• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Challenge

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok here is a deco challenge - how to deco these god awful ugly rugs so that they disappear but you can still use them. Toss up your ideas. Whoever designed these bloody ugly things should be shot, could of put them in a painting or something you could tuck in a corner instead of these tile hogging monstrosities.

All ideas welcome so put your thinking caps on. :p

upload_2019-7-7_14-52-37.png

Attachments

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got nuttin' for ya, MissE, but wouldn't it be grand if they were just two tiles and could be used as bath or door mats?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok been a few days an no one has dazzled me lol. I guess I am gonna try and stack em when I get the urge, the 'small' ones take up a 5 x 3 footprint, no idea on the large ones, I seriously HATE THEM.

Edit:

Ok I mucked around a little, stacked those 5 rugs (3 dolphin, 1 rose, and 1 skull) So that the skull one was on top as that is the only one that doesn't scream neon colors at you.

How to stack:;
Place down 15 square goza in a 3 x 5 grid.
Place on first rug, it will slip under the goza.
Raise goza by one.
Place second rug (it will also slip under) Repeat for all rugs you have. Looks like this:

upload_2019-7-9_22-14-1.png

Then deco round the edge with stone and stuff as shown. I will muck around with dif colors and stuff later, just wanted to test so used bronze stone. I don't think it looks too bad and certainly gets rid of the most offensive rugs.

upload_2019-7-9_22-15-11.png

The top rug being visible lets you see when it has 10 maps on it, so you know the ones under will have the same amount if you harvest them at the same time.

To harvest them from here just take out the steps in front and your cursor will get the edge of each rug. I still need to test that you can harvest by clicking on the edge but wont tell til they get some stuff in them lol. If not then I guess will need to go again.

upload_2019-7-9_22-17-38.png

We shall see

You can still stand on em too, well at 5 rugs high :p

upload_2019-7-9_22-20-50.png

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also I am wondering if you take a rug and chop it down to 1 tile in the middle if it will still spawn the stuff ? I guess I will take it to test centre and check it out one day lol.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Oh that would be sweet to chop them down to 1 tile. I won’t claim anymore because they are so ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
To harvest them from here just take out the steps in front and your cursor will get the edge of each rug. I still need to test that you can harvest by clicking on the edge but wont tell til they get some stuff in them lol. If not then I guess will need to go again.
Yes. You can clicky the edge pieces to harvest.
Nice idea.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
neat trick, will have to remember that - was going to head over to test with some rugs and find out about the chopping thing, however, character copy still kaput :(

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
sometimes I wish they would be smaller
but I like the size of them now
they fit the décor for the area I put them in

And I don't place them on gozas or pavers
I'm too afraid they would break, like a lighthouse did
I usually like to do deco contest, so always changing things around

but I have to say, I like what you did with the skull rug
looks awesome

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also I am wondering if you take a rug and chop it down to 1 tile in the middle if it will still spawn the stuff ? I guess I will take it to test centre and check it out one day lol.
How do you chop these to one tile and what do they look like then?

I also cannot do much with them for their largeness but do favor them for their drops.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
FYI - tried chopping on TC
Doe NOT chop these rugs, you will not be able to claim the items from them after chopping - even just one chopped tile breaks that function.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI - tried chopping on TC
Doe NOT chop these rugs, you will not be able to claim the items from them after chopping - even just one chopped tile breaks that function.
LOL good to know, I only just copied one over yesterday to test and it hasn't spawned anything yet. But given that they are a vet reward they are not the ideal thing to be chopping anyways unless you never intend to move or redeco. The crafted stuff is fine as it is easily replaceable. It was really just a 'pondering' thought on my part

The solution I had up there in stacking them has got me over the hurdle as to what to do with em. That is working fine and if I really wanted to make em 'disappear' I could also put tiles over the top of that skull rug, although you end up with 'height' issues then. I can walk on those rugs stacked up but if you put tiles down you hit your head and cant get up, but it would be fine on an outside area or roof etc.

Anyways saved me the hassle of chopping and waiting to see if anything spawned/could be removed.