• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do i report this Japanese EM to Mesanna ?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love how all the trammies who constantly complain about griefing are totally cool with this.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I log them all in and decide what I want to do. Sometimes I use one at a time sometimes I take two or three to do something. Then I may go watch TV or go out. They are waiting for me when I return. I am sure a lot of players log in toons and go back and forth between RL and UO.
Thanks, I appreciate the response. I just don't see any reason to do so. To me it's like leaving all the lights on in my house all the time even when I go out. Not something that I would ever do. ;)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was the OP afk-macroing or just afk bank sitting? The original post is not really clear on what he was doing, although it would be quite funny if someone came to complain about dying while afk-macroing. If he was just bank sitting then yes he has every right to be angry, I know I would be.
Looks like he was just sitting there, like 100 others are doing every day. I think that somehow he may have offended some friend of the GM, and that the "AFK" was and excuse for the GM to get revenge? That is not supposed to be allowed from the GM's.
This is why the Dev apologized for this GM's behavior (Divine intervention).

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
AFK and AFKing is obviously different. You must have been asking, marcoing or scripting which h is illegal,To run a macro you must be attended, seeing as you weren't as your body decayed before you returned means you were away for, how long 15 mins?, not telling how long before you were killed you were away. Been doing this for months/years I suspect. So you got what you deserve. Actually not yet, please email Mesanna and get the ban you deserve. CHEAT
You are accusing Darko unfairly. He already said he was just sitting there. You are also calling him CHEAT, and he never implied that. Why are you so reluctant to see that something wrong happened to Darko, and instead you accuse him? He was victimized by the GM for really unknown reasons. He was just sitting there, and he was not macroing. Are you saying you are condoning this GM's behavior to target any player that sit on Luna bank or Luna gate? WTF are you implying? Then this will start happening to everyone who Tram or Fel banksits 24/7? Is that something that is productive for the game?

Also by the way did you read Darko's responses?
He DID email Mesana and he did get a response from her : An apology for what happened. Also from what he describes, he had a lot of valuable items on him that got lost and cannot be returned. He did not get banned.

Last edited:

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm relatively sure that this is not the first time there's been some controversy surrounding this EM. Wasn't there a thread on the official forums a couple of months complaining about this EM's behavior during events to non-shard residents?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are accusing Darko unfairly. He already said he was just sitting there. You are also calling him CHEAT, and he never implied that. Why are you so reluctant to see that something wrong happened to Darko, and instead you accuse him? He was victimized by the GM for really unknown reasons. He was just sitting there, and he was not macroing. Are you saying you are condoning this GM's behavior to target any player that sit on Luna bank or Luna gate? WTF are you implying? Then this will start happening to everyone who Tram or Fel banksits 24/7? Is that something that is productive for the game?

Also by the way did you read Darko's responses?
He DID email Mesana and he did get a response from her : An apology for what happened. Also from what he describes, he had a lot of valuable items on him that got lost and cannot be returned. He did not get banned.
He said he was AFKing. Not being AFK. If he was not cheating he should be very precise in what he is saying. Especially on here

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm okay I have no idea about what he was actually doing, if English is not his first language then he could mean something different to what was assumed, but if the producer of the game apologised then it looks like he wasn't doing anything wrong....if players can't summon monsters in a guard zone, quite rightly so, then EM's shouldn't be doing it either unless it is a well-publicised event. They should definitely have given him something as an apology! This blanket 'we can never get your items back even if it's our fault' is just nonsense.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hmmm okay I have no idea about what he was actually doing, if English is not his first language then he could mean something different to what was assumed, but if the producer of the game apologised then it looks like he wasn't doing anything wrong....if players can't summon monsters in a guard zone, quite rightly so, then EM's shouldn't be doing it either unless it is a well-publicised event. They should definitely have given him something as an apology! This blanket 'we can never get your items back even if it's our fault' is just nonsense.
Also, I doubt he was macroing. He never said so an to macro with possibly100-200 M worth of purchases/loot on board would be hard to believe.

Kincsem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea you probably will say that because you didn’t lost anything that spent a lot of time to collect or farm. So the game allows an EM doing this whenever he want ?
What if this happens in Atlantic, lots of player transfered their goods and ready to sell , some of item can’t insured , suddenly a EM just pop a boss or something that start to kill everyone in Luna without notice , And break everyone’s antique jewel or splintering weapons. Nice game ?
EM has already informed about spawning monsters on their EM site in advance.
Ultima Online Yamato EM Website – ウルティマ オンライン 大和EMウェブサイト

I guess you couldn't read them, but you would have to understand a risk playing on shards of other languages.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM has already informed about spawning monsters on their EM site in advance.
Ultima Online Yamato EM Website – ウルティマ オンライン 大和EMウェブサイト

I guess you couldn't read them, but you would have to understand a risk playing on shards of other languages.
As per Mesannna's email, EM's have known that spawning monsters in Luna are a no-no. Yeah, not insuring the items and being AFK (macro's or not) is just plain a bad idea, but the EM in question was also out of bounds.

Kincsem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As per Mesannna's email, EM's have known that spawning monsters in Luna are a no-no. Yeah, not insuring the items and being AFK (macro's or not) is just plain a bad idea, but the EM in question was also out of bounds.
It's not clear summoning monsters at the bank was forbid or not.
Mesanna just said she WILL talk EMs about this incident.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not clear summoning monsters at the bank was forbid or not.
Mesanna just said she WILL talk EMs about this incident.
Yep, you’re correct, I misread that email. So while summoning monsters isn’t against the EM rules per say, it’s still a **** move.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are going to be AFK go inside the Bank. Problem solved.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Love how all the trammies who constantly complain about griefing are totally cool with this.
I am (or was) a so-called Trammie and even *I* know AFK macroing is not allowed. Please don't lump everyone into your prejudices.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To the OP - AFK macroing is not allowed and hasn't been allowed for many, many years. And if you were AFK, why in the heck didn't your character time out ... or did the EM pop in before the timer?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To the OP - AFK macroing is not allowed and hasn't been allowed for many, many years. And if you were AFK, why in the heck didn't your character time out ... or did the EM pop in before the timer?
Look at the picture, there are players there. Look at my pics. You do not time out near Luna bank. He is in the common spot where fel players sit. The NPCs in the mage shop move around and keep you logged on.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Regardless of what you assume and accuse the OP of unattended macroing without real cause, there are certain circumstances that the char. does NOT time out without macroing? (Like being at that location where traffic is high usually).
Also to prove the point Mesana knows this and already APOLOGISED to the OP. I do not think she would have apologized if there was suspicion or evidence he was macroing.
Are we criminalizing the victim?
:rant2:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly the bank timing out confuses me .. i have afk at luna both in bank, outside by moongate, and stable.. for me it a d20 roll if i will time-out or not.

i have timed-out in all locations at one time or another. Then there are other times i have stay logged for hours. I know has to do with char/npc movement etc.. Some of the times i have timed out the bank was full and a lot of movement and some of the times i have stay for hours no peeps just the minimal npc movement(of course since i am afk i don't really know exact movement, i am going by pre-afk and post-adk moment).. So I stay confused at the movement ratio to keep you from timing out.

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I heard player activity around luna gate and bank keeps players logged in. best placed to work off murder accounts if you don't want to go red. don't want others knowing your there use hiding skill.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like you just need to suck it up and take it on the chin for this one.

It doesn't really matter If you were away from the screen or macroing or doing whatever.
You just brought a few decent items?? Not sure if its old age or I have thicker UO skin now, but I still bank the lot until I know what I'm doing with them.

I've been done over enough in the past. Remember adding that newb into your guild just to kill him and steel him nice armour???? No me either. Feckers!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I heard player activity around luna gate and bank keeps players logged in. best placed to work off murder accounts if you don't want to go red. don't want others knowing your there use hiding skill.
Okay - that was a learning for me ... from you and the others. BUT y'all missed the real point - AFK (perhaps for a prolonged period.

For ages it has been known that if you are doing something ... even using "methods" ... and a GM or EM try talking to you they wait for a response. No response means a time or two more then action against your character.

Soooo, the OP was AFK (his admission). Regardless if other activity kept him logged in, I am betting he did not respond to a query by the EM - or perhaps several. Thus action was taken. <shrug> Boils down to "do the crime, do the time" in my book - and that of TOS.

Not recently, but I had a GM pop into my house because of what appeared to be AFK work to passersby. When I responded to them, they explained why their presence and took off.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Correct me if I’m wrong, but enforcement of the TOS is not within the EM function.
I don't know if it is or not...
what they can or cannot do...

but I do know that on my home shard, the EM has said hello to someone and when they didn't respond, said nighty night.
And the next second that person was gone...
I'm not really sure when that was, but I know it was in 2019

Our EM really likes to do events around Luna on the holidays
but he is always aware of watching out for the people of the shard...

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay - that was a learning for me ... from you and the others. BUT y'all missed the real point - AFK (perhaps for a prolonged period.

For ages it has been known that if you are doing something ... even using "methods" ... and a GM or EM try talking to you they wait for a response. No response means a time or two more then action against your character.

Soooo, the OP was AFK (his admission). Regardless if other activity kept him logged in, I am betting he did not respond to a query by the EM - or perhaps several. Thus action was taken. <shrug> Boils down to "do the crime, do the time" in my book - and that of TOS.

Not recently, but I had a GM pop into my house because of what appeared to be AFK work to passersby. When I responded to them, they explained why their presence and took off.
regardless the OP is afk didn't answer the EM should of paged a GM the EM had no business taking matters into her/his own hands they were not hired as a GM. I see it as abuse of power in my book. a GM would of never killed him for being afk. plus its not illegal to be afk it's illegal if your afk and your character is doing some kinda action on the game. casting spells crafting or sparing with golems etc. some of this stuff you do not have to run a third party program to do. but like I said it's illegal doing things while you away.
no matter what I'm doing on the game I stop what I'm doing and hide my character til I get back. I don't trust the system so I do what I feel is the best option for me. I never bank sit or do idocs on a character I can't hide or steath on. also if ea/orgin doesn't want you on their game they can perma ban you for no reason because the own the game and make the rules.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think you all are reading FAR too much into this...

IMO this is what probably happened... The EM was bored knew that they needed to do some sort of something on their shard... showed up at Luna because, hey that's where people are, asked if anyone wanted to play and kill stuff... someone said YEAH... so they went outside the bank to that area by the stables and he spawned something which happened to kill mister AFK OP who was near the moongate ..... which was collateral damage and wasn't really something the EM intended to do... they probably were just wanting to entertain people on the shard... AFK OP just happened to get attacked and killed probably because the EM spawned one of those mobs that randomly attacks anything it hits with splash damage... one of those mobs that constantly swap targets... not really intentionally targetting the AFK OP...

And IMO if you are in-game you should be prepared for something unpredictable to happen...

There are also reasons I mostly log characters in Haven... it's far more "safe" than Luna...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna has stated many times that EMs have no enforcement powers/responsibility whatsoever. They get to page a GM just like the rest of us do.

For all we know, the mob that killed the OP was from an event outside Luna and a player lured it into the city. But since we don't, speculation can only breed conspiracy.

If you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras.