• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Y'all don't forget...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hidden in the newsletter was the fact that tonight on Chessy at 7pm est is the meet and greet.
Just letting ya know, it didn't get much advertisement.

Come ask your questions, tell em your troubles.

And see how many times we get told no, later, and thats a good idea for sometime in the future (we will look into it).

But the transcripts have been a bit iffy lately, so if you want to know the deal, come on down in person.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And tbh, unless they are just ashamed of not ever having anything real to say, I don't understand why they don't post a transcript on the 'official' boards.
Maybe someone should use their question to ask this; I'd be interested to see what their answer is. Since they mention policy issues in these events, there should be an official transcript someplace.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wont be there as its in the middle of night Europe time,
But I hope someone can transcribe this.

If I could have been there Id ask them again about IDOC and tell them to put all IDOC on hold for X month untill they have a solution.
I probably get flamed for this around here :eyes:, but Id say it anyways.

the second question would be "You guys dont get paid by EA for doing bug fixes, do you?"

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
New M&G transcript format:
We'll look into it
question
question
question

Items for Bleak or Kyronix
question
question
question

We ain't gonna do it
question
question
question

That should take the pain out of everything. If you wanna see what's been put off/postponed ... look into one group and you will be answered. <shrug>

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You forgot Email me with that and I'll ignore it... for months until it's too late to do anything...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
For future reference, how do I save my journal?
use the EC....there's a way to do it in the CC but it's a bit complicated...in the EC under user settings > Options you check the box for Save Journal to File

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But that would require EC
Yep..it's the only reason I still have the EC client installed on my computer. All I wanted was a Hue ID tool and a Save Journal to File option for the CC....they got one done :) Now they just need to make the save journal option as easy in the CC as it is in the EC...just check a box and you're done....keeping my fingers crossed!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep..it's the only reason I still have the EC client installed on my computer. All I wanted was a Hue ID tool and a Save Journal to File option for the CC....they got one done :) Now they just need to make the save journal option as easy in the CC as it is in the EC...just check a box and you're done....keeping my fingers crossed!
I swear there is a setting somewhere for that... but I think I used to use a program... UOJournal Converter or some such... for the CC... you had to go into the code and change something to yes... if I recall that was ages ago though I haven't used the CC in years.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In uo.cfg for each character:

JournalSaveFile=UOLaura_Journal.txt
SaveJournal=on
JournalSaveUnicode=off

There are bugs. If you change characters during a session, it doesn't close the previous character's journal and open the changed-to character's.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah...a whole 3 people! YAY!

And yes I am here so I will be posting the transcript later this evening...hope more people show up! :)
Thank you so much for your time and efforts! Without you I wouldn't be able to read what's been said at all.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: why is there so much fortified and of defense dropping now

[Crystal] Mesanna says: [...] we have not changed it
[Crystal] Kyronix says: [...] update did not change the way loot is fundamentally generated

[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: i have stopped playing due to this issue
[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: went bac kto ps 4
[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: lol

[Crystal] Mesanna says: we will look into it

:lol::lol::lol: You really need to spell it that bold into their face these days.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was from the M&G on Oceania back in March

[19/03/12][12:02:32] [MissEcho]: hello
[19/03/12][12:02:36] [Mesanna]: Greetings
[19/03/12][12:02:38] [Kyronix ]: Hello!
[19/03/12][12:02:48] [MissEcho]: I just have a couple of q's re player run stuff
[19/03/12][12:03:02] [MissEcho]: i asked this about 4-5 yr ago and was told it was possible
[19/03/12][12:03:13] [MissEcho]: but seems it fell in the black hole :)
[19/03/12][12:03:17] [MissEcho]: currency wall safe issue
[19/03/12][12:03:26] [MissEcho]: The safe would be much more usable for the players if there was a Deposit ONLY setting for the existing safe.
[19/03/12][12:03:35] [MissEcho]: Or failing that a NEW deed that lets you place a 'DEPOSIT ONLY SAFE' that you can set to 'anyone' like the mailbox.
[19/03/12][12:03:44] [MissEcho]: This way anyone can deposit (like a mailbox) but ONLY the house owner/co-owner (or other per set security) could withdraw.
[19/03/12][12:03:52] [MissEcho]: That way you can use it for player run events, at auctions for both the auction house on sales
[19/03/12][12:03:54] [Mesanna]: the safe is on our list
[19/03/12][12:04:10] [MissEcho]: ok well good as right now it is pretty unusable
[19/03/12][12:04:22] [MissEcho]: it seriously needs to have a deposit only function
[19/03/12][12:04:31] [MissEcho]: my next issue is game books
[19/03/12][12:04:36] [Mesanna]: thank you for the suggestion
[19/03/12][12:04:42] [Mesanna]: working on them
[19/03/12][12:04:43] [MissEcho]: for yrs we have been complaining that they don't work in both clients
[19/03/12][12:04:50] [MissEcho]: any eta ?
[19/03/12][12:04:55] [Mesanna]: we are working on them
[19/03/12][12:04:59] [MissEcho]: I asked about 10 yrs ago
[19/03/12][12:05:02] [Mesanna]: 105
[19/03/12][12:05:05] [Mesanna]: if all goes well
[19/03/12][12:05:12] [MissEcho]: 105?
[19/03/12][12:05:15] [Mesanna]: yes
[19/03/12][12:05:19] [Mesanna]: next publish
[19/03/12][12:05:21] [Mesanna]: 105
[19/03/12][12:05:26] [MissEcho]: oh had no idea what you meant lol
[19/03/12][12:05:36] [Mesanna]: when I said we are working on them I meant for the next publish
[19/03/12][12:05:42] [Kyronix ]: FORGOTTEN TREASURES! Treasures treasures .........

Guess we shall wait til 106 or 107 or 158 .....

somehow after more than 10 yrs I am not hopeful lol

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: ok in that case
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: can i have a fish barrel that organizes all my fish?
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: built like DJ locker?
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: or seed tray?

[Crystal] Mesanna says: good idea

[Crystal] Lily Grace says: hmmm?
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: Thanks for your time
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: *smiles*

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: ok in that case
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: can i have a fish barrel that organizes all my fish?

[Crystal] Lily Grace says: built like DJ locker?
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: or seed tray?

[Crystal] Mesanna says: good idea

[Crystal] Lily Grace says: hmmm?
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: Thanks for your time
[Crystal] Lily Grace says: *smiles*
after she left that area, she said in general chat about the container being used in the hold.
with weight reduction

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: why is there so much fortified and of defense dropping now

[Crystal] Mesanna says: [...] we have not changed it
[Crystal] Kyronix says: [...] update did not change the way loot is fundamentally generated

[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: i have stopped playing due to this issue
[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: went bac kto ps 4
[Crystal] Lady Smashido says: lol

[Crystal] Mesanna says: we will look into it

:lol::lol::lol: You really need to spell it that bold into their face these days.
I am smashido. Did you notice when I was explaining the issue, I typed like 5-6 times before they even responded as if they are completely dumbfounded by it. I don't think they understand how the code works and when adjusting something it ruins other things and they have no idea. Oh and Im replaying Shadow of War now on PS4, I already beat the game but I decided to restart a new game since Pvp is broken and now Pvm is broken. There is no reason to login anymore now. Until they fix this Im done with UO.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am smashido. Did you notice when I was explaining the issue, I typed like 5-6 times before they even responded as if they are completely dumbfounded by it. I don't think they understand how the code works and when adjusting something it ruins other things and they have no idea. Oh and Im replaying Shadow of War now on PS4, I already beat the game but I decided to restart a new game since Pvp is broken and now Pvm is broken. There is no reason to login anymore now. Until they fix this Im done with UO.
I think a lot of their pauses are them talking to each other in person about issues. Mesanna, who does the majority of the talking, doesn't know everything so she has to refer to the others.

Honestly, it sounds like a RNG issue to me. It could also be what you're hunting. The roof is notorious for having mage items and Exodus for dexer. It could simply be what you're hunting.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think a lot of their pauses are them talking to each other in person about issues. Mesanna, who does the majority of the talking, doesn't know everything so she has to refer to the others.

Honestly, it sounds like a RNG issue to me. It could also be what you're hunting. The roof is notorious for having mage items and Exodus for dexer. It could simply be what you're hunting.
I also don’t think this is across the entire loot generator. The devs seemed to lean toward this being possible with some of the treasure chest kits but abandoned that line of thought when the person asking the question indicated otherwise.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Its not a RNG issue, it started happening after the carto glasses got fixed, it doesn't matter what I hunt in the game. Like 50% of the loot has the fortified / Of defense on it every single kill without fail. They broke it and it needs to be fixed ASAP. Last Corgul I did had like 20 items per account (40 total). 24 of those items were fortified of defense, its that way every time Ive done it since the patch. This includes tmaps, champion bosses and the roof.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't even understand how the Carto glasses work if you are already at GM, if 100 is the cap and there are no power scrolls how can you be 105? Even at GM I still got rusty chests. Maybe some smart person will take pity and explain it to me....:D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't even understand how the Carto glasses work if you are already at GM, if 100 is the cap and there are no power scrolls how can you be 105? Even at GM I still got rusty chests. Maybe some smart person will take pity and explain it to me....:D
Supposedly they are supposed to work like miners gloves which you all know how often you fail at smelting down Valorite into ingots with or without gloves so yeah... it's like that... not quite as bad as the stupid fishing bait and suit but pretty close.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They stealth fixed the glasses. They show above 100 cartography skill now. They have horrible resists and no luck so I don't wear mine anyway.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They stealth fixed the glasses. They show above 100 cartography skill now. They have horrible resists and no luck so I don't wear mine anyway.
I know they were imbuable before the stealth fix, are they not now?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Imbuing only makes them Meh... certainly doesn't give them something suit worthy...
Depends on whether you care if your suit is uber/perfect. personally i can get past an imperfect suit with my experience in this playstyle. i have a couple of imbued ones that work well for me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on whether you care if your suit is uber/perfect. personally i can get past an imperfect suit with my experience in this playstyle. i have a couple of imbued ones that work well for me.
My T hunters helmet has the bulk of my resists. Not worth changing everything else to get less luck and 103 carto. I could build a new suit around imbued glasses if I wanted to spend the hours reforging luck and stats then paying for enhancements.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They didnt stealth fix the glasses, it was a hotfix which they posted on uo.com Forgotten Treasures Hotfixes – Ultima Online and announced before applying the hotfix.

Stealth: cautious and surreptitious action or movement.
Well apparently I'm not the only one that did not see that hotfix notice. Too bad Tokuno beacons were not Hotfixed. Stealth fixed would be fine also.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well apparently I'm not the only one that did not see that hotfix notice. Too bad Tokuno beacons were not Hotfixed. Stealth fixed would be fine also.
Agreed... but apparently not being able to do the current content isn't important enough to warrant a fix.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed... but apparently not being able to do the current content isn't important enough to warrant a fix.
It was my understanding that the problem only applies to Tokuno beacons? Are Trammel ones affected too? I've done all mine in Felucca, so I haven't had any problems.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was my understanding that the problem only applies to Tokuno beacons? Are Trammel ones affected too? I've done all mine in Felucca, so I haven't had any problems.
Dunno I only do them in Tokuno... trying to find them in Trammel or Fel is like looking for a needle in a haystack... The problem in Trammel is sailing to the stinking dock in between pirates is a snooze... it's a 30 min trip... 30 min of doing nothing... sheer boredom... If that stupid dock wasn't 200 miles from the area of the spawn it wouldn't be so bad... but it's so freaking far away that it just isn't worthwhile. In the time it takes to do 1 pirate on the mainland I could do 2 or 3 in Tokuno.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dunno I only do them in Tokuno... trying to find them in Trammel or Fel is like looking for a needle in a haystack... The problem in Trammel is sailing to the stinking dock in between pirates is a snooze... it's a 30 min trip... 30 min of doing nothing... sheer boredom... If that stupid dock wasn't 200 miles from the area of the spawn it wouldn't be so bad... but it's so freaking far away that it just isn't worthwhile. In the time it takes to do 1 pirate on the mainland I could do 2 or 3 in Tokuno.
Amen to that! Or else give us an overdrive on the ship speed lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well just move the F'ing thing over near Jhelom... plenty of freaking water over there... whoever's whacked-out idea it was to put it all the way in freaking timbucktwo in the first place should be flogged... I mean seriously why would anyone do it in Tram or Fel unless you had to? It's seriously snoresville to do it there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We need to have bugs fixed that affect the normal gameplay. We do not need a workaround for bugs that were already fixed on Test Center. As others have said, Doing the Tram or Fel ones are quite boring. I only attack Beacons, the Beacons in Tokuno are very close together and two of the areas are close together if one is all ships. A 2 minute sail or off load and recall puts you in the next area. For a while we would use two ships to finish them off faster, it is too difficult for two ships to hunt in Tram and find each other when one gets a Beacon. In Tokuno you always see land and we made up names for the land. "I'm east of Florida" The other knows exactly where to go and will be there in a minute. You could travel for 5 mins between Beacons in Tram.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We need to have bugs fixed that affect the normal gameplay. We do not need a workaround for bugs that were already fixed on Test Center
Historically, I think they have shown we are SOL lol. Altho, they might get it done

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Historically, I think they have shown we are SOL lol. Altho, they might get it done
I take Kyronix finding time to reply to a random slayer question but not even acknowledging all the bugged beacon questions as a clear sign of "WE COULDNT CARE LESS GO DEAL WITH IT" :) But let's find some excuses why it's our fault now lol.