• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Most Tedious Multi-Parts Items to Craft

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to create a "1-click tool" for my UI to craft those nasty items that requires 20000 clicks spread in many tools.

But I need to know nowdays what are those items...
Here is the list I have for now:
- potion kegs
- spellbooks
- runed switch
- fuse cord
- distillery
- advanced training dummy
- telescope

Let me know if you can think of something else, thanks :D

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ty for your hard work. but will the devs continue to screw over the cc users. don't know how else to say it. the devs need to make a program so cc users can do what ec/pincos can do or make one legal.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have made everything have a "Make all" option, meaning if you have the skill to make it, and all of the items needed, then one click makes them all at once. But someone on the official boards, who actually loves the aspect of clicking and crafting things one at a time, voiced a strong opinion against, and Kyronix agreed with her.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should have made everything have a "Make all" option, meaning if you have the skill to make it, and all of the items needed, then one click makes them all at once. But someone on the official boards, who actually loves the aspect of clicking and crafting things one at a time, voiced a strong opinion against, and Kyronix agreed with her.
do they get some kind of bribe from the pharmaceutical multinational companies to generate as many carpal tunnel as possible? :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't all game makers have that? Or a vested interest in some hospitals surgery department... maybe they get some $$$ for how many people they cause to have shoulders and wrists and elbows repaired... If so they have already gotten a cutback from me since I had to have my Ulnar Nerve moved. Pushing towards needing my shoulder repaired and carpal tunnel surgery.

However, I bought a new lovely object for my desk that has really helped my arm.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721JZCVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I highly recommend this if you have shoulder issues while playing.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Distillary
Advanced Training Dummies <------- this especially they are a pita
Exodus summoning alter
telescope

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Distillary
Advanced Training Dummies <------- this especially they are a pita
Exodus summoning alter
telescope
I've added:
- distillery
- advanced training dummy
- telescope

the exodus summoning altar has only the nexus core as craftable part, that can be crafted by clicking it in the item details :D

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Yes please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Not exactly on topic, but Master Pinco, since you're on the subject of easing our clicky burden, a 'reforge all' option would be amazing. If matching the item type would be too much of a pain, putting them in a separate container would be a fine alternative. Whatever makes it easier for you to make it easier for all of us! lol

Also not on topic, CC models in EC would be godly, especially if there was the ability to specify mob by mob. #devssavingdevelopmenttime #fairforeveryone #supergoodidea lmao...

Also, also not on topic... that robot arm rest looks too fkn awesome, lol!! Want one, now.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not exactly on topic, but Master Pinco, since you're on the subject of easing our clicky burden, a 'reforge all' option would be amazing. If matching the item type would be too much of a pain, putting them in a separate container would be a fine alternative. Whatever makes it easier for you to make it easier for all of us! lol

Also not on topic, CC models in EC would be godly, especially if there was the ability to specify mob by mob. #devssavingdevelopmenttime #fairforeveryone #supergoodidea lmao...

Also, also not on topic... that robot arm rest looks too fkn awesome, lol!! Want one, now.
I need to examine the reforge gump, but if it saves the settings, I can make a "reforge last" action. With that you can make a macro: reforge last -> delay 1s -> target by type and voilà the reforge all is done :D

For the models, honestly there are only few creatures that are completely different from CC, they should just give the option to switch those, or just replace them with the cc version by default since the new creatures have the same model for ec and cc anyway I don't see why there has to be differences at this point...
I think the only models are: dragons (there is no brown version on ec), swamp dragon, beetle and hiryu.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorgon Lens
gorgon lens has just 1 component to craft... the last update of the crafting tool I did allows you to click that from the requirements of the gorgon lens to craft it and get back very fast already :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a suggestion - currently there are two very useful but separate functions to collect seeds and to collect resources from the plants. For those of us who grow resources on a regular basis would be great to be able to collect seeds, resources, and the plant in deco mode in one click.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a suggestion - currently there are two very useful but separate functions to collect seeds and to collect resources from the plants. For those of us who grow resources on a regular basis would be great to be able to collect seeds, resources, and the plant in deco mode in one click.
that can be done with a macro, you just need to calculate the right delay between seeds and resources :D

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Pinco having all bases covered is about awesome. The reforge gump does save settings, its clicking the button *every* time that's a real pain, not to mention trying to remember which weapon you did last. I've thought of the target type myself, but didn't have any luck making a function macro with 'use last.' I believe there is a reforge action in EC, but iirc clicking that isn't any easier than clicking a hammer tbh, as it just brings the gump up again lol. (But I may be thinking of the unravel action)

A 'reforge last' that skips the gump entirely and just brings up a target cursor would be a God send. I would be very pleased to take it from there!

You're right about the new monsters having the same graphic, and thats a good point. Really the only ones I'd want to use the old art for are ki-rin, serpentine dragon, and hiryus. I do miss the brown & red dragons, but they did do a good job making the EC dragons look pretty big and badass, if a little short!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco having all bases covered is about awesome. The reforge gump does save settings, its clicking the button *every* time that's a real pain, not to mention trying to remember which weapon you did last. I've thought of the target type myself, but didn't have any luck making a function macro with 'use last.' I believe there is a reforge action in EC, but iirc clicking that isn't any easier than clicking a hammer tbh, as it just brings the gump up again lol. (But I may be thinking of the unravel action)

A 'reforge last' that skips the gump entirely and just brings up a target cursor would be a God send. I would be very pleased to take it from there!

You're right about the new monsters having the same graphic, and thats a good point. Really the only ones I'd want to use the old art for are ki-rin, serpentine dragon, and hiryus. I do miss the brown & red dragons, but they did do a good job making the EC dragons look pretty big and badass, if a little short!!
the reforging options seems to remain as long as you use the same tool, so at this point I think that only the reforge button action is required so you can make a macro like this:
runic tool -> delay -> target by type -> delay -> reforge
Obviously since I can't determine if an item has been reforged or not, you'll have to move the reforged items in a pack animal or something so they won't be targeted again...

You can try this with the last patch of the UI :)

Last edited:

Delores D

Journeyman
I have a crafter that has most of the skills for crafting. There are a few she doesn't have. My other person has that so I am still having to swap a couple things back and forth. I don't make these things very often so it doesn't matter to me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a crafter that has most of the skills for crafting. There are a few she doesn't have. My other person has that so I am still having to swap a couple things back and forth. I don't make these things very often so it doesn't matter to me.
most of the people just use 1 character and soulstones to swap the skills :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that can be done with a macro, you just need to calculate the right delay between seeds and resources :D
I think the delay might not even be necessary. It seems the client queues the actions.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
I can dig it. Looks someone's throwing a rave with that many big, bright neon lights. I had a reasonable collection before my house fell, but I'm already working on amassing a more unreasonable amount.

No luck with the soulstone graveyards, I think mine were victims of their large turn-in point value.

make a macro like this:
runic tool -> delay -> target by type -> delay -> reforge

[...]You can try this with the last patch of the UI :)
So l33t! Now are you saying you added a reforge action in the UI, or that the reforge action built into the EC is what I should use for the macro? Either way, thank you very much for your time. Your help is always greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can dig it. Looks someone's throwing a rave with that many big, bright neon lights. I had a reasonable collection before my house fell, but I'm already working on amassing a more unreasonable amount.

No luck with the soulstone graveyards, I think mine were victims of their large turn-in point value.

So l33t! Now are you saying you added a reforge action in the UI, or that the reforge action built into the EC is what I should use for the macro? Either way, thank you very much for your time. Your help is always greatly appreciated!
is in my UI obv, the only thing that gets built into EC this days are bugs (but you should consider them "features) :D
If only the devs could answer to the dozen emails I sent them for fix and improvements...... but pretending that they never get them is probably the easy way to deal with the problems I guess :lol:

I think this is the current mantra for this game:
upload_2019-8-24_18-59-44.png

Last edited:

Innoxicated

Journeyman
That's awesome man, thanks for taking my off-topic request into consideration. The devs do like to add bugs, which I understand bugs come with any new released content... especially with a small team. But here you are, a team of one, taking suggestions and making sh*t happen!!

Maybe that's how they justify such a long development cycle. They deliberately scare us with bugs so we quit asking for new stuff, lol.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Personally, I think that the issue lays not only with "single" items which might be good candidate as the "most tedious multi parts to craft" but also, to actually the planning of an entire suit either all crafted or composed by a mix of Artifacts and Crafted pieces.

So far, that I am aware of, most crafters are forced to use "Spreadsheets" as a "Planner" to study the composition of their wanted suit.

Not every player, though, is skilled at using Spreadsheets and, so, a lot of players who might want to craft their suits are deterred in doing that by such an obstacle...

I wonder, if it could be possible to have your UI incorporate the ability (or a revamp of the old "Template Editor") to have players set the modifiers that they want : Resistances, Luck, and the other modifiers and have the interface tell them whether that is feasible or not, what pieces should be crafted and what artifacts should be used in order to reach that goal, as well as what steps like imbuing, reforging etc. are necessary for each piece to make that suit possible.

If such a thing was to be possible, I think that it would greatly help crafters in their planning and crafting of their wanted suits, they would only then need to search for the "missing Artifact pieces" which are needed to fully complement the suit to their liking and they would have the suit that they wanted.....

Is that just a dream ?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Personally, I think that the issue lays not only with "single" items which might be good candidate as the "most tedious multi parts to craft" but also, to actually the planning of an entire suit either all crafted or composed by a mix of Artifacts and Crafted pieces.

So far, that I am aware of, most crafters are forced to use "Spreadsheets" as a "Planner" to study the composition of their wanted suit.

Not every player, though, is skilled at using Spreadsheets and, so, a lot of players who might want to craft their suits are deterred in doing that by such an obstacle...

I wonder, if it could be possible to have your UI incorporate the ability (or a revamp of the old "Template Editor") to have players set the modifiers that they want : Resistances, Luck, and the other modifiers and have the interface tell them whether that is feasible or not, what pieces should be crafted and what artifacts should be used in order to reach that goal, as well as what steps like imbuing, reforging etc. are necessary for each piece to make that suit possible.

If such a thing was to be possible, I think that it would greatly help crafters in their planning and crafting of their wanted suits, they would only then need to search for the "missing Artifact pieces" which are needed to fully complement the suit to their liking and they would have the suit that they wanted.....

Is that just a dream ?
Spreadsheets are pretty much the simplest way to accomplish this task. It is complicated not because of the spreadsheets, but because of the multitude of options. I honestly don't see how an in game UI can do this better. I can see a bunch of ways how it can do it worse though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I use an excel spread sheet to make a suit... but I don't do all the reforging, refining and all that jazz... well not much anyway and I do sometimes enhance... but mostly just imbue. I reforge weapons... but not armor and I don't go adding tons of stuff to the suits.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Is that just a dream ?
one thing is the old imbuing calculator that tells you the amount of reagents you need to add N properties, but what you are suggesting requires to save a MASSIVE amount of data that is quite unhealthy for the UI...
that has to be done externally or it would be like re-inventing the wheel using the mud as raw material :D
Probably a well made spreadsheet where you set the properties and automatically calculates the reagents can do the trick, but at the moment I'm too busy to make something like that...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one thing is the old imbuing calculator that tells you the amount of reagents you need to add N properties, but what you are suggesting requires to save a MASSIVE amount of data that is quite unhealthy for the UI...
that has to be done externally or it would be like re-inventing the wheel using the mud as raw material :D
Probably a well made spreadsheet where you set the properties and automatically calculates the reagents can do the trick, but at the moment I'm too busy to make something like that...
Thanks for the answer.

I want to keep hoping that, sometimes, "one day", such a handy tool to help the planning of crafting Suits, might see the light.....

By the way, talking about Crafting Spreadsheets, does anyone know why, within the Stratics' Resources Resources | Stratics Community Forums I cannot seem to find a good, comprehensive Spreadsheet for Crafting complete suits ?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You could always just not worry about min/maxing your suits and just play to have fun. Oh, who am I kidding. Someone get me a spreadsheet!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the answer.

I want to keep hoping that, sometimes, "one day", such a handy tool to help the planning of crafting Suits, might see the light.....

By the way, talking about Crafting Spreadsheets, does anyone know why, within the Stratics' Resources Resources | Stratics Community Forums I cannot seem to find a good, comprehensive Spreadsheet for Crafting complete suits ?
Did you look in the Craftsman forum? Zolaf's sreadsheet is one of the best if not the best out there.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you look in the Craftsman forum? Zolaf's sreadsheet is one of the best if not the best out there.
@railshot

I was told, that a very good Spreadsheet is the one that Duncan Drake used (a glimpse of it can be seen in this Thread The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3) scroll a little down the very first Post of the Thread to see it....).

Unfortunately, I have been unable to contact Duncan Drake, there are no Posts of him on Stratics Forums since quite a while....

Anyone could possibly suggest what Spreadsheet would be most comprehensive and covering as many Crafting options (not just imbuing, but also reforging, enhancing, the use of Artifact pieces and so forth....) as possible ?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@railshot

I was told, that a very good Spreadsheet is the one that Duncan Drake used (a glimpse of it can be seen in this Thread The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3) scroll a little down the very first Post of the Thread to see it....).

Unfortunately, I have been unable to contact Duncan Drake, there are no Posts of him on Stratics Forums since quite a while....

Anyone could possibly suggest what Spreadsheet would be most comprehensive and covering as many Crafting options (not just imbuing, but also reforging, enhancing, the use of Artifact pieces and so forth....) as possible ?
You ask for a crafting spreadsheet. I link you one. You come back saying that you tried looking elsewhere but could not find anything, and ask for help again.
I am confused.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You ask for a crafting spreadsheet. I link you one. You come back saying that you tried looking elsewhere but could not find anything, and ask for help again.
I am confused.
My understanding is, that the Zolaf's spreadsheet is exclusively for imbuing.

I was trying to find one that was more comprehensive, including reforging and enhancing and, thus, give the total picture of up to where, through all of the various Crafting processes, a suit can be taken to...

If one looks at Duncan Drake's Spreadsheet, in the lower left corner Refinements are mentioned thus hinting me that in that Spreadsheet, also other crafting processes are taken into account and calculated for the final results, not just imbuing....

That's what I am trying to find, an overall Spreadsheet that would permit me to figure out, for the overall Suit that I would like to craft with the modifiers that I want, piece by piece and through how many Crafting steps (imbuing, enhancing, reforging etc. etc.), what I need to craft with what properties and what Artifacts to also use in order to then get for the overall suit the desired end result.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I am trying to find, an overall Spreadsheet that would permit me to figure out, for the overall Suit that I would like to craft with the modifiers that I want, piece by piece and through how many Crafting steps (imbuing, enhancing, reforging etc. etc.), what I need to craft with what properties and what Artifacts to also use in order to then get for the overall suit the desired end result.
If you are looking for a spreadsheet that will help you understand how suit crafting works, you are approaching it from the wrong direction IMO. These spreadsheets are not learning tools. I know how all these systems work. I have made my own spreadsheet. But it's still challenging how one works made by someone else, especially one that includes everything and a kitchen sink in it, like you want. If you do not understand the mechanics, these spreadsheets will make things worse, not better.
And if you want to understand the mechanics, spend some quality time in the crafting and warrior sections of these forums. There are detailed posts describing how people make a particular suit. That's the best available way to learn.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
lollll I have used a pen and piece of paper more times than I can count. All the while, seriously contemplating how much a spreadsheet might help, yes, but a pen and piece of paper nonetheless. And of course, came out with the suit exactly as I needed from resists to stats to lmc/regens/etc.

Spreadsheets are great, and the helpful links and advice are something I'll be sure to take a look at myself, but for someone to suggest an addition to the UI of this magnitude is honestly staggering! you're basically, and quite casually, asking for entirely new tool to be created so you don't have to fidget with numbers.

Some people love the hot mess that is crafting at times, some see it as a chore or necessary evil, but popps I suggest you just pay someone to do it for you, sir.