• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stone Shoes Equip/Unequip

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I tried to find this on the search, but it still seems a little unclear, so I'll just ask. I've yet to do Navery and from what I've read, you need stone shoes or boots to get out of the web she throws at you. I was trying to make a hot key or macro for the equip/unequip stone shoes. I noticed you can equip multiple items when making the macro in the enhanced client. So, instead of doing a button for equip, then another for unequip and then another to re-equip the original equipment, will it work if I just equip the stone shoes, and also equip the boots I always wear? One button that way. It will equip the stone shoes first, then the boots instantly. It's on the equip items section.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pro tip for ya, use the opposite stone boots for what you are. If your human use gargoyle stone boots, once you equip them they fall off instantly cause your not gargoyle and vice versa.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best option is to put on gargoyle boots if ur human. The boots will pop back in ur pack and u can move again.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heard opposites were fixed and I couldn't get them to work either.

I had to use same style and equip until I saw the message you can no longer move then it'll break the para.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you going to melee Navrey? If you are a tamer you do not need them. You will get out of the web after a time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to be watchful when you enter. Then use the pillars to avoid aggro.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heard opposites were fixed....
U R Correct. Changed to stop a scripting exploit in PvP that bypassed casting timers & allowed running through para fields. Only took them yrs of broken PvP to fix that one :p.

If ur melee, think ur best bet now is a manual switch cause I believe the macro pauses ur swing speed longer then by switch em out by hand (if u have decent reflexes).

Once they’re on don’t wait for the message to switch back to normal footwear. Game instantly recognizes & breaks webbing often before u see the message due to lag. Just switch em out fast as u can :) .

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U R Correct. Changed to stop a scripting exploit in PvP that bypassed casting timers & allowed running through para fields. Only took them yrs of broken PvP to fix that one :p.

If ur melee, think ur best bet now is a manual switch cause I believe the macro pauses ur swing speed longer then by switch em out by hand (if u have decent reflexes).

Once they’re on don’t wait for the message to switch back to normal footwear. Game instantly recognizes & breaks webbing often before u see the message due to lag. Just switch em out fast as u can :) .
I don't think its instant anymore, I have been having to leaving them on for a second or so for them to break the web,

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think its instant anymore, I have been having to leaving them on for a second or so for them to break the web,
Mine sure don't work that way anymore, when I (Elf) put Garg shoes on it instantly throws them back in my pack and does NOT break the paralyze.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt there also a type of acid sac you can use for webs also.
The sac is used for dissolving a vine blocking a secret door to do a quest or gain access to a stealable in SA. Sadly not for monster webbing (ie. Navrey or Meph).

I don't think its instant anymore...
Haven’t been down there in awhile so u may b right, can’t 100% say :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a macro that just equips the stone boots then has a 1 second delay and then equips my normal boots. Works fine for navrey.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just got to Macros and use one of the equipment macros to put on the shoes. Assign a hot-key then you're good to go.

I use them on my Archer Tamer and they work like a charm. I didn't buy the opposite boots though. It takes roughly 2 seconds to switch shoes and its not a problem for me. Meanwhile, everyone else is stuck in webs and losing out on DPS and heals. So they are definitely worth it.

GL ENJOY

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the help, but what do I do once I get to the create macro page? I got that far, but have no clue

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine sure don't work that way anymore, when I (Elf) put Garg shoes on it instantly throws them back in my pack and does NOT break the paralyze.

Hey Parnoc, I am using stone footwear that can be equipped...I think they "fixed" the ability to break the web using gear that is race specific and using it on a race that cant equip it naturally.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the help, but what do I do once I get to the create macro page? I got that far, but have no clue
to make a macro to equip your boots go to the equipment menu under actions and choose "equip items" when you put it in the macro another window pops up put your stone boots in it and hit ok, then put another "equip items" in and put your regular footwear in it and hit ok. then select the "other" menu under actions and select "delay" and put it in the macro between the other two and a window pops up to put time in. put 2.0 and then "submit" then hit ok at the bottom of the macro. you then give it a hotkey and it should equip your stone boots, then wait 2 seconds and re-equip your regular footwear. it will look like this when done:

upload_2019-8-4_13-34-8.png

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you so much for the info! I got the macro made, and tried to assign it to a hot key, but it didn't assign to the hot key. I clicked on the macro and chose "assign hotkey" and pressed the key I wanted it to be, but nothing happened. Here's what it looks like so far:
mcro.jpg

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you so much for the info! I got the macro made, and tried to assign it to a hot key, but it didn't assign to the hot key. I clicked on the macro and chose "assign hotkey" and pressed the key I wanted it to be, but nothing happened. Here's what it looks like so far:
View attachment 100606
ok, the footwear goes inside the "equip items" macro like below.
upload_2019-8-4_15-35-54.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 100606
you can right click the equip items and choose edit, then put the footwear in it that way

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
OMG! Thank You! I finally got it to look like yours. I had the screen too high and it was cutting off the spot to put my stone shoes. LOL! But, now I can't seem to assign it to an F key... Here's what happens when I try.
rejct.jpg

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nevermind, I clicked yes and now it works, but is no longer listed on my hotbar.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank You all for the help! I feel like such a noob sometimes. So much has changed over the years that I've been gone.
Welcome to the noob club! I am the vice-president of the club, and have been on this game for a number of years. It is a vast game, tons of secrets and options etc, and there are new items almost regularly. Thats one of the things that make the game still interesting.