chests generate 20-40-60 k plus gold for the T-hunter plus the items.
So for gold sink, and also for improved quality of life for those that can afford it here is an idea, good or bad, just an idea.
You get the map and decode it. Must be decoded to do this.
Then the player can go the usual way of going there, usually running through the lands with consequences to time and effort as usually.
Or has a choice now, that the player can single click the map, and be given one more choice of teleporting there for a FEE. Not teleport on the exact spot, but approximate area, then search for the chest the usual way.
Here comes the gold sink:
For level 1 maps : 5-10k
Level 2 maps: 10-15k
Level 3 maps: 20-30k
Level 4 maps: 30-45k
Level 5 maps: 45-60k
Or something along these lines.
To teleport there. The mechanic is there with VS maps, where we can walk to the vendor, or teleport to it for only 1k. So the engine to do this is there already.
Or something similar.
Again everyone will have a choice between walking to the map area or teleporting with a fee, including areas that cannot be teleported into normally.
Comments appreciated.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just use the old Fel and Tram T-Hunting runebooks myself... they still can get you close enough to the spot... In Malas I created my own map and set of runebooks one for the Luna side and one for the Umbra half of the lands... Illsh your pretty well fudged as you have to walk or use the jawbone/gates... Tokuno I use the old hunting books i made ages ago... for each of the various spawn zones and Ter Mur I created a bunch of hunting runes to most of those area's as well when it first came out.

Interesting idea but most T-Hunters I should think have pretty much done what I did.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
its easy to recall near a tmap...after doing it for a week you will soon see they are always at same spot

Last edited:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use uomap and a set of Runic atlas.
I vote no for this kind of gold. Sink. Money IG is far away from the point where it can be removed in any way.
The new castle designs remove some but...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I made my own rune books while I was training t-hunting, three runic atlases, I just marked runes as I went and by the time I got to level 4 maps I had most of the spots in my books, or very close. Running around and seeing the world was part of the fun for me. Finding the spot yourself is part of t-hunting, that seems a bit too much like laziness to me! ;)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And that seems less authentic, that pirates would bury treasure, but for a small fee would not only tell you where it is but take you there so you can dig it up...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not that difficult to get to the area and i've even quit using the Davies locker to find them. been doing this so long i can get it on the first dig about 1 out of 10 times.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I could probably do twice or 3 times as many map so theres really no gold sink here at all. theres many other things I would like to see devs work on.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spend gold to get there or open a atlas with a rune to withing 15-20 seconds run from the location....... Hmmm I will recall or gate there myself.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I was heavily into it I also just had some runebooks and it worked great. What I've seen on TC, they drastically lowered the difficulty of maps, so I was spending more time running and digging than fighting. Needless to say I got bored quick and didn't do a single map after the"revamp" was forced onto us.

Additionally they can't add stuff without breaking other stuff. And sorry to say, but their stuff is so overthought and overcomplicated, it can't keep up with the classic UO systems many of us like. So I'd rather like to see them all work on DAoC and leave UO alone.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not that difficult to get to the area and i've even quit using the Davies locker to find them. been doing this so long i can get it on the first dig about 1 out of 10 times.
Likewise, now that I have the equivalent of mining rolled into Carto, Davies locker is completely redundant. In fact, I'd like a refund of my reward choice as it serves as nothing more than decoration now. Without mining it was pretty much essential.

I personally just have 1 runebook per facet with key locations marked, probably no more than 30 seconds max from any treasure dig.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ive never really looked at the coords from the locker, Ive used them to store the maps, saves me a lot of lockdowns. Now I can look at the coords if i plan to do a couple or more supply/ stash chest and pick some that are close to each other.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Davies Locker wasn't of much use if you used the EC for t-hunting, other than storage, you didn't need the co-ords, you could just compare the maps and get really close, I only kept my SOS's in it as I used the EC.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just like it for the reduced storage... I never used the co-ordinates from it... I just looked at the map and went there, still do. I'm just fine finding the map locations. Usually hit it 9 out of 10 right on the first swing or two.