• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter #39

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most likely #2 she wants to micromanage everyone... all the time... no one off on their own doing things she can't directly control... and no "code" not in house...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most likely #2 she wants to micromanage everyone... all the time... no one off on their own doing things she can't directly control... and no "code" not in house...
Really a shame. For what, I am guessing they pay, they really can't be that particular. And off-site development has been mainstream for many years.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mesanna said long time ago there would be no more of that you have to physically be in office...
Well, if that's it, then that's it. I telecommuted for the last 8 years of my career - supporting 9 nuclear plant (11 reactors total) and never had an issue with work levels or performance. Worker bees produce much less when management helicopters (if that's the atmosphere).

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She definitely seems like the micromanaging type. And if so it certainly hasn't done great things for the game.

Totally agree on the permanent content comment though. Spending development resources on temporary stuff at this point is a huge waste of time and money IMO