• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About Aquariums

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great to look at as long as you don't play in the EC. In the EC sometimes you see em, sometimes you don't, sometimes you only see bits. And if it is there nicely when you place it, and you go out and come back then there is no guarantee it will still be visible.

The large one is great as long as you only want to put the it on the roof. If you place the large one anywhere inside your house in either client it will bleed up through the floor to the next level.

aquarium3.jpg

Large one looks great ............. until you go upstairs. Assuming you can get it so you can see it... see above

:grrr:
aquarium4.jpg

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree the large one comes through the floor, but I've not had any disappearing ones, unless I had circle of trans switched on. Not sure how that's happening. I've had all three placed for some days now, and yes I do use EC

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It happens when I try to place most time, I get that frame look, and have to keep redeeding and such til I get it to 'stick'. I have had three placed on the test centre now for a day or so and they appear to be sticking, however that small one in the corner has disappeared a number of times, although it is still there now.

I have experimented with the large one, if you put it on the third floor so that it sticks through the to the roof you can 'cover' the protruding bit with a garden shed.

That is the only thing I have found that easily 'covers' the stick through bit. I tried placing crafted granite blocks over it but you had to raise them that high it was stupid, I then tried putting a garden bed over it, but even with that the 'middle' bit of the garden bed still shows as blue aquarium. It seems really 'high' for a stick through.

There are 'solutions' if you work at it, and I am sure there are more things that will cover, but seriously we shouldn't have to 'work' around stuff that should be able to be placed in a house without it protruding through the floor. Same thing happens with all that 'new' nice deco, koi ponds etc, unless they have nothing above them they really stick high through the floor which is a shame as I wanted an indoor water feature but no chance with the way it shoves up the next level.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah it's a shame they can't seem to fix that issue... as for the other smaller one vanishing do you use the EC? Animated objects in the EC vanish often when you have the Circle of Transparency on. Another thing that's stupid and should have been fixed ages ago.. I hate coming home to find the center of my fireplaces gone... and if I didn't know exactly where my fountains of life were I wouldn't know I had them... save for the fact I can't walk through them.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fountains of life (18 or them) still disappear in EC, sometimes all of them, sometimes only some of them and I can have circle of transparency on, circle of transparency off and it doesn't make a bit of difference. It's been that way as long as EC has existed. You can still click them if you know exactly where they are. Horribly annoying when I need a bunch of bandages real quick.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah only the EC and I never run with circ of transparancy on as I hate it. However disappearing stuff like that small aquarium just is not there, but is there if you get my drift.

And yes it affects fireplaces, hearth of the home fire, fountains, anything basically with an animation on it.

It drives you insane.