• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RL female, needs help please...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still use my beetles and lesser hiryu. They were going to be great pets until they nerfed them. Contrary to what some think.
Would love to hear your reasoning of why they would have been great pets before and what you feel they are lacking now as opposed to before that prevents them from being great.

Different people have different playstyles and I enjoy hearing how things fit into their style

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would love to hear your reasoning of why they would have been great pets before and what you feel they are lacking now as opposed to before that prevents them from being great.

Different people have different playstyles and I enjoy hearing how things fit into their style
The change made me have to pull 50 or more... I stopped counting at 11, to get 6 keepers. Other wise I would have only needed to pull 10 and take the best from those because they would have made the builds I wanted. I think I pulled 12M Doubloons worth. I don't want to know how many that was.

I could have chosen the Ship paintings and tried to get some with my Ships name on them or my name whatever they have. I have pulled 0 ship paintings.

Also I feel bad when I give a returner or NOOB one and they get one with 114 Wrestling. GRRR

First World Problems...

Will be nice if all future new pet types were built on the Triton frame with special things associated with each type!
Clearly they did not ruin taming or PvP.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The change made me have to pull 50 or more... I stopped counting at 11, to get 6 keepers. Other wise I would have only needed to pull 10 and take the best from those because they would have made the builds I wanted. I think I pulled 12M Doubloons worth. I don't want to know how many that was.

I could have chosen the Ship paintings and tried to get some with my Ships name on them or my name whatever they have. I have pulled 0 ship paintings.

Also I feel bad when I give a returner or NOOB one and they get one with 114 Wrestling. GRRR

First World Problems...

Will be nice if all future new pet types were built on the Triton frame with special things associated with each type!
Clearly they did not ruin taming or PvP.
About 85 :p

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Frankly their survivability is not much better if not not as good as a hiryu/beetle. Sure they have healing and if you are lucky overcapped wrestling but frankly with pets that doesn't mean much. With my preference if my pet gets in trouble I can use my emergency plan and just mount it. No such luck with the triton. The damage split is more detrimental than it is helpful and with bugs that seem to plague statuized pets you risk losing it forever. Add the fact that they are butt ugly and that is why that after the novelty wore off I haven't really used mine.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GIRL=Guy In Real Life.
Lol.

She's not wrong about females being given stuff by gamers. Just take a look at Twitch, lol. Chicks making enough money off of thirsty dudes to buy Lamborghinis, houses, and such.
Its a funny world, for a guy to make a living on playing games on twitch he has to be super good, among the elite of the elite, good at entertaining his viewers etc etc.
For a girl to make money off twitch all she has to do is have big tit.... erhm big blue eyes

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@OP: 57 posts for a petty want-to-buy request. I must say that your friend was absolutely right regarding the eye catching effect. If it didn't say "RL female" in the topic description, this thread would have gone largely unnoticed. Catfish or not, nice marketing move!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm trying to buy my first power scrolls and I'm having trouble finding them. I was told I could find them at the vendors in Luna, but all of them seem to be at 2mil-5mil+. Is there a better spot I should be looking or does anyone have any to sell? I'm on the Atlantic server and looking for 120 animal lore, 120 musicianship, 120 peacemaking, 120 animal taming. I am willing to pay whatever is fair, thank you for your help.
Well this thread is getting out of hand lol, if you still need these send me a PM. Regardless of being male or female, I help players all the time :).

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For all you all know I could be a woman too. I'm not, but I could be. If I had the desire to get the treatments and the surgery. I could be... All for some power scrolls.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Click bait thread title & I ain’t falling 4 it !

Oh wait.... damn it.... o_O
We were all duped
Advantages for a novice tamer:

1. They bond instantly.
2. They have Stam and Dex at max at start.
3. They have high HP at start.
4. They have high resists at start. (train on most anything with ease)
5. They have healing.
a. Healing skill increases very quickly on them.
b. They can solo Navrey or Paragon Balrons with little healing needed from tamer. (when skilled)
c. Tamers without primer III can use them on Roof and other content.
6. They can get AI/Chiv. (Eodon pets can not)
7. They are difficult to mess up when building because they have many points.
8. Make great Roof pets for NOOBs.
9. Can have >120 wrestling so you save 200 points on scroll and cost of scroll.
10. Can tank Scalis with little healing from owner.
11. Great pet for groups.
12. Can be faster than other pets. 190 dex.
13. Have over 120 Magic resist. Saves on Scroll and is at max to start.

Advantages for advanced tamers.

1. Only blank slate pet than can get AI/Chiv. No wasted mana on junk. (PP WW also)
2. Enough points on some to get FWW or Feint with AI/Chiv.
a. We are bored making everything AI/Chiv
3. Can get 4 abilities if chosen in correct order. (see 2a.)
4. Have 2 damages. 50% Energy is a lot better than 100% physical.
5. Can get Discord and have nothing else.
6. Can get real Bushido and Ninja abilities if born in Tokuno. (see 2a.)
7. Can build with poison special and AI with a magic. (see 2a.)
8. Can build more variety specials than a Cu or a Hiryu. (see 2a.)
9. Great pet for Roof. 2 damages.
10. Like a Cu, energy damage is good on most high HP mobs.
11. Can get > 125 Wrestling which adds to melee damage and DCI.
12. Enough points to have all the bells and whistles and have 10 or more Stam regen.
13. Tamer can be using mana for other things besides running consume and healing pet.
14. Can find them with enough points to build a higher HP/Mana pet than any other AI/Chiv pet.
15. Can tank Captains and Exodus when used with more advanced tamer than I.

They are great pets for instanced fights or Tram spawns.

Very few disadvantages: Non Mount. High start cold resist. Cant get 4 resists to 80. Not a good bank sitting pet.

I took one on Friday with a group to the turtle spawn. It did great. I never had to heal it or get it out of a crowd.
As with all pets you have to spread out the Mobs so the pet is not surrounded. They mind well and are fast.

Believe it or not, others will argue with you on the resists and damages. Phy and Fire are the most common damage type a pet will see. I have no idea why someone would not set those to 80. I have posted every Mob that I can find that does cold damage. There is only one high damage Mob that does cold damage and is not all 20 damage. That is Scalis. We had a Net toss weekend a few weeks ago and I took many type pets. Every pet type needed me to heal it over and over until I brought my Triton. It was hands down the best pet to take there.

I also agree that many Mobs have Energy as one or their lowest resists. Also Cold is common to match Mobs.
But there are Cu haters out there.

I built Fire steeds and added no poison or cold resist to them. I use them on Mel and Medusa. If they get aggro, running consume or throwing heals will keep them alive. They take no damage if they do not have aggro. I have yet to see spell damage affect my pets with low poison or cold resist.
Note: I do not fight Semidar or the spider boss.

Basically a Triton is a Cu on steroids that you cant mount.
That pretty much sums up why the Triton has became my goto pet for my Garg Tamer/thrower. Even the under 120/125 ones are very effective pets, been making those lower wrestling on the magic based pets throwing 110 and 115 scrolls on them and they have been respectable mystics and weavers. the 125+ I have been putting chiv or bushi on and they are Very Respectable pets. 80 Phys and Fire resist is a given on them for me if I am doing something that requires high resist or elemental damage for something else..... there are the Najasaurus or the elemental drakes. LOL put 4 characters with Archery with Naja's with the poison AOE on a boat and they clear a platform fast :) The AOE keeps the orcs focused on the Naja's. Tritons like everything else are not the right tool for every job but they probably are the new top dog in the best all around pet and the absolute best for a garg tamer. Something to be said for a 5 slot pet like the Triton and flying at mounted speed :)

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Funny, the rest of us females can play the game without help. Please don’t feed the stereotypes! Just say you are new or ask a question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Advantages for a novice tamer:

1. They bond instantly.
Etc.

Sorry been away for a bit, whilst I appreciate your very detailed defence and yes, many valid points. Any seasoned tamer will have a stable of very particular, finely tuned pets for all occasions. For me, personally, the Triton fits none of them.

If a new tamer has time to work taming to 90 before being able to use masteries to gain skill, they have time to bond many pets by means of jewellery.

I still think healing is way overrated, I have a giant rat and a cow that kill Balrons/GDs/AWs without active healing. With consume, rarely do any pets need healing. If your pets going to die it's because you have the wrong pet in the wrong situation.

If you are using a Triton, in my opinion, they are not optimal, not by a long shot.

But, each to their own I guess.

North_LS

Journeyman
RL female here too, will be accepting legendary scroll and top tier armor donations at luna bank on lake superior. dont let the male toon fool you, im all lady.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny, the rest of us females can play the game without help. Please don’t feed the stereotypes! Just say you are new or ask a question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you look like a cat?!?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RL female here too, will be accepting legendary scroll and top tier armor donations at luna bank on lake superior. dont let the male toon fool you, im all lady.
Really. You never play at night so I cant give you armor and my dog ate my scrolls.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Apparently I must henceforth be referred to as a peoplekind, do I get a deal too?

A dude's gotta ask.