• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

State of Idoc in game

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted this on the other fourm and I am sure it will fall on deaf ears there.
But here we go.

I would like to know what is going to be done about IDOC scripters. I been active for the past few weeks and have gone to quite a few IDOC on Alt shard. Here are a few things I have noticed. As soon as a house goes into the greatly stage of decay there is always at lest one person sometimes a lot more camping it. We can tell this buy walking a pet around the base of the house. So there is a afk scripter keeping track of the time change. Once a house is about the fall the same people show up with in 5 to 20 mins of it falling sometimes only sec they apper along with pack miles. A few even open gates to get there scripter bots from the other houses. All the pets have the same name. I have seen one person open a gate and have 3 other characters on auto following. Once there he stops and hides then moves his auto scripters to each side of the house witch then block movement for real players pets . I myself have seen a house fall and right before it goes the scripters are auto looting all chests and other items. I have seen the pack horse stones change a few secs before the house falls. This also happens to lock down vet rewards. Seen the statues (vet rewards) disappear before the house falls then later seen that statue locked down at the one scripter castle. At one idoc that was empty on ice island on alt. Once the house fell all the packeies ran north to the one scripter castle because the house was empty. OSI owned ones are falling at random times. Have seen three one at fairly, one at somewhat and one at greatly fall before going into last stage of decay. This only benefits the afk scripter bots. I myself do now know how a place can be fairly and fall half hour to a hour later. This issue was not there when I did them for years before I retured to the game. Each OSI house has at lest 1 person in the same spot. I have yet to see a OSI idoc go into last stage before it drops. One was a 18x18 malas checked it was at fairly recalled in 30 mins later before going to bed and was gone all that was there was the one scripters account waiting to time out. Who did this benefit no one but the camped scripter. It happend once more last night a 18x18 outside luna walls was only somewhat and fell. I checked it before I loged for the night Log in and it's gone. Am sure the camped bots had a field day with the loot. Had at lest 20 fire paintings. And who knows what other items. At one place I was checking I found some runes on the ground. With names and times on them. I placed them in a rune book and checked they where all for past idoc that have droped. I have not been to one idoc that did not have any kind of scripter at it. If I do not do anything in 15 minutes am loged out. How do the scripters stay loged in with standing in same spot with out doing anything stay loged in. I am just looking for some fairness in the one active I can do. I gave up on spawns and everything else becaue the RNG does not faver me. In 10 years and countless champ spawns all I have goting was one Lt sash rep. All the pinks i seem to collect are for skills with no use. EM events cause to much lag so its unplayable for me. Wife and kids both 4 and 2 and one on the way keep most of my time. So when I can play So the only way for me to make some kind of gold in game is to do idoc but even that is worthless when all your able to grab is a empty chest because there all in packed inside of the scripters pack mules. Most of the items I collect can only be found at idoc because people want way to much gold for an item. How about we just delete OSI because they only benefit the scripter. If this is allowed then add it to game that everyone can run scripts for the fairness of the game. It seems the only way to beat the cheaters is to cheat.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What you say is true. But nothing will be done about it, because of spaghetti code, small team, old code, interwoven undocumented routines.

Oh, and someone threw away the notebooks. There. Think I covered all the excuses.

But to be honest, the team cannot figure out who is doing it, or how. Of this I am certain, because:

In one thread, someone posted that they got a Davies Locker, put their maps all in it, and the maps changed overnight. Response: Can you give us more information, what steps did you take to make this happen? duh...

In another thread, it was said that the beacons kept firing after all the orcs were dead. Response: Can you tell us the steps you took to have that problem? duh.... we killed all the orcs on the beacon LOL.

So yeah, Scripters Online it is.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As soon as a house goes into the great stage of decay there is always at least one person sometimes a lot more camping it.
If you work in your house long enough, you'll eventually see a player running from house to house checking signs. It is an automated script that catalogs every house that it can find, and from what I've seen, it's comprehensive. At any given time, the scripters have a complete picture of what houses are about to decay.

How do the scripters stay logged in withstanding in the same spot without doing anything remain logged in.
This part is easy; most scripts have an anti-logout routine that opens up the main backpack every loop. That's it, that's all you have to do to avoid being logged out for inactivity.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can just move something in your pack and accomplish the same thing. Yep.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's really not that hard to find out who is doing it. I am in security not IT security and I can tell who is doing it. All Mesanna has to do is watch them. I already have two of there main char names and a few of there bot accounts. All she has to do is check there IP address and she would see there all running from the same IP. Even if they have a IP blocker there ways to work around it. Any low level IT grade can found out. There is no way someone is controlling that many accounts at once as simultaneously as there main accounts. With out running some kind of script in the background.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All Mesanna has to do is watch them. I already have two of there main char names and a few of there bot accounts. All she has to do is check there IP address and she would see there all running from the same IP. Even if they have a IP blocker there ways to work around it. Any low level IT grade can found out. There is no way someone is controlling that many accounts at once as simultaneously as there main accounts. With out running some kind of script in the background.
But what if they rather keep the subs from the scripters because they know all we do is moan but then pay our sub anyway? At this point its pretty clear there are no intentions to ban anyone but non-paying EJ accounts. You got to accept it or move on. Story of the OP you read like every six months here, and while he is of course right, it won't change anything.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But what if they rather keep the subs from the scripters because they know all we do is moan but then pay our sub anyway? At this point its pretty clear there are no intentions to ban anyone but non-paying EJ accounts. You got to accept it or move on. Story of the OP you read like every six months here, and while he is of course right, it won't change anything.
I played from 97 to 2003 then came back in 09. I do take breaks but since 09 accounts have been active since I came back give or take a month becasue of CC issues. I joined the fourms here when I came back. There was really no reason for me to read or check up on the game from 03 to 09. Just because I dont post does not mean I check the fourms.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This game has been corrupt for years and it seems that all the changes they make to the game lately cater to the scripters. IDOCS is just one of these changes with their stupid 5, 10, 15 hr drop times. Why not just give the scriptors a time to be their and drop it for them. You always see in their newsletters the amounts of people they banned and whatnot but how many of those are actually happening. We all know, as players, who does what so how is it so hard for them to find as a developer. SIMPLE they are part of it. They allow people to use scripts for personal gain as long as they get something out of it.
Here is an example. Glacial Cloth. Glacial Cloth was being sold on here for months. Now, they knew it was illegal from the start but still allowed it. Only AR knows how much he actually made doing this but was allowed too. Only when people started calling them out on it did something get done. I bet if Clops was to get on these forums, he could tell you all the shady **** they actually do.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I played from 97 to 2003 then came back in 09. I do take breaks but since 09 accounts have been active since I came back give or take a month becasue of CC issues. I joined the fourms here when I came back. There was really no reason for me to read or check up on the game from 03 to 09. Just because I dont post does not mean I check the fourms.
Sorry, wasn't meant to offend you. Was just trying to state that we see those complaints regularly but actions are never taken on it.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, wasn't meant to offend you. Was just trying to state that we see those complaints regularly but actions are never taken on it.
It's fine most dont know me in game because I use to play with only a few people and the past few years i been pretty much solo when i get a chance to play. And most of my time is working on my castle and doing idoc in game because am to cheap to spend what little I make on deco items. Toke time off work becasue of a car crash that almost killed me and my family. And expecting are 3rd daughter anyday now. So once she comes will be even less active in game.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The two solutions are.

1. Police the Game
2. Do as much to remove the edge scripters have.

Obviously #1 has flown out the window. So that leaves Option #2.

What edge do scripters have.

1. The ability to scan the servers for idocs 24/7.
2. Looting Across Multiple Characters as soon as the house falls.
3. The ability to loot afk if it takes 15 hours to drop.
4. The ability to know exactly when a house can be placed.

Fixing #1 and #3 should be easy. They just need Public billboards at the banks with the idoc information. Make the information public knowledge. Can leave the Random Timer, but make it public knowledge for when it will actually drop.

Fixing #2 is a little trickier. Players running multiple characters will always have a larger advantage than single players.
Easiest Option: Increased Object timer when looting at an idoc. Players can only pick up 1 item every 10s. Sure they could use 100 accounts to still vacuum up everything, but gives a better chance.
Medium Option: Grubbers, Lots and Lots of Grubbers, Make them invuln for the first 30s so they can run away from the idoc a decent distance to prevent instant death. Give them more HP
Hardest Option: Create New Content. Turn idocs into a boss encounter, gate pops up, goes to an instanced room, players kill the boss. Boss Corpse looks like a packing crate if you put walls everywhere in the house.

Fixing #4. Make a key. The key, lets the player place at the location.
If they take the Easiest/Medium Option. Make a Super Grubber. Just tons of HP, average resists, no slayer. Put the key on the corpse Loot Generation Wins. Players can pick to try to get the key or focus on loot.
If they take the hardest option. Put the key on the corpse same concept.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what is amazing to me is how long this crap has been going on and nothing is being done about it. the devs have failed us concerning idocs. everything u said about the scripting is true. ideas about grubbers and or boss, they will just bring 10 or more accounts and auto target everything. the 10 sec item pick up delay would help. letting everyone know about the idocs would just bring alot more people/scripters. there are a few groups that get 75% of the idocs and even up to 90%. would be great if the devs showed up at least at the good idocs.
would be interesting if the idoc loot spawned on random creatures throughout the game but not if it can be afk farmed. probably not possible to do though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's like telling them if they want to catch the Multiboxers at events just randomly pick drop events (They KNOW full well when it's going to be a drop night) and assign a GM to attend and watch the event in stealth... or as a "player" and when violators are observed Jail and ban them. Really NOT that difficult. Just randomly pick a few every month say 2 or 3 and you'll catch them ... everyone else knows where they are and pages on them but that does no good at all since most events occur outside normal business hours when there doesn't seem to be any GMs around at all... Which IMO is just stupid.

If they really wanted to fix a lot of these problems they could in no time... but they don't seem to want to fix them. This IDOC issue should have been resolved ages ago. And if they really gave a rats they would ban this person and every single account they run... but the truth of the matter is the guy has all the "knowhow" to go in and just script his own IDOCs and get all his crap back the min his own place falls from being banned so he's never out anything at all... And he'll have the clear advantage knowing exactly when his account was banned.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wonder if the devs can make items inv but with same ID. they could set it by people and see who script loots inv item. like when the various portals are on the front foundation, the ones that are almost always script looted. lol. of coarse they would have to show up.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Idocs shouldn't exist period. Let the houses fall, but the items inside should be saved for the player for whenever they come back to the game.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like the song goes there no rest for the wicked.

So in the Devs mind it's better to cheat then play far.

If you cheat nothing will happen but if you say one thing wrong in game ots harassment gm is called and then its Ban time.

God I miss the old days where they would set fire to the house of scripters. There are at least 3 still on fire to this day on Alt shard might be more

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
There is a UO spinnoff that cannot be mentioned. What the devs there have done, is that there are IDOC's there, and IDOCers lurking around. There is a percentage of demolishing housing that drop rapidly, unpredictably and idocers have no chance of geting everything. Sooo what the devs did is the house contents go to treasure hunting chests, randomly, and also so higher level mobs remotely.
To solve the scripting issue that sounds like an idea: Make the idoc house DROP UNPREDICTABLY from instantly to XXX hours, random timer. If/when the house drops to the ground and items not picked up, then everything goes to in game random moderate to high difficulty mobs anywhere in the game, and treasure chests.
That would kill several birds with same pebble including the scripters. Also would increase people actually playing the game and do all sorts of content, including Thunting.
What do you think?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hmm maybe all houses on all shards drop at same time, what an idea lol

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to bring it up but only the CC let's you run scripts that I know of. They should have taken that into account years ago find a way to stop the 3rd party programs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hate to bring it up but only the CC let's you run scripts that I know of. They should have taken that into account years ago find a way to stop the 3rd party programs.
Only the CC allows you to "follow" .... this allows scripting galore with the CC and it's scripting... This is part of what makes the CC broken. Part of what many use when multiclienting (not multiboxing as this is running all clients on ONE mouse and keyboard so they all travel in unison.) Anyway... its one thing that would not be something they can fix that easily.

However, that's not to say that if they got rid of the CC there would be no more scripting bots... they just would have a heck of a lot more difficulty making new scripts for the EC it's harder.

I rather like the idea of a Lotto and/or putting the loot in T-Maps and MIBs... some could even go to the cavern of the discarded... Some could go to a pool in which bosses get loot... Kill a Lady M get some IDOC loot ... Kill a Navrey get a little IDOC loot... could make things more interesting.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a UO spinnoff that cannot be mentioned. What the devs there have done, is that there are IDOC's there, and IDOCers lurking around. There is a percentage of demolishing housing that drop rapidly, unpredictably and idocers have no chance of geting everything. Sooo what the devs did is the house contents go to treasure hunting chests, randomly, and also so higher level mobs remotely.
To solve the scripting issue that sounds like an idea: Make the idoc house DROP UNPREDICTABLY from instantly to XXX hours, random timer. If/when the house drops to the ground and items not picked up, then everything goes to in game random moderate to high difficulty mobs anywhere in the game, and treasure chests.
That would kill several birds with same pebble including the scripters. Also would increase people actually playing the game and do all sorts of content, including Thunting.
What do you think?
I ABSOLUTELY like the idea that IDOC Houses contents was to go into Treasure Chests.... and possibly also the Cavern of the Discarded....

BUT, in order not to have those items get lost, the way it should be handled, to my opinion, is that the Server gets the FULL LIST of whatever the House has in it.

THEN, whenever a Treasure Hunter digs up a Chest OR a Hunter kills a creature in the Cavern of the Discarded, some of those items from that house's contents list SPAWN in that chest or on that killed creature's corpse and, in doing so, get cancelled from that House's contents list.

This way, a little at a time, ALL of the House items would be gotten by players, either Treasure Hunters or hunters at the Cavern of the Discarded and nothing would get lost.

This way, IDOCs' scripters would have no chance to script an IDOC.

Sure, they could then go script hunting at the Cavern of the Discarded or script Treasure Hunting but that is another story and would be more complicated and time consuming, with no guarantees on what items they would get or not.

Comments ?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
get rid of the 5,10,15 crap

get rid of Idocguy and his "crew" i.e multi boxing scripts

block ALL EJ acct from getting near (EJ accts are for returning players na new players to get a taste, not for regular players to abuse and get rich for FREE )

do NOT allow players to get their pets to follow "friends" at idocs so one script cheat can't have dozens off pets following

and how about blocking 3rd party scripts in CC client? ONCE AND FOR ALL

or just admit you cant do it and get help, or admit the the scripters are part of Broadsword EA once and for all

and when players want you to turn up and watch the cheating happening, how about actually getting off your arse and go and look.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how about the have server restarts several times a day like other games so the cheat programs cannot keep up. I remember the bliss of doing idocs the day of a publish or patch and the usual cheats don't turn up as they have to timers. And of course they were "working" so could not make it, but alas. the next day all updated.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Llama and rats and cats, script timing. you can sort that EJ exploit out too. Not that mesanna or and devs come here anymore because they get hammered. Best to the the official forum where its all rosy and everyone says how fab they are

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wow @jack flash uk that was well said! It's just so much easier to make blanket statements like 'We can't do anything about it' or 'The client is too old' or 'We can't replace any lost items even if it's a game mechanic that poofed them' or that old favourite 'The team is too small' but they didn't tackle the worst issues even when the team was bigger, it's all just a cop out now, they know they can't afford to lose the cheaters accounts and soon that's all they will have left. :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you think?

This sounds like a winner, until you think about it. We have a team that can create stuff ingame (plunderbeacons) from scratch, and then can't make it work right. So it just hyas to be ignored-by them. Anyone remember gypsies and moonstone jewelry? lol.

So really, do you honestly think this team could code this? I don't have the faith that they can do it, that some people do. I've made my thoughts about it clear, I don't have faith that anything done by this team will be an improvement overall, maybe just done enough to make it look like they are doing something (but they aren't gonna do anything that would harm their buddies).

Would suit me if when a house fell, every single item in that house was put on a grubber (one item per grubber) and they scattered all over the worlds with a lifespan of 5 days.

Dropkick Murphys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
or non EJ Chars that are in the idoc area get random item outside the house into the backpack.
If we dont want 1000 accs from one person there then check ip adresse first or mac adresse networkcard.

All other ideas are scriptable :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With one line of code they could do away with house signs notifying ANYONE but the owner of their status. Why are you guys overthinking this ? The absolutely simplest change is that. The Devs could make that change overnight without too much effort and they know this. But they haven't done it, guarantee you, if they do make a change it will be the most ridiculous change in the history of ever, and it will make little sense. I can't wait lol...

Dropkick Murphys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
With one line of code they could do away with house signs notifying ANYONE but the owner of their status. Why are you guys overthinking this ? The absolutely simplest change is that. The Devs could make that change overnight without too much effort and they know this. But they haven't done it, guarantee you, if they do make a change it will be the most ridiculous change in the history of ever, and it will make little sense. I can't wait lol...
that does not stop everyone

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

LOL +1

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But... But.... But... Think of all the stuff that could potentially be lost forever!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But... But.... But... Think of all the stuff that could potentially be lost forever!
Who says the stuff has to be lost ? It will still fall to the ground when the house collapses. You can still scour the lands for idocs if you choose to. It just won't be handed to you on a silver platter.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant remember when it was but a while ago, didnt they say they had a program that checked for 3rd party programs. Why is it not catching what its supose to? Or was that another lie.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’m all for removing IDOC in general. I’d rather see the items fall to the ground with no warning to the public. It would encourage people to go out and explore the world and help with removing items that would otherwise be hoarded.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant remember when it was but a while ago, didnt they say they had a program that checked for 3rd party programs. Why is it not catching what its supose to? Or was that another lie.
That was never implemented after player outcry

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about we revert idocs back how they used to be in the good olde days when everyone was happy with them... before the devs changed them b4 even anyone complained about them... think about that now...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would rather go back to the old ways. Was less scripting because no one know that time it would fall. Now they just move from them. Once one falls they dont have to be there untill the 5 10 and 15hr Mark's. At lest then they had one account at each and not the 5 they have now.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just do not understand all these elaborate ideas. I can only imagine the idea of treasure chests etc are coming form NON idoc players. I do not give opinions on PVP as I do not do it.

So how about the DEVs invite idocers ONLY to participate in plans for the future and no-one else? controversial I know
T hunting was balls up because too many casual (I have done 5 t map players) expressed opinions and the Dev's as always go down the path of least resistance and piss off the die hard t hunters. Case in point the latest high level nerf (upgrade)

Also, Stop scripts, stop cheating. That has to be the ONLY way to actual get to the bottom of it. BLOCK all access to 3rd party unapproved software once and for all. If the dev team are incapable of doing this, then own up and get assistance. There is no shame it in. But get it sorted out. I have played this game on and off for 15 odd years and ALWAYS remember complaints and complaining about scripting and cheating. Punkbuster didn't happen because all the scripters cried. If you are not doing anything wrong what's the problem. Roll it out, or the modern equiv and see how it goes
Who gives a rats arse if scripters quit. GOOD. *** em, we don't want them anyway.

Get idocguy/avatar sorted out as well. You know enough now to get rid.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless you do a total ban and block of script cheating then people like idocguy and loot scripters and other real money sites will adapt and render anything you do worthless in a matter of days. These people make a very tidy living leeching from this game, and you let them. Stop tip toeing and go get the big ban hammer

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything you do to change idocs should be to the detriment of cheats, as we all know everything you have done so far has helped them. 5/10/15 hr timers for example

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything you do to change docs should be to the detriment of cheats, as we all know everything you have done so far has helped them. 5/10/15 hr timers for example
And that will continue. If there was a "Making bad game decisions Hall Of Fame" this team would be the first selected for it.

She will ask us to vote on the decision/suggestion.
I would say :
Cancel all idocs
Remove stage from sign
Back to the original idocs, cancel this 5-10-15 hour bs