• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have had just about enough of this

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tonight makes the SEVENTH time I have logged into this .....
Greaterdragons8-11-2019.jpg
I have paged the GMs and they OBVIOUSLY don't do jack squat! I remember back 15 years ago when they'd check who was the last owner and ban their ascii code! Obviously if you kiss the GMs' and Mesanna's "royal" hineys you can pretty much do as you please. Btw, for the record I don't believe it's the house owner because I haven't seen him in 5-7 years.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Flappy Cruelty? (I am for that!) Or something on the house sign?

So, if you do not read house signs you can play UO without stress? I would stop reading house signs.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Greater Dragons. They are wild and trapped inside the house. This is a violation of the B.S. known as the TOS/ROC which is obviously isn't enforced. However My house is the white one that Jirel is standing in. I obey all their stupid rules and for what?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She is right. Trapping wild creatures is against the rules. Either change the rule or enforce it. All the "omg wat" comments are just silly. She said what the issue was very clearly.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gotta admit, I've been staring at this pic for over 5 minutes now.

I'm genuinely fascinated to know what we are looking at. :popcorn:
Look up a couple posts above yours - Luc states it's the GDs. It has been against TOS/ROC for years to trap wild animals in your house.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Greater Dragons. They are wild and trapped inside the house. This is a violation of the B.S. known as the TOS/ROC which is obviously isn't enforced. However My house is the white one that Jirel is standing in. I obey all their stupid rules and for what?
Ahh, I'll be honest I thought it was against the rules to trap wild animals for the purpose of skill training. I used to release wild Dragons/Frenzies in a friends house (long time ago, usually after a few beers) just for giggles, if what you say is correct, I could have gotten him banned many times over! :D Or myself for that matter!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ahh, I'll be honest I thought it was against the rules to trap wild animals for the purpose of skill training. I used to release wild Dragons/Frenzies in a friends house (long time ago, usually after a few beers) just for giggles, if what you say is correct, I could have gotten him banned many times over! :D Or myself for that matter!
somebody did the same thing to me 10 years ago, but with sheep.
a GM actually showed up at my house, but I was already banning the sheep when he showed up.
there was probably about 50 of them in my house.
My house was private, so the person that did it was on my friend list at the time.

the GM told me, that because I was evicting them when he got there, that he wouldn't do anything to me.
He was invisible, so he knew I didn't know he was there.
And I wasn't shearing the sheep, just banning them from the house.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She is right. Trapping wild creatures is against the rules. Either change the rule or enforce it. All the "omg wat" comments are just silly. She said what the issue was very clearly.
You are correct. I dont know how we can log in while this abuse of the rules goes on! How dare someone tame a pet and place them in their house. Something must be done NOW!

You can spearhead this walkout until Flappys are no longer abused. You not logging in will teach Mesanna!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe these Flappys are on Bamboo Tiles! Otherwise you can not see them without entering the house. The abuse is increasing!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, this one has got me interested so I had a good browse through the ToS/RoC.

I see nothing that says anything about animals simply being trapped in a house going against ToS/RoC

If the animals were put there maliciously (like I used to do) then that could be considered harassment but I don't believe released, wild animals attack people in houses anymore, I could be wrong. Either way that would constitute harassment but given this is not your house, that does not apply.

If the animals were being used for the likes of unattended Disco training, which I see everywhere, then yes, that is an issue and goes against ToS/RoC. But I don't see how either of these dragons could be used for training as they are in a room without any low wall where LoS would be possible. Additionally there is no sign of anyone training on them.

I just don't see what the owner of the house or the person who left them there gets out of this, I see no issue.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, is this causing someone some sort of gameplay issue? Are you mad they may be using this to skill up in a game this old where everyone tries to find the most optimal method to skill up? Are you mad cus it looks cool to have two dragons in a dungeon themed house? I agree it's against the terms, but what's the real issue here? Are you just running around playing neighborhood watch?

I lurk mostly, but I would say you and Jirel need to take a breath sometimes and really evaluate why you complain about things and who is really being hurt by what you're complaining about.

Maybe take like an ethics class so you can learn about how ambiguity in ethics works and how you may perceive something as being wrong when there is an empathy needed to see another perspective.

Or 2nd thought, maybe whichever GM/EM or whatever gets your request needs to let you along for the ride of their thought process and how they got paged for something that really doesn't affect much, but took up their time. Sometimes people that like to police others take a certain amount of good feeling for themselves if they are tatte telling, but really it's just annoying to everyone else involved.

3rd thought, is it ticking anyone else's OCD that the rune library doesn't have a top bench on some of the shelves?

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My concern is that that someone has found a way to get house owners banned that don't play very often let's face it greed rules UO. I watched three Luna square houses fall that I know were paid up and when I ask the guy who'd placed on one the spot he said Ghetto Smurf got banned. Last I 'd spoke with him he was having to commute along way for work so didn't to play UO much. He could have quit. i don't know, but I don't want some jerk putting monster pets in public house to get the owners banned just so he can have a demented UO version of pokemon ..in this case gotta own em all. I have two public Luna house the Library and the Museum. I guess we'll have great big laugh if they target my houses next and get me banned.

I have heard it was against the rules to trap monsters, monster pets or NPCs in a house since I started playing in 2001. I was shocked when I went looking for it and could not find it. In fact I me and a friend got into trouble because we would get the Yamadon stuck on his Tokuno house then stand on the porch and kill the Yammy. GM showed up and chewed us out saying it violated the trapping rule. GM also threatened toss in UO jail. I guess someone must've complained but we didn't notice anyone around. Might have been a stealthing jerk.

GMs back then were bad, but now they're worse because they're lazy and ignorant.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My concern is that that someone has found a way to get house owners banned that don't play very often let's face it greed rules UO. I watched three Luna square houses fall that I know were paid up and when I ask the guy who'd placed on one the spot he said Ghetto Smurf got banned.
If your concern is that someone is trying to get the house owner banned, then how calling a GM on this violation is helping the house owner? And I don't understand how this jibes with this statement of yours:
Obviously if you kiss the GMs' and Mesanna's "royal" hineys you can pretty much do as you please.
Are you saying that GMs ignore animals placed inside houses by their "friends" who place these animals so that GMs would come and ban the owner?
Can you please explain, since I have trouble understanding how this works?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my understanding, in regards to Wild Creatures inside Houses THAT, at the following day's Maintainance Cycle, those Wild Creatures trapped in the House, would get "reset" that is, deleted and respawned in their Natural spawn locations....

Did I know it all wrong ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It was my understanding, in regards to Wild Creatures inside Houses THAT, at the following day's Maintainance Cycle, those Wild Creatures trapped in the House, would get "reset" that is, deleted and respawned in their Natural spawn locations....

Did I know it all wrong ?
that hasn't been happening for awhile.
somebody tames a bunch of cu's and releases them outside their areas, they are there for days.

And creatures are acting funny lately.
I had an ogre come into my keep and walk up the stairs, without anyone being around.
I ejected the ogre and it came back inside.
I had to ban it, to keep it out.

but with these dragons, someone left them there.
maybe they come on real late at night, for whatever purpose they put them there

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there someone there doing AFK skill training? Either way. Why stress yourself over Flappy abuse?
Because this is what Luc does, usually under the protection of a forum moderator which protects him against criticism.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because this is what Luc does, usually under the protection of a forum moderator which protects him against criticism.

Her...

But sometimes people just need to run to their safe spot and stay there. If my neighbor had twenty dragons in his house, who the hell cares? Unless of course, they are all casting on me as I go about my business.

Meanwhile, people with real issues that are gamebreaking, can't get a GM to respond to their call...probably because there is only one on duty at a time and they are dealing with pressing issues like this.

North_LS

Journeyman
i cant imagine how this would affect your play. even if theres a player in there racking up unattended skill gain, at this point in the lifecycle of the game, why does anyone care? we've all capped skills hundreds of times over the hard way. if people want to do it when they arent at the keyboard these days so they can spend their playtime actually playing, thats fine by me. not like they're monopolizing content other people are waiting to use. maybe just do your thing and let other people do theirs, and dont worry about it unless it directly impacts your gameplay experience.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whatever I spend 109 USD PER MONTH on this pile of crap game. I have had players BLOCK my public Luna cover the front in trapped boxes from April 12-15. I begged the GM to do something and was told "THIS WAS ENTIRELY LEGAL". Then when 3/4 of the paying players on Legends emailed and complained Mesanna came in game. However, she blamed my sister and I, even though we'd email her ONCE. We were in the process of closing our accounts giving away houses and items. All of which was was being coordinated through direct messaging. Now my sister has been accused of posting players' personal information, which she did not do. Of course nobody believes her. Even though she and I were doxxed 6 years ago in game. We even have screen shots of characters with our REAL LIFE NAMES, but hey that was A OKAY!

My whole point is that the INNOCENT are punished in UO and the Guilty come to the forums and BRAG! I have seen 6 luna houses fall in a month. If that doesn't bother you, then it should. I am scared my houses will be targeted next because I have a new fulltime I started July 1st. My shift changes depending if someone goes on vacay or whatever. My sister Jirel just simply doesn't play much anymore. Maybe they'll do us all a favor and pull the plug on UO.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have had players BLOCK my public Luna cover the front in trapped boxes from April 12-15.
Have you ever wondered if maybe... Just maybe... Your behavior of running around paging GMs about silly things like this makes you a target for this kind of thing? Perhaps minding your own business would help.

Kind, gentle, Pete to the rescue!:smooch::naughty-angel:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Whatever I spend 109 USD PER MONTH on this pile of crap game. I have had players BLOCK my public Luna cover the front in trapped boxes from April 12-15. I begged the GM to do something and was told "THIS WAS ENTIRELY LEGAL". Then when 3/4 of the paying players on Legends emailed and complained Mesanna came in game. However, she blamed my sister and I, even though we'd email her ONCE. We were in the process of closing our accounts giving away houses and items. All of which was was being coordinated through direct messaging. Now my sister has been accused of posting players' personal information, which she did not do. Of course nobody believes her. Even though she and I were doxxed 6 years ago in game. We even have screen shots of characters with our REAL LIFE NAMES, but hey that was A OKAY!

My whole point is that the INNOCENT are punished in UO and Guilt come to the forums and BRAG! I have seen 6 luna fall in a month. If that doesn't bother you, then it should. I am scared my houses will be targeted next because I have a new fulltime I started July 1st. My shift changes depending if someone goes on vacay or whatever. My sister Jirel just simple doesn't play much anymore. Maybe they'll do us all a favor and pull the plug on UO.
Luc... Come on. You're throwing a fit. You gotta recognize that you're throwing a fit. If you ever want to play and need someone to ground you and Jirel let me know. I'm a Tennessee person and I think I saw you all are from here too. Maybe make a friend instead of just complaining all the time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to tell you but even with the problems a lot of us still enjoy playing this game annoying bugs and all. If you have came to hate and despise the game so much take a break or just leave. I do often enough :) As far as the dragons in the house......... Following your logic would not all of the pigs you guys let go in one of my houses be the exact same thing? Hard to complain about this when you have done the same thing in principle. Course I am notorious for letting various mean critters go in Vics Houses, right beside his tele tiles. I mean what is a public library without a GD or a couple Rune Beetles to liven things up and give Lola something to kill and grill. Don't get me wrong I like you guys and have known you forever but as a friend I am just going to say this. Most of the problems you guys have in game you create for yourselves. Don't know if you intentionally try to cause the drama or if it just comes natural to you. No I am not attacking you or trying to shame you just calling it how I see it. I do believe yer hearts are in the right place and you guys mean well...... Legends went from a great shard and was a great shard for many years, like most other shards it is just a shadow of what it once was. I finally gave up on Legends and moved to LS and Cats Prodo side which are both far more active in different ways than Legends and several of the other shards. And of course I have always played more on Siege than any other shard... Which despite appearances is a VERY active Shard :) Maybe time for you guys to think about relocating as well. When there is almost never anyone to do anything with, that leaves your time open to festering about how great it used to be and missing how good the game really still is.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you ever wondered if maybe... Just maybe... Your behavior of running around paging GMs about silly things like this makes you a target for this kind of thing? Perhaps minding your own business would help.

Kind, gentle, Pete to the rescue!:smooch::naughty-angel:
Maybe just maybe have you ever consider you come off like a TROLL? Perhaps you should do what my granny used to say "If you don't have anything nice to then keep your mouth SHUT!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you don't have anything nice to then keep your mouth SHUT

I have paged the GMs and they OBVIOUSLY don't do jack squat!
Obviously if you kiss the GMs' and Mesanna's "royal" hineys you can pretty much do as you please.
GMs back then were bad, but now they're worse because they're lazy and ignorant.
I spend 109 USD PER MONTH on this pile of crap game.

At least I listened to my granny. She always used to say, "snitches always end up in ditches." I'm fairly certain she was mafia, but who really knows for sure? Anyway, troll or not, my advice is sound:

minding your own business would help
Why did you even make this thread? What did you hope to gain from this? Why do you think anyone would care? Were you hoping everyone was going to agree with you that putting dragons in someone's house if some sort of grave, bannable offense?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Luc, don't panic! isnt what your avatar says ?
I think you sir , stressing way too much over this old game we all play.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow... just wow... you know it is telling how many support cheating in this game. Maybe they should just chuck the rules out the window if they only apply occasionally whenever someone feels like it or only to certain people... maybe they should just allow all that stuff so that no one can waste GM time by paging on cheaters as it would no longer be cheating?

I personally don't give a rats about people working up skills anymore... I guess because it's boring enough anyway... but blatantly flaunting cheating in a town like Luna is a disgrace to the game... but also, using it, abusing it, to get the house owners account banned???? That's a new one... and a new all-time low... IMO that's an Exploit that needs looking into... if they are using this as a way to get peoples paid accounts banned. First I've heard of that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My concern is that that someone has found a way to get house owners banned that don't play very often let's face it greed rules UO. I watched three Luna square houses fall that I know were paid up and when I ask the guy who'd placed on one the spot he said Ghetto Smurf got banned. Last I 'd spoke with him he was having to commute along way for work so didn't to play UO much. He could have quit. i don't know, but I don't want some jerk putting monster pets in public house to get the owners banned just so he can have a demented UO version of pokemon ..in this case gotta own em all. I have two public Luna house the Library and the Museum. I guess we'll have great big laugh if they target my houses next and get me banned.

I have heard it was against the rules to trap monsters, monster pets or NPCs in a house since I started playing in 2001. I was shocked when I went looking for it and could not find it. In fact I me and a friend got into trouble because we would get the Yamadon stuck on his Tokuno house then stand on the porch and kill the Yammy. GM showed up and chewed us out saying it violated the trapping rule. GM also threatened toss in UO jail. I guess someone must've complained but we didn't notice anyone around. Might have been a stealthing jerk.

I have spent MANY hours in UO and I am not a pleasant person to be around. I have never had any of that cool stuff happen to me.

I would tell people my RL name is a clever name that would get them banned if paged on. (why are you telling randos what your name is? You were trying to teach us about personal information in another thread.) I could have a lot of fun if I had a stalker.

You couldn't kill those dragons? They are pretty weak after released.

Stop coming back and telling us more personal info about your GM experiences and accounts.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The owner of this house will NEVER get banned because of these dragons, get that outta your head right now. Take more to get banned nowadays, specially when the gm will see the owner has not logged in 5-7 years as you mentionned. Move on

In the meanwhile pvpers are running 3-4 illegal programs with modified UO files in pvp, and yet none of them getting ban, even with them posting videos of themselves using these hacks.

No wonders when we are paging on the real issues of these hackers or scripters, gm never come in time to catch them, because Paul from Baja , or Luc from Legends , are harassing and wasting GMs time by paging 7 times in one night for 2 afk dragons in a house.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im curious.....

the trapping pet or wild animal banning became a thing when working barding skills.
but the problem with the pic above, as far as i see it, is this:

1) no one is there training anything as far as i can see in the pic
2) barding skills are line of sight and cant go though walls - so how can you train with the set up shown above?
3) who trains barding skills past 90 with animals anymore?
4) who would train in luna where everyone can see you, defeats being unattended

what im maybe thinking is this, someone thought the place looked neat with the 2 cells in the back and has taken it upon themselves to put some greater dragons in there from time to time when they get bored to kinda match the deco of the house?

this all seems a little bland to get our panties all in a knot over.
but i like how some of us are concerned about a persons house who they say hasnt been around for 5 to 7 years, but by all means lets let them clog up prime real estate.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nice looking rune library there Luc, im gonna come mark a rune to your place, never hurts to have one of those in case i need to get somewhere.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wow...

I mean if it was a critter that was insta killing you I could see getting that worked up over it. But a couple of GD's? I mean if a couple of GD's kill ya these days (with armor being what it is) while they are in a pen... ya may need to hang it up anyway... :confused:

On a TOTALLY unrelated note.. and as a psa.. I urge folks to smoke a big ole bowl, down a shot, get "some" and then problems never appear as large any more... :thumbup:

:next:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whatever I spend 109 USD PER MONTH on this pile of crap game.
OMG This has to be the FUNNIEST thing that I have ever read.
Are you seriously trying to tell everybody that
#1 you spend $109 a month on UO and
#2 you think UO is a pile of crap.

Why on earth would anybody even spend a single penny, much less 10900 of them on anything that they deem is a pile of crap. IMHO you both need to seek out some professional help

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OMG This has to be the FUNNIEST thing that I have ever read.
Are you seriously trying to tell everybody that
#1 you spend $109 a month on UO and
#2 you think UO is a pile of crap.

Why on earth would anybody even spend a single penny, much less 10900 of them on anything that they deem is a pile of crap. IMHO you both need to seek out some professional help
$109 US/month = 10 accounts with tax? Just guessing, mind ya.

However .... :drama: (<== not to you) Free popcorn and grog over yonder ======> <ye olde pub :shots:>

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A good friend of mine back in the day got his account banned for having a trapped orc mage in his house. I assume having a trapped animal in a house falls under the same rules?

I understand the frustration on where some rules are or are not enforced because if one rule isn't enforced it makes others seem not important.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
When you log in for time #13 tonight you will find that the masses grew tired of your complaining and have parked 100 greater dragons in YOUR house, should you be banned? It's never as clear cut as it seems, the GM is as likely to think you put them there to try and get him banned, unless he's there afk macroing of course.