• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

State of Idoc in game

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just do not understand all these elaborate ideas. I can only imagine the idea of treasure chests etc are coming form NON idoc players. I do not give opinions on PVP as I do not do it.

So how about the DEVs invite idocers ONLY to participate in plans for the future and no-one else? controversial I know
T hunting was balls up because too many casual (I have done 5 t map players) expressed opinions and the Dev's as always go down the path of least resistance and piss off the die hard t hunters. Case in point the latest high level nerf (upgrade)

Also, Stop scripts, stop cheating. That has to be the ONLY way to actual get to the bottom of it. BLOCK all access to 3rd party unapproved software once and for all. If the dev team are incapable of doing this, then own up and get assistance. There is no shame it in. But get it sorted out. I have played this game on and off for 15 odd years and ALWAYS remember complaints and complaining about scripting and cheating. Punkbuster didn't happen because all the scripters cried. If you are not doing anything wrong what's the problem. Roll it out, or the modern equiv and see how it goes
Who gives a rats arse if scripters quit. GOOD. *** em, we don't want them anyway.

Get idocguy/avatar sorted out as well. You know enough now to get rid.
They have a way to do that.... they are afraid to implement it.... because it would require putting an end to the CC.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another idea

Cancel idocs for 6 months
Bankrupt the c**t and his RMT site

watch as all his items for sale dry up as he cannot get anything else

once he is done and has been banned

flick the switch

and revert to 7hr timer etc

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The two solutions are.

1. Police the Game
2. Do as much to remove the edge scripters have.

Obviously #1 has flown out the window. So that leaves Option #2.

What edge do scripters have.

1. The ability to scan the servers for idocs 24/7.
2. Looting Across Multiple Characters as soon as the house falls.
3. The ability to loot afk if it takes 15 hours to drop.
4. The ability to know exactly when a house can be placed.

Fixing #1 and #3 should be easy. They just need Public billboards at the banks with the idoc information. Make the information public knowledge. Can leave the Random Timer, but make it public knowledge for when it will actually drop.

Fixing #2 is a little trickier. Players running multiple characters will always have a larger advantage than single players.
Easiest Option: Increased Object timer when looting at an idoc. Players can only pick up 1 item every 10s. Sure they could use 100 accounts to still vacuum up everything, but gives a better chance.
Medium Option: Grubbers, Lots and Lots of Grubbers, Make them invuln for the first 30s so they can run away from the idoc a decent distance to prevent instant death. Give them more HP
Hardest Option: Create New Content. Turn idocs into a boss encounter, gate pops up, goes to an instanced room, players kill the boss. Boss Corpse looks like a packing crate if you put walls everywhere in the house.

Fixing #4. Make a key. The key, lets the player place at the location.
If they take the Easiest/Medium Option. Make a Super Grubber. Just tons of HP, average resists, no slayer. Put the key on the corpse Loot Generation Wins. Players can pick to try to get the key or focus on loot.
If they take the hardest option. Put the key on the corpse same concept.
Fixing #1 and #3 should be easy.
- This won't stop the scripters.

Fixing #2 is a little trickier.

Medium Option:

Hardest Option:
- This won't stop the scripters (Look at the EM event multiboxers).

Fixing #4.

If they take the hardest option. Put the key on the corpse same concept.
- Good idea but this won't stop the scripters.

To solve the scripting issue that sounds like an idea: Make the idoc house DROP UNPREDICTABLY from instantly to XXX hours, random timer. If/when the house drops to the ground and items not picked up, then everything goes to in game random moderate to high difficulty mobs anywhere in the game, and treasure chests.
That would kill several birds with same pebble including the scripters. Also would increase people actually playing the game and do all sorts of content, including Thunting.
What do you think?

I rather like the idea of a Lotto and/or putting the loot in T-Maps and MIBs...

how about the have server restarts several times a day like other games so the cheat programs cannot keep up. I remember the bliss of doing idocs the day of a publish or patch and the usual cheats don't turn up as they have to timers. And of course they were "working" so could not make it, but alas. the next day all updated.
- This won't stop the cheaters

She will ask us to vote on the decision/suggestion.
I would say :
Cancel all idocs
Remove stage from sign
Back to the original idocs, cancel this 5-10-15 hour bs
- I agree with second and third choice

5-10-15 gives a great advantage to the scripters because they do not need to wait 15 hours, whereas a 'normal' player can not spend his days waiting as much.

What I will think best:

- Make sure that an EJ account can not see any element of a house sign. (Of course, no draw tile or invisible stuff.)
- Remove the IDOC stage from the house sign and add only 1 text saying that the house is being destroyed. (This will not stop the scripters, but they will have to use a 24-hour account (which is no EJ))
- revert to 7-h fall
- No horse / lama pack etc. allowed at IDOC. (This will not stop script writers but will fix these dyson script looter)

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let the house decay for the spot but all items from the house should go in a crate to the owner for when he came back to the game... then when he came back to the game he could buy a house and get his stuff back

Dropkick Murphys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
no matter how mesanna and crew decide it will be dissatisfied for a few again and if not it will not take long until there are any ;)