• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter #40

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i doubt they will remove idocs because they are a playstyle of some players

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
too funny, are they really going to make some the very good items in the game like halo and make them better? u think they would improve other lesser stuff. makes no sense to me except but what do I know. gimmie gimmie gimmie.

upload_2019-8-29_23-32-11.png THIS CANT BE REAL LOL

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I would bet that any stats on the new items will all get nerfed once one group or another starts complaining, they do it every time. We're not allowed to get anything really cool or useful....:(

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone notice the (1) Solicitation that was actioned ? So people reported hundreds of times on Avatar advertising his unauthorized/copyright infringing web sight, and One/1/Uno of his trial accounts was suspended...wow.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
avatar is idocguy so it cannot be hard to find him, they just dont want to. He even dropped the ball and posted an idoc in general chat as Avatar. still no action

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do I feel that idocguy is also Ingotdude ? Anyone remember him ?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I caught Avatar once he spammed his message before hiding , in new Haven , here is where he hide at :

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
idoc guy works for them or with them ...it plainly obvoius at any major Idoc ... hes not bloody hard to target/catch and ban ....LETS BE HONEST

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
too funny, are they really going to make some the very good items in the game like halo and make them better? u think they would improve other lesser stuff. makes no sense to me except but what do I know. gimmie gimmie gimmie.

View attachment 101402 THIS CANT BE REAL LOL

That was a bug which is already fixed on TC.

Per Kyronix on the UO forums:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a bug which is already fixed on TC.

Per Kyronix on the UO forums:
Can someone please explain to me then, what is the point to go through the hassle of obtaining a Recipe which, I understand, will be a hard drop, to then craft an item which is EXACTLY the same properties as the item that it uses as an ingredient (which gets destroyed upon crafting the new item...) ?

Only to have it look different but basically carry the same Exacts magical properties as the starting item ?

I fail to see the point of doing that..... can anyone please give me some good reasons for wanting to do that ?

Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone please explain to me then, what is the point to go through the hassle of obtaining a Recipe which, I understand, will be a hard drop, to then craft an item which is EXACTLY the same properties as the item that it uses as an ingredient (which gets destroyed upon crafting the new item...) ?

Only to have it look different but basically carry the same Exacts magical properties as the starting item ?

I fail to see the point of doing that..... can anyone please give me some good reasons for wanting to do that ?

Thanks.
Because my Tamer doesn't like to wear the Mempo and look like she's got a full on beard going..... it's FUGLY...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kryonix did mention that the there may be we may be able to get mempos in the future.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
For anyone mentioning "idocguy" is the guy from russia spamming gen chat... not in a million years. Idocguy seems like some annoying low level guy whos scripting idocs and is annoying players through... stealing potted plants?

the guy running avatar has been involved in credit card fraud fiascoes involving game time, etc for nearly 20 years. you'd have to be slightly damaged to intentionally be buying from a store involving cc fraud and russia in the same sentence, but its a wild world

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kryonix did mention that the there may be we may be able to get mempos in the future.
I read that post on the cheerleader boards.

Seemed simple enough, but what my mind interpreted it to say, on first reading, was:

"We have put in an item to use up all existing Mempos while at the same time driving prices up. We will consider re-adding these as drops as soon as our cronies have gotten richer selling the existing ones"

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt want to bring it up, but I know a few people who run some of the sites and they will tell you the benefits they receive from doing so including FREE Game Time as long as they are selling items for them.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
People have been asking for a way to transmog/customize their clothing appearance for years, so the best way to do that is obviously to set up some kind of limited time rares recipe with a lot of grinding and high failure rate.

Just give us a SANE transmog option/skill or sell transmog tokens in the store already. Add completely new stuff in new content; let us adjust old content independent of it.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Thanks.
Not to mention you can't just craft the item without having the RNG favor you by dropping the item needed after about 5 months of grinding 4 - 6 hours a day in doom.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Thanks.
You are right. Its part of the flawed thinking behind lots of things concocted in UO and made into elaborate tasks to obtain : Meaningless!
Also: How many people you know have these items anyway? The mempo? Or the other items? 2? maybe 5? This caters to the very few who have them, and also it does NOT do anything special or different than the original item.
Would make a CRAP TON of more sense to CREATE a new mempo-like item or Scholar's Halo - like item from OTHER means without having to use a 50-100 M item that 90% of the player base do NOT have. But nope. This would upset the "balance" and make the original old items cheaper.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also they skipped . over the "Elegant Chest armor of fortune, where you need 1 armor of fortune, and the recipe and the rest of the regs etc..:)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
And another fun thing: The 3 Crimson belts? They will be the same, but look different. But why call them dagger/sword/mace without any other function just deco? And you need the original Crimmy to transform it to the new belt?

Scar Steel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
greed, the new crimson belts do seem as if they could have done better, and let them hold a throwing dagger or two, for example...a la the ninja belt

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are stealing on TC. But there is a long timer between respawn and you just get 1.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grilled Serpent Steak Recipe
  • Raw Sea Serpent Steak – harvested from sea serpents with a bladed object
  • fresh seasoning – dried herbs & salt (purchasable from the sea market)
shouldn't you be able buy them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as we know, you cant buy Dried Herbs. The salt is at the Sea Market. Seasoning needs 3 Herbs to make 1.